Friday, October 31, 2008

Early Voting?

This year a lot of attention is going to people voting before election day. Take a look at the second chart on the link below, the one about early voting. What do you see? What effect do you think early voting will have on the election? Do you think people should be allowed to vote early? Write a 4+ or 8+ sentence paragraph responding to the questions above. To get full credit, your comment should be thoughtful, use your best grammar, and be 8+ sentences.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/111673/Interest-High-One-Five-Already-Voted.aspx

66 comments:

michael anson the master in black said...

I see on the graph for the early voting most people choose before it is voting time. I think people shouldnt be aloud to vote early because if obama or Mccain could go to a state and most of the people already and the people wouldnt change there mind but some people would change there mind.

Sean I. said...

The first thing i noticed was that since 1996 the voters planning to vote before election day has been increasing. I do not think think that voting before election day is a good thing. Okay sure this will reduce the crowd on election day. But people could vote more than once. I mean if that happened some one who didn't want in to office could go in to office.

Kirby p said...

What I see is a graph showing people who vote early or vote at the regular time. This also just doesn’t show this year but previous years. I think is could cause conflict because people seeing a presidential ballet before some other people do just “I don’t think” is right. This also could be a good thing because if there is someone you know that did vote early could tell what is on there and you will be prepared to answer the questions. Again this could also cause conflict because if you tell someone but not another person that wants to know that will start a fight. I think people should all just vote at the same time. This will not make anyone unequal and not cause conflict. The less conflict the safer people will be. This is why I think everyone should vote at the same time.

Anonymous said...

What I saw in the graph was people going to be voting early and people voting a regular time. Over the last two weeks it has increased for people who want to vote ahead of time. Two thirds of the registered voters are planning to be voting on election day itself. People voting early can cause problem because if you tell someone and not the other person it could cause a big mess.This is why people should just plan on voting on the regular election day. Then people won't feel left out. It will also will be safer. People should just vote on Election day it will just be for the better.

Emily G said...

In this chart I see that on October 19 more people planned to vote before Election Day than after the 28th. I think that early voting could have a very bad effect on the election. On account it could mean that early voters can vote more than once, before Election Day and on Election Day. I don’t think people should be allowed to vote early because it could allow people to vote more than once.

Anonymous said...

On or about October 24 the percentage of people who already voted and the percentage of people who plan on voting BEFORE Election Day was equal at 17%. It makes sense -- as the number of people who vote early increases the number of people who plan on voting before Election Day decreases-- because they have already voted! We learned in math that this is an inverse relationship!
I am not exactly sure how I feel about voting early-- I can see that it makes sense if one needs an absentee ballot-- due to travel, college, or illness-- but just going to vote before Election Day seems anti-climatic to me. In addition, the media and pollsters are trying to find early trends and are possibly influencing people who have not yet voted. "My guy is projected to have a lead so if I don't get to the polls on Tuesday, it will be okay." OR "My guy is behind already, what difference will it make if I vote or not on Nov. 4? It's over before it started......."

Michael Maurial said...

On Oct 19th, more people planed on voting before the election. I don't think voting early is bad. If u have something to do on election day it gives you a chance to vote on a different day. So voting before the election is not bad.

courtneyl said...

I think that you should be able to vote early bt only a cople of days early.That way you are still voting because everyone 18 and older should vote. But you should not be able to vote like two weeks early. Because something could be said that will change your vote.And this way if they can not vote on the 4th they still voted.So voting early can be bad because you might change your mind.

Alex said...

I see more early voters support Obama over McCain. This will help Obama. This is a sign that more Obama will win the election. I don't think there is anything wrong with voting early. Those who vote early won't change their minds. Those who haven't voted early will wait till election day to make up their minds. Also, there will be less lines on Election Day if people vote early. Finally, if people can't make it to the polls on election day, they can vote early.

Ethan L said...

I noticed that the farther away from Election Day the more people planed to vote early. but as time went n less and more and more people decided to vote on election day. I dont think it will have any effect on the election unless a presidential nominee drasticly changes his plans after the early voters vote. I dont think people should be able to vote early because i think they need to know everything both canidates have to say before they vote, and every one in the united states knows when election day is so they should be smart enouth not to plan anything on that day.

Olivia D said...

I see a graph that shows me what percentage of people who plan to vote early before Election Day,and people who have already voted. I see that the line that shows people who plan to vote before election day is decreasing,while the line for people who already voted is increasing. This shows that people who plan to vote have already voted. The wording above the graph says that this line has been steadily increasing over the past 2 weeks. And the people who plan on voting early are still planning on voting ealy.I think that the effect that early voting will have on the election is going to be bad. Because if you see a plan that the other candidate has on mind,and you prefer that one over the one you have already voted for, you can't vote for it. If you weren't able to vote early, you could have had time to really see what the candidates are going to do,if they are elected president. So i think that early voting is not such a good idea.

Anonymous said...

BY:KYLE BENNETT



when i looked at the bar graph showing that persentegs of americans that vote i noticed that it is stedily increasing. my geuss for this year is that about 95% of americans will vote. when i was looking at the line gragh i noticed that as the number of people who have voted incresses as the number of people who havent voted decreses. i didn't realize that people can vote before the acutail day of election.

Anonymous said...

What I saw in the charts is that the people who planned on voting early have decided against it. i also noticed that from the year 1996 the number of early voters has risen by 14. I think early voting will affect the election because if people vote early they might decide that they made the wrong choice of voting for that canaidate. Maybe the person they voted for ending up doing or saying something after the early vote that made the voter want to change their vote. I don't think we should have the early vote because people may not be totally decided on who to vote for and by doing an early vote will make counting all the votes more confusing.

TIffany Arias said...

On Oct 19th, more people planed on voting before the election. My geuss for this year is that about 95% of americans will vote. I dont think it will have any effect on the election unless a presidential nominee drasticly changes his plans after the early voters vote. don’t think people should be allowed to vote early because it could allow people to vote more than once.

Amanda T said...

That the number of people that have already voted keeps on increasing as time goes on, but the number of people that plan to vote before election day. That someone might not have all of the facts right, but by the time that the election date comes by the person may have changed his/her mind about their pervious vote. On other hand you could have made up your mind already and be positive on the diction that you had made. I think that the diction of whether or not people should be able to vote early is up to the factors of them being informed of their diction and be 100% positive that is what they want to be supporting. But the reason for why I dislike the idea is because the person doing this could be making a bad choice because they didn’t know what they were voting for there for they could be voting for someone they like but doesn’t go along with there idea.

Tyler L said...

When I looked at the graphs, I noticed that the top graph showed that in 1996 and 2000, there was less thoughts about the elections than the 1992, 2004, and 2008 elections. I also noticed that 2008 has the most people thinking about the election (92%). In the comments under the graph, it said that the years where there was a higher percentage of people thinking about the election- there was also a higher amount of voters. If that is true, a lot more people care about the outcome of this election than in previous ones. In the second graph, it showed there are a lot of early voters in this election. The title says that one person out of five have already voted. Most of the early voters have said they voted for Barack Obama. Many more voters still say they plan on voting early. If the graph is right, then 1/3 of voters will have voted before election day.

Anonymous said...

What I saw was that alot of people already voted by Oct. 28, and is continueing to go up while the number of people planning to vote is going down. I think more people are turning away from early voting because they're always dicovering something new about the canidates that change their minds'. I think early voting will get us a president we don't want because once the people who already voted find out something they don't like about the canidates, it is too late to change their decisions. I don't think early voting should be allowed because if people vote too early on a canidate knowing absolutly nothing about him, then that can screw up our economy even more. That's my oponion anyway...

Fred C said...

I had seen that in 1992 and 2000 there was 90% of the people that had turned out. There was 92% of people that had showed up in 2008 and that is the most in the past 16 years. In 1996 there was a big drop in the number of people that had turned out for the early voting. The jump was from 90% to 78%. Then the graph had showed that it was increasing more and more each time there was data recieved. That had meant that at 1996 there were not many people that were voting early. The amount that had dropped was 12%. Over the years the precentage had gone back up and had went over 90%.

Unknown said...

According to the chart more people currently have alreadyvoted than the people who have already voted.
The number of people who have already voted keeps increasing. This suprises me because I expected more people to not vote early. I do not beleive that people should be allowed to vote early because peolpe might vote ten change there minds about the pearson they are voteing for and if they vote early they cant change there minds about who thay are going to vote for. I beleive that there will be some peolpe who vote early then change there minds about who they want to vote for.

EmilyD said...

What I see in this chart is that the number of people who voted early steadily increased over each of the times the poll was conducted. I think that the result early voting will have on the election is that the candidate who was and still is currently ahead will have received more votes. I also think that it won’t make a difference if the candidate who is or was currently behind campaigns more. Now, that probably sounded confusing so the reason behind my assumption is this; because of early voting the people who voted early cannot change their vote. If we're assuming that the majority of the early voters voted for the candidate who was ahead according to recent polls, than it doesn’t matter how much more campaigning the behind candidate does because many people already voted and they can't change their vote. I do think that people should be allowed to vote early because if you feel strongly about a candidate then you don’t want to have to wait for an extra month or two when you already know exactly who you’re voting for. Another reason I believe early voting should be allowed is because it makes it easier for people to vote. If you can’t make it to polling place on the actual Election Day it’s still alright. Early voting really makes it more probable that the entire country has a say in our government.

Anonymous said...

I see that as the “already voted” percentage increases the “plan to vote before Election Day” percentage decreases. I also see that over a course of 9 days, the percent for “already voted” goes up drastically, from 7% to 21%. I think the effect that early voters will have on the election will be a bit negative because if the results are released then the people who want to vote for the candidate who did not win the early voting poll might be discouraged to vote because they might think that their vote doesn’t count. It’s positive because if many people voted early then it would be less work to count the votes on Election Day. The results would show up faster and it would be more convenient. I do think people should be allowed to vote early, so that they can get their opinions out quicker and if they know whom they are voting for then they should go ahead and vote. Also, if someone is unable to vote on Election Day they should definitely be able to vote early. Losing even a few votes can make a big difference.

kevinp said...

From the second graph, I can conclude that as election day draws near, more people have voted earlier. I think that if people vote earlier, they may vote differently compared to if they voted on election day. This can be caused by a factor of things, one of which is late campaigning. If a candidate is campaigning especially hard just before the election, then the voters who vote on election day may vote for that candidate. Those who vote early may vote for the other candidate who wasn't campaigning just as hard before election day, because they made their decision on the candidates pervious campaigning. This effect would be even more noticeable on undecided voters. I think that early voting is perfectly acceptable, because if someone feels strongly for a candidate they are unlikely to change their opinion. Undecided voters should vote on election day so that they have maximum knowledge to base their vote on.

Jess D said...

The first thing that I noticed was that the number of people planning to vote before election day has gone up. Personally I dont think that voting before election day is a good thing. I agree with kirby that i could cause a conflict with people that actually vote on election day. I would say it would be ok to vote before election day on special accasions like if you were going out of the country on a buisness trip and you couldnt be there for election day, that would be an acceptable reason for voting before election day. For the people that vote on election day this could be discouraging. IF they see the polls before they vote and they see that maybe their candidate is winning, they mught not want to vote becasue they are already winning. This would be a problem becasue every vote makes a difference. This could also be a good thing if your undecided and you look at the polls to see who the people are voting for. Maybe if say Obama was winning, people might want to go look up more information on this candidate to see why everyone likes him.

Anonymous said...

The chart shows that 21 percent of voters have already voted and another 12 percent plan to vote before election day. The people that vote early definately know who they want for president. Once they vote early they can't change their minds. Undecided people wait until election day. Voting early does not change the outcome of the election unless people cheat and figure a way to vote twice. Yes I think voting early is a good thing because it should reduce crowded polling places.

chrisL said...

what I see in these graphs is that as we get closer to election day the less people are planning to vote before the election day. so more people are going to vote on election day. since there is more people going to vote on election day. there is going to be a bigger turnout of voters. More and more people are voting on election day.

Anonymous said...

When I looked at the graph I saw many things. There was a graph showing the people who have already voted, and the people who are planning to vote on Tuesday Election Day. This was shown together on on graph. I think early voting is good, only because there are some really big states, which means when people vote on Tuesday, there won't be such long lines. Long lines at the polls could mean that people will leave after a while if the lines are to long and people have wait a really long time. This can also be a bad thing. This could cause problems because you get an idea of how the presidency may turn out. The person in the lead could be someone who you don't like. This could also take away the excitement that builds up, over who will be the next president. This is what I saw in the graph, and why early voting can be a good or a bad thing.

McK.Sturges. said...

People probably voted earlier in the recent days because a lot of people have a lot more things to do these days. Or they just want to beat the crowds at the polls. A lot of people probably planned on voting earlier, but didn't because plans always change. Personally, I think that people shouldn't be able to vote early because I feel that they might not have made the right choice for who they voted for. But I also think it is a good idea because people are taking into consideration on how important it to vote and that they should try to fit that into their busy schedules. I am not really sure what effect voting early would be on the election. Maybe they will get more votes than they were planning on. I never knew that you could vote early, it sounds like a good idea to me.

Anonymous said...

One of the things i noticed is that the number of people who are going to vote before election day has gone up. i think this is a good thing because it will cause less traffic at the polling station and if voters are out of the country it will provide them with an oppurtunity to vote. also if the voters are handicapt they should have quick access to a ballot.

Thomas

Anonymous said...

On this site it had graphs showing the number of people who are voting early and the umber of people voting regular time. This can be interpreted as bad or good. One way that it could be good is that if someone could not make it to ballet on election day then they can vote. Also if someone votes early they can tell voters about it so they will be prepared for when they have to vote. But it could also be bad because people can get in arguments with each other about what they think on voting early or on time. Some people may not think its good. And others may think it is good. I think I heard on the news that people also vote early because they are a bigger populated state. I think everyone should vote at the same time. It is just fair that way.

Ellery R said...

I think that early voting will cause there to be a lesser line, on November fourth. This is becaus if one third of the registered voters have already voted that leaves two thirds still left to vote so much less people in the lines on election day. Also, it may have more people to vote. This is because if people have seen that this many people have voted they may want to go ahaed and vote for themselves, as a kind of joining the movment thought. Also, this may cause people to go out and vote because tere isn't that wait in the line to decide and vote. If someone lives in a very populated area and the polls are always very crowded, the lines would be one third less crowded because that one third of people have already voted, thus opening up the line for others. I do think people are allowed to vote early. This is because if one persons busy scedule happens to have no time to allot for voting maybe the weekend before or the day before is less hectic so that person can still get their vote in. On the topic of absentee ballots, i also think this should be allowed, people travel and you may not be able to be in the country on that date, and perhaps you can't get to the polls. Also, for example my grandmother who doesn't have the ability to go to the polls can have n absentee ballot filled out and she can send it in. I think early voting should be allowed in this era's sceduling and well-being.

Anonymous said...

As the years go by the number of people going to vote before the election has been going up. I think this year more people will vote to keep this line going. The paragraph above the graph says that this percentage has been increasing steadily the last two weeks. This graph kind of confused me because I don't really get the early voting concept but I do get some of it.

Anonymous said...

i think this shows that now that there us a black president and woman for a vice president people are now thinking differently. and it graddually goes up beacause maybe people are being less racist and now that people who didnt have rights llong tiome ago have more right and people like that. witch also gives people more thought about the presidential election this year

Lilly said...

I am not quite sure if this is what you are talking about but my moms friend is going to Japan for her daughters wedding and she needed to have a write in vote that ((I think)) she needs to mail in.Is this the same thing??

Okay on to answering questions with actual answers!Oh wait!!! Absentee ballot THAT'S what it is!! (((SORRY)))


21% have voted early...wow! That is not a gigantic amount but still pretty substantial! Only two thirds to vote on actual election day thats unusual...

Anonymous said...

Early voters like obama more than mcCain which will help obama on eleciton day. I think early voting is ok because then people cant change there mind on all the last mineute advertising to change there mind on incorrect facts about oneanother. This will also cut down on the line son election day because less people need to vote.

Zach K said...

I think that scince the intestest in politicts are going up lately becase some people do not like how our country is being run. But, when people thought that our country was being won good they do not fell the need to pay attention. But, then 2 new canidates came and some people wanted to pay more attention. Then alot of people got intereswted because they do not like how Bush was running the country. And for the second graph I think is that more people are going away and need to vote early. Also I think that people are tired of the ads and want to get it over with. And for the people that plan onit could be leaning for it because they want to get ignorored by the pollsters and take a break from politics.

Kate D said...

What i see is that 21% have already voted. It says that theses voters are most likely to vote for Barack Obama then for John McCain. I also read that there was an equal number of black and white voters voting early. Even when they thought that black voters would be the majority of because Barack Obama is in the lead. It seems that older voters are voting early and show that they are voting for Barack Obama. This is odd because you would think that older people would support one of their own, but when they are giving Obama a bigger lead. I also see that the percentages of already voted is higher than the plan to vote before election day. What i think early voting will have on the election is that people will see who the early voters are voting for and they will quickly change their results. For exampled lets say you are a yankee fan and they are playing vs. the detroit tigers, and the Yankees are losing so you switch over to a tiger fan. You are changing your loyalties to the winning team. So that is what i think about the early voting how it will effect. I think that people should be able to vote early but for the vote not to be shown publicly. This is because people could see what they are voting and they might just vote based on who is winning in the polls.

Anonymous said...

In this graph I see that the alreday voted line is increasing the whole time. The plan to vote before election is going down. Early voting will not effect the election by much. Most precent of the people that vote ealry have made up their mind already. The precent that went down were the people that said they have made up their mind and were going to vote ealry, but eventually changed their minds. I don't think that voting early is a good idea. People should listen to what all parties and candidates have to say. Then make up their mind when election day realy comes. Be open minded until the time realy comes.

Will S said...

When I look at the second graph, I am surprised that a lot of people have already voted. I think this will lead to less people coming to the polls on Election Day. Since the amount of early voters have been increasing over the past weeks, I think that people find it easier to get to the polls early. People should be allowed because some people may not be able to get to the polls on Election Day. Since they vote early, at least they are voting because the more people that vote, the better. If I was 18 or older, I would be voting on actual election day not using an absentee ballot because I think it is more traditional. But if some poeple think that voting early is better it's fine...at least they are voting. We need all the people we can get!!!!

Tina L said...

In this graph I see That the number of voters that voted early, decreased over time rather than the number of voters that already voted increased over time. I personally think that everyone should vote at around the same time so that early voters would be able to make their complete and final decision rather than changing their mind after they elect. People who have already voted have got their crystal clear idea on who they want as president.I do think people should be able to vote early because of something happens and some people wouldn't be able to vote on election day. then they would be able to early.

vanessa w said...

The graph shows that most people do give thought in the election. But the most given thought was in the year 2008. I noticed that the number of people planning to vote before Election Day has gone up. I also saw that the people who had already voted the line had increased from October 19, to the 28. I don't think people should be able to vote early because what if they change there minds about the candidate the last second and they have no way to change there answer. But I think that it would be good to vote early if you strongly believe in you're candidate and you know that nothing will change you're mind.

James said...

For the people that voted early Obama has a 15% lead over McCain. For the people that vote at Election Day those numbers are much closer 48% for Obama and 45% for McCain. The people that are voting early are largely in part younger people. This is probably causing the high number of Obama voters. I believe that people should not be allowed to vote early unless absolutely necessary. If you must vote early than I believe that those numbers for who voted for what candidate should not be released until after the election. These numbers might cause people to vote for a different candidate because of who the other people voted for. I hope that people vote for who they think would make the best president for this great country of ours and not let anything influence that such as early voting.

Richie W. said...

I see that the number of people who already voted went up and the number of people who are voting on election day are going down at the same time. It is striking to me that only two thirds of registered voters are estimated to vote on election day. I think that there should be no early voting because people should vote on the same day for no confusion of ballots. Also people should use all of the time they need to think about who to vote for before election day. If you vote early, then realize that you want to vote for a different candidate, then your stuck with that choice. The reason why black and whites who already voted is proportionate in number, is because black and white people have a strong feeling of their choice which is kind of racist because they are not giving the other candidate a chance. I also see that more older people voted earlier than younger people. This is because the older people have a strong feeling who they are going to vote for earlier(which is probably McCain). It is a possibility that(in my opinion) the people who voted earlier just don't want to stand in line on election to vote. So instead of standing in line waiting, they are doing it quicker and easier somewhere else. I don't think this is good because voting is an important thing and time should be taken to vote and think about who your voting for in line. If you do it quick and easy, then that shows that you just want to get it over with and move on with having less time to make your final decision a strong one. This blog was posted by Richie W.

Billy H said...

I see that a majority of theses early voters are voting for Barack Obama. And what is surprising is that many of the early voters are of the elderly. This is surprising because many elderly people are voting for John McCain.I don't see any better way of dealing with absentee voting. And I don't see how it could effect the election. So I think we should keep this process. What if you really can't make it to the ballots? We would need this absentee voting, so that certain people can vote and contribute to their country.

Unknown said...

Early voters are supporting Obama by a big margin (15%). This is a big group of voters, 21% of all registered voters. If obama supporters see that he is ahead maybe they won't show up to vote thinking that he ha a big lead. If McCain supporters think that their votes are badly needed ,they might show up in big numbers. I think early voting is good but it might change election day turnout.

cornholio said...

I think its kind of random that we have early voteing. What is the point of it, why cant people just wait untill election day. I think the early voteing situation could completely change the election because the booths were rigged. When Oprah was voteing early and she chose obama it said "thank you for voteing for mcain". Although if people give the goverment a clear reason why they cant vote on election day they can mail the goverment who they voted for.

Unknown said...

I see that the more people there are that already voted, the less people plan plan to vote early. I tihnk it wil change the election, because it might tell people to vote for a different person if they see the results, and don't wantto be different. I don't think people should be aloud to vote early. I don't think they should be aloud to vote early, because then they don't have as long to think through their decision. Also they could regret their decision sfter they had already voted, because they didn't get to think as long.

Serena G said...

The first thing that caught my mind was that the graphs kept increasing over the years. Voting before the election is decreasing. Early voting will not effect the presidential election a great deal. My assumption is that the people who are voting early already made up their mind and dont want to wait. The percent that went down were the people that said they have made up their mind and were going to vote early but never did it is similar to the Bradley effect in the way of saying your going to do something bu you dont. In my opinion voting early isnt the best idea. People should listen to all the ideas and persuasive sayings before making the right or wrong decision. It is only a good idea to vote early if you positively sure on your candidate and nothing will influence ur choice.

Anonymous said...

i see that 21 percent of people are already voting. i also see that 21 percent of people are planning to vote before the election.in the dark green the amount goes up. in the light green it gradually falls. if people plan to vote before the election they wont realy vote at all. if people alreay voted they ould actually vote.

lucasG said...

These numbers show me that this year; the most attention is being paid to the election then ever before. This shows that this is a very important election. 92% of voters said that they had paid a lot of thought to this election. This suggests that there where be a high turnout in the election this year. Also, there were 11% of voters that claimed to be first time voters. That group was heavily swayed towards Obama. But in this group, the polls estimate that only 8% will actually vote. I think early voting will have a big effect on the election. Voting early is necessary for the people who are busy on Election Day. This makes sure that everybody has a say in the government.

katieb said...

early voting can lead to problems if people start to talk or the news shows tell us who is in the lead in their eyes. older people voting early? this is shocking? they go to the early bird specials don't they? The big problem is that only about 50% of the people old enough to vote. register and vote

katieb said...

early voting can lead to problems if people start to talk or the news shows tell us who is in the lead in their eyes. older people voting early? this is shocking? they go to the early bird specials don't they? The big problem is that only about 50% of the people old enough to vote. register and vote

Carne said...

It seems that in the last two elections there are almost the same percent of people that have thought about the election. But his year it has gone up 2%. On the other hand to plan to vote before election day has gone down. These polls say that Barack is winning. Black and white voters are proportionate in the reports since they already voted.Obama appears to have more voters going out to vote according to phone call sot citizens over 18 years old. But John McCain is only behind 7%. These are going to go up though in the next cople days.

Emily Svenningsen said...

What I see in the second graph, is that many people have already voted, even before the candidate's speeches haven't all been said. There were many people who planed to vote before the election day, and seem to decrease as the days go on. The people that already voted increases and the planning to vote people are decreasing because there are more people who already wanted to vote who have already voted. This means that the people that already voted aren't planning to vote before election day anymore because they already did. Another thing that I notied in thegraph, was that around Nocvember, there was more people who already voted. I think that this is so because more people want to get the election over with. Also there are more people who really want to rush there before the crowds start to jamm. I think that the people should be able to vote early because if we couldn't, then there would be a longer waiting time/lines for the people, and the people already have the information they need to make an informed decision about the candidates that are running. I also think that there are many people who have busy and tight schedules, who can't always vote on the day that was supposively planned. Another good reason for early voting is that many of the people might not vote because they don't alwas want to go to the polling booths that day, and actually vote. Another day when they're driving by, and just remembered to vote, would be the day that they would do it. This is wyh I think that early voting should be allowed.

Ben said...

I think that people should not be allowed to vote early. I do not think that it is fair because

Ben said...

In the graphs, many people have already voted, but the candidates haven't finished making their speeches. I think that people should not be allowed to vote early. It would not be fair because not everybody gets to vote early. And if they wanted to vote for the opposite candidate that they voted for, they can't. It would also make it easier because there wouldn't be so many people all at the voting boots at once. It might inspire people to vote because some people don't vote because of the long lines and long wait. If 1/3 of the people vote early then there would be a significant drop in waiting time. I still support everybody on the same day, election day.

OliverT said...

Most of the people that are voting early have already done so and they are doing this because they are passionate about who they are voting for. Most of the people that have not voted yet and want to vote on November 4th do so because they are unsure about whom they want to vote for. They are undecided and are waiting for more persuasion from either candidate. I don’t think that the early voting will really affect the November 4th vote. I think that most people are really solid in who they would want to vote for, so they will probably vote for the same person they would be voting for on November 4th, just two weeks earlier. So I think that early voting should be allowed. Most people wouldn’t change their vote in two weeks. Also, some people might not be able to vote on November 4th because they might be abroad. So with early voting, the people that know they will be in a different country on November 4th will get the chance to have their say in the government.

Anonymous said...

Ok first of this is 2nd time written this post be cause the dumb computer wouldn't let me log in and then when i tried to copy and paste it and now here i am AGAIN trying to write this thing at 10:45pm. And whoever said computers were smart useful things is so wrong I can't even start explaining how wrong you are.
Well here I go AGAIN!:

In this chart I can see that the majority of people who plan to vote before election day went down as the number of people who did actually vote before election day went up. I think that the number of early voters would effect the outcome of the election because those voters could of had a change of mind and swayed toward the other candidate instead that candidate would of lost one vote which could have been the vote that would elect him president.I don't think that people should be alloud to vote early because there is no reason for it, although I do think that regions of the country could vote at different times so that it wouldn't crash the computer system that tallies up all of the votes because te growing population in America could suddenly overload the memory of the computer which would cause the election to be re-sheceduled to antoher date.

Kelly Sullivan said...

Kelly Sullivan


I do not get this poll at all but i think that it means some people are voting early and other are voting on election day. I see that most people voted early but i dont see why they would do that because it would not count and not many people would be influnced by their vote.And also the candidates have not finished what they have to say to everyone so what if there favortie candidate just changes and they already voted.

Steve L said...

I think the poll is showing that the number of people voting early is going up and the number of people voting on election day is going down. I think that early voting can be bad because people may change their opinion. even though people may change their opinion i still think that they should be able to vote early because people may not be able to vote on election day.

Elliott said...

Personally I think that people should not be able to vote before election day. I mean is it fair for someone to go before the normal population? No. I suppose it doesn’t change the election that much, but still. I think we all have been in that situation were someone was bragging to you about something that they got to do before you, and I’m sure you would agree that it is quite an annoying thing. As I mentioned before, this voting before hand will not change the election. It is just one of those things that certain people will brag to you about. It is not something that is extremely important, it just is annoying. Also it is unfair, honestly, what gives certain people the privilege to vote before me? Yeah, nothing really.

BriannaG said...

I noticed that as the time went on and election day got closer more people voted early or decided they were going to vote early. At first only 28% had either already voted or were planning on voting early. However as election day got closer 33% of Americans had already voted or were planning on voting early. This shows that more people either are sure long before the election on who they are voting for or that there are more people who wont be able to get the the voting spot on election day but they still wanted to vote so they voted early. I think the effect this will have on the election is that more people would wouldn't have been able to vote now can vote early and still get their vote to count. I think people should be allowed to vote early because voting early would make sure that everyone who wants to vote can even if they wouldn't have been able to make it on election day. There will be shorter lines on election day and everyone would be able to vote. If you live in a densely populated place then the lines for voting might usually be really long but if 1/3 of the population already voted then the lines would be 33.3% shorter than usual this might also encourage more voters to come out and vote.

Tom Asc. rocks said...

I see that a lot of people have been voting before the election day. Each year it seems to increase. The number of people that plan to vote before the election goes down as the already voted people goes up. I think this might throw off the polls for the election. It might make people think a certain candidate might win. Every year early voting increases and not as many people vote on election day. I think early voting can be good but it can also screw up some things. I think their should be a certain weekend for people to vote so that it gives more time and lets more people be open on one of the weekend days to vote.

Anonymous said...

I think that early voting should be limited exclusively to elderly people and people who will not be able to vote on the voting day. It's not moraly rigth if someone votes for someone without hearing everything they have to say. But other than you not hearing all the facts before the actual election day. It supposobly does not matter though if you vote ahead of time.

Sean I. said...

Congrats Obama be the best damn president this country has ever seen GObama rules. This is Irwin or the Irwinator.

Anonymous said...

NADER IS DA BOOM SO TAKE THAT SEAN ASIFI:SDG

Sean I. said...

Well excuse me for living SirNader
don't you mean bomb