Check out the graphs on the link below (you can read the article but you don't need to). What do you notice in all of the data about people's opinions about race and this election? What do you think? How would you respond to some of the questions? Write a formal paragraph of 4+ or 8+ sentences (the best grade you can get for 4+ is a 'B'). Be sure that you use some information from the graphs in your writing.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/111817/Americans-See-Obama-Election-Race-Relations-Milestone.aspx
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
67 comments:
What I noticed was that 4 out of the 6 graphs had something to do with race. The other 2 had to with people’s reaction to the election. Just by looking at the topics of the graphs it shows you that the election this year involved race in it. I think that it doesn’t matter if the president is white or black. It shouldn’t matter because skin color doesn’t make anyone different from anyone else. I think the other graphs show the truth because most McCain supporters aren’t going to be too proud that their candidate didn’t get chosen. I would like to respond to graph #3, I think the relations between blacks and white will always have problems because they’re people out there how are racist and if they have children I would think that they would teach them to be racist too. This election defiantly should that race is starting to decrease thought, I think.
The first graph really caught my attention. Most black people really thought that Obama being elected was a huge thing. I do not happen to be black, but even if I was I wouldn’t think it was a huge accomplishment that America had a black president. I thought we were already over the issue....guess I was wrong. In the second graph, I also would have thought that McCain voters would have not thought race was a big deal either. If they thought it was so great that Obama was elected why didn’t they just vote for him in the first place? I pretty much agree with the other survey answers. To question 5 I would have answered proud, optimistic and excited, and that’s what most people said. :)
I noticed that most of the graphs were about the election and the others were about people's opinion. By look at the graphs it seened like people voting for Obama were most optomistic then McCain. I agree with what Kirby said. It does not matter if the president is white or black. It is more of how that person can deal with current issues and issues that may come up in the future. I think that the leation ship between white and black will be a problem but not neccisary forever. Sure people are racist in some parts of the country but it definettly has inproved since the 50s. It seems like most people think that Obama will make the country better(44%) and only about (3%) think Obama will make the country worse.
On the 3rd Graph I noticed that majority of the people said Black and Whites will no longer be a problem. Others had no oponion. Also 30% of the people said it will always be a problem. I think it's still a problem until now, and I think it still will be for a while.
On the 3rd Graph I noticed that majority of the people said Black and Whites will no longer be a problem. Others had no oponion. Also 30% of the people said it will always be a problem. I think it's still a problem until now, and I think it still will be for a while.
One thing that I notice that most of these questions was about if we think that discrimination against color will get better now that Barack Obama will be the president. Most of the people think that the discrimination will get better. I think that Obama will help with the discrimination but it may help or it may not help at all. Some people don’t like him winning the election so I am sure that they would just discriminate more or if the people like what Obama is doing for the U.s then they will not discriminate. If you asked me if I think that having him be the president will help I would say I think that it will help. If he is a good president then he will help the U.s with getting over discrimination. But then again if people do not like him as president then they will get even more discrimination. And some people wont even care about his color they will just care if he has good ideas about the economy and if he will help us.
71% of the voters think that Barack Obama being elected is one of the most inportant advances in the past 100 years or one of the two or three most important. Both Obama And McCain voters agree that Barack Obama Being elected in terms of progress for black in the united states is one of the most important progress 38% obama 27% McCain, 44% of obama supporters think that it is one of the most important progress 34% of McCain Agree. Obama supporters seem to have increased percentages in the positive side. McCain supporters are increased in the negative.
BY: KYLE BENNETT
i agree with the first part of the first paragrph. since obama became president i think that blscks will get more respect. and i think that over years america will be less racist and every one will be equal. when i looked at Mccain voters the magority said that black racism wasn't the most inportain. while obamas voters said that it was the most importain.
I notice that more Obama supporters think electing an African American President is a greater milestone than McCain supporters. I personally think this is an increible milestone. It is one of the, if not the most important advances in American history. I am proud of Obama's victory. 50 years ago, he wouldn't have been able to do anything, let alone being elected President. I think race relations will improve as a result of Obama's victory. However, race relations will not completley dissapear immediatley. I think they will in the future though. This milestone also proves anyone can grow up to do anything.
I noticed that the polls show that Obama becoming president is one of the 2 or 3 most importent advances for african americans. This is odd I would have think that Obama becoming president would have been the most importnent advancement for african americans. Just 40 years ago they couldn't even go to school or use the same resturants as white people instead they were hosed down by firemen. Now 40 years later Obama has become of the most insparational figures in America by both the africans and whites. Also the polls/graph show that with obama president the differneces between the blacks and the whites will be worked out by 67%// 3% of the people polled had no opinion// and 30% of the people polled sayed it would always be a problem. This graph truly seems acurate, theirs always are going to be people who want to end all the hate crimes and theirs always gonna be people who want to start the hate crimes, and then theirs just going to be people who really don't care they just want to live their lives out.
by:Ryan McQueen
It looks like the majority of the people think that it is one of the two or three most important advances. Alot of people thought that it is the most important advance in the last 100 years. Some of the people thought that it is important, but not amoung the most important. Only a small amount of people thought that it wasnt that important. I think that it is one or two or three most important advances because the U.S.A has never had a black president before. It is definetely one of the most important events to happen in a long time.
In the graphs i saw that alot of people think this election was very important for black people. The two selections that had the most votes were for the most important and within the three most important. This shows that alot of our nation think this is a big step of how our society works with racism. The other 15% and 10% thought that is wasnt important at all or thought it was alittle bit important but not one of the most important. Most of the people that thought it wasnt that important were most of john mcCains voters although some were for obama. Most of the votes that did think it was important were for obama. It shows how each parties voters within them agree with matters taht have to do with there favorite presidental nomonee.
Most people said that in terms of america electing a black president is one of the two or three most important advances at 38%. The next highest bar is the most important advance in the past 100 years at 33%. I think the graph is very belivable because I think more people would say one of the most important instead of The most important in 100 years. The thing that shocked me was that even McCain votes thought that a black president was a big deal. What also shocked me was that 67% of the people polled thought that the solution will eventually work out. Only 30% thought it will always be a problem. Most people think that with obama being president racism will be less of a problem. Next highest on the gragh was that racism will get a lot better.All in all I think america made a good choice with Obama as president.
I noticed that 2/3 of the graphs are about race. The other third was about what peoples reactions were to the election. In the graph that asked..."Do you think that relations between blacks and whites will always be a problem for the United states, or that a solution will eventually be worked out?" most people thought that the solution will eventually be worked out with 67%. I think race will always be in America, because there are people in the world who are racist and bring racist ideas to there parents, however I think after this election racism will decrease. I feel race does not decide who is a better person for president. I think it is good that we had a black man become president, we needed to show people that it doesn't mattter where you come form or what color skin you have. What matters is what they believe in and what they plan on doing for America. This is what I think.
First I noticed that the majority of people say that this is the 2nd or 3rd most important thing that has happened to show progress between our races. Personally I agree with that. But I also noticed 2/3 of the graphs were about race I think it is stupid of our entire country to judge our canidates by race and not ideas.But overall this proves to blacks across america that times have changed and we are all equal
I had noticed that there was four graps. There was three of them that had beeen affected by race. The one grph that had not been affected by race was about one forth of the graph was not affected by race. The graphs also show a change in America. That is meaning that America is becoming less racist. That means the president are not being elected because of their race. That means that the preidents aare being electied by what their issues and goals are for America. That is what information that i had pulled of the graphs from the website.
I noticed that some people have some serious issues to Obama being in the white house because of his race. Many McCain voters were pessimistic about Obama being president. That is just sad. Do I say that in every comment I post? Oh well. Anyway, some people are seriously racist. People don't think it is important that blacks get a better role in our society. That is mean. I think it is very important.
I notice in the data that alot of people felt that this was an important milestone in advancement. Personally I feel that Obama winning presidency will give us a greater respect from other countries, it’s also going to help improve racial differences. If I was polled on one of these questions I would have to say that I’m very excited about Obama being president. Also some of the people’s reactions to Obama winning were that they were either afraid or pessimistic, not cool.
I notice in the data that alot of people felt that this was an important milestone in advancement. Personally I feel that Obama winning presidency will give us a greater respect from other countries, it’s also going to help improve racial differences. If I was polled on one of these questions I would have to say that I’m very excited about Obama being president. Also some of the people’s reactions to Obama winning were that they were either afraid or pessimistic, not cool.
As Kirby did, I noticed that 4 of the graphs had to do with race and the other 2 had to do with peoples' reactions to the election. I also agree with Sydney in saying I may not be black but if I were, it really wouldn't matter to me because race shouldn't matter, and unfortunately to some people it does. Another thing I noticed it that people seem to think that a black man being president is one of the most important event in the country to 38% of Americans. Also, even some of the McCain voters think that the change to a black president would be one of the most important changes, but all of them don't think that for a good reason. Another thing that I noticed is that 67% of people think that the solution to the problem of the relations between blacks and whites will eventually be solved. This leaves 3% with no opinion about the subject, and also 30% saying that the relations will always be a problem. I think that either means that 30% of people are racist, or 30% of people just don't have any hope, or it could be a mix of both. The next chart that I looked at was talking about race relations, and whether they will get a lot better, a little better, no change, etc. The majority of this poll said that race relations will get a little bit better, which was 42%, but the minority of the people said that it would get a lot worse, which also means that some people who took this poll were against Barack Obama, or had another reason for their answer. In conclusion I think that race had a lot to do with the outcome of the presidency, even though it shouldn't, and like Emilg G. said...that is not cool.
One thing I learned about looking at these graphs is that sadly race is still a problem in our country. I could infer this because 30% of our population thinks that relations between black and whites will always be a problem. One thing that made me feel better was that almost 75% think that we will eventually work out a solution. I was very elated to see that more people are proud optimistic and elated than are afraid and pessimistic. On the question about whether you think our countries race relations will get better I would have answered a lot better. I think this because now people who might have previously felt like our country was prejudice now know that the majority of Americans either aren’t or put aside their feelings to make the choice for a African American president. This is also good because to other countries we don’t seem as racist anymore. Another thing that I found interesting was the part about if this was the most important advance. It cool to see that about 70 percent of people polled thought that this was the most or one of the most important advances for blacks in the United States. That is good because we must be making progress in trying to eliminate racism.
One thing I noticed on the graph is that the highest percentage is on one of the two or three most important advances. This is not the reaction I would expect. The reaction from me would be that this is the most important advance in the past 100 years. It is because having Obama a black president is making history!! That is an extreme progress in terms of minorities. I am not surprised that the McCain voters voted in the graph below the other one mostly on one of the most important or even an approximately large amount of people voted for not that important obviously because they do not want any progress with Obama period whatever it may be. It is a relief to hear the sentence "Americans have also become more strongly optomistic about the state of race relations in the United States. I would respond The most important advance in the past 100 years for the first graph. For the second graph I wouldvte for te most important advance.
One thing I noticed on the graph is that the highest percentage is on one of the two or three most important advances. This is not the reaction I would expect. The reaction from me would be that this is the most important advance in the past 100 years. It is because having Obama a black president is making history!! That is an extreme progress in terms of minorities. I am not surprised that the McCain voters voted in the graph below the other one mostly on one of the most important or even an approximately large amount of people voted for not that important obviously because they do not want any progress with Obama period whatever it may be. It is a relief to hear the sentence "Americans have also become more strongly optomistic about the state of race relations in the United States. I would respond The most important advance in the past 100 years for the first graph. For the second graph I wouldvte for te most important advance.
One thing I noticed on the graph is that the highest percentage is on one of the two or three most important advances. This is not the reaction I would expect. The reaction from me would be that this is the most important advance in the past 100 years. It is because having Obama a black president is making history!! That is an extreme progress in terms of minorities. I am not surprised that the McCain voters voted in the graph below the other one mostly on one of the most important or even an approximately large amount of people voted for not that important obviously because they do not want any progress with Obama period whatever it may be. It is a relief to hear the sentence "Americans have also become more strongly optomistic about the state of race relations in the United States. I would respond The most important advance in the past 100 years for the first graph. For the second graph I wouldvte for te most important advance.
One thing I noticed on the graph is that the highest percentage is on one of the two or three most important advances. This is not the reaction I would expect. The reaction from me would be that this is the most important advance in the past 100 years. It is because having Obama a black president is making history!! That is an extreme progress in terms of minorities. I am not surprised that the McCain voters voted in the graph below the other one mostly on one of the most important or even an approximately large amount of people voted for not that important obviously because they do not want any progress with Obama period whatever it may be. It is a relief to hear the sentence "Americans have also become more strongly optomistic about the state of race relations in the United States. I would respond The most important advance in the past 100 years for the first graph. For the second graph I wouldvte for te most important advance.
In the first graph it shows that 71 percent of the people think it is one the most important advances for black people in the last 100 years. I agree that it is one of the most important advances but i also think freeing the slaves and getting rid of segregation are important too. In the second graph more of Obama's voters thought it was one of the most important. things. I think that this might be because 97% of black people voted for Barack Obama. In the third Graph i see that 67% of the people think race relationship will get better. In the fourth graph most people think relationships will get better with Obama as president. I agree because having a black president can only help. in the last two graphs it shows most people are proud and excited and optimistic. It is not surprising that Obama voters are more excited then McCain voters.
After looking at these graphs, I noticed something. A lot of people think that this has been one of the most important advances in the past hundred years. 33% say this. Another 38% say that this has been one of the top advances out of three important topics since the past 100 years. 67% of the people say that the solution will be worked out between blacks and whites being racist towards each other. I hope it will get worked out, because there is no reason for people to be racist towards each other. If this amount of people keeps growing, there could be some serious issues. On another graph, it shows us that 67% of the people are happy and proud that Obama is the new president, and 72% of the people who were McCain voters are afraid. A much higher percentage on some more graphs show that people are happy that Obama won, and I agree.
I notice that I the graph titled how do you view Barack Obama’s election as president in terms of progress for blacks in the US? The calm with the most was labeled one of the two or three most important advances, with a percentage of 38% the others had 33%, 15% and 10%. In the next graph shows compares the voters for Obama and the voters for McCain. It shows that Obama has the calms of the most important advance and one of the most important, and McCain has the votes’ favor in important, but not one of the most important and not that important. The one of the most important was the one that got the highest percentage for Obama as 44%, the other categories got 38%, 12% and 6%. The category that McCain got the highest percentage was one of the most important as well as Obama, McCain’s percentage was 34%, the other categories got 27%, 23% and 14%. The third graph has the title do you think that relations between blacks and whites will always be a problem for the US, or that a solution will eventually be worked out? The categories always a problem, solution eventually worked out, and no opinion, contains the percentages of 30%, 67% and 3%. The category that contains that highest percentage is solution eventually worked out. This causes me to believe that there is a grater number of people out in the world to day that are willing to work out the racist problems that go on between blacks and whites. I think that it would be good if the third graph is worked out in the world to help get ride of racism. I’m not sure how I would respond to the fist two graphs but for the third one I would probably go for the category of solution eventually worked out.
I saw that mccain voters mostly said that barack obama becoming president is not that important. They probably think this because they dont know there history and only 40 years ago blacks and whites were still seperated and to have a black president is amazing considering the history of segregation. or the mccain voters are still sour that mccain lost and thats why they are saying this. I believe that most people only voted for Obama because of a protest vote and that if he sorts out the economy and gets us out of reccesion and deals with everything i dont think we would vote for him again because America is still a very racist country and that didn't show in this election but i think it will in future ones.
I notice that the majority of people think that Obama’s winning is one of the most important advances in terms of progress for blacks. I also notice that McCain voters are more negative about Obama’s election in terms of progress for blacks. 14% of McCain voters think that its not that important but only 6% of Obama voters think that, too. Also, 38% of Obama voters think it is the most important advance but only 27% of McCain voters think that, too. This shows that the McCain voters don’t think that Obama’s election is advancing in terms of progress for blacks as much as the Obama supporters do. Most people think that relations between blacks and whites have worked out and that due to Obama’s election, they will get a little better. The results of this election seem really good because 67% of people are proud and optimistic of Barack Obama becoming president and most are not pessimistic or afraid. 85% of Obama voters said they are optimistic but 60% of McCain voters are pessimistic. Overall, I notice that the outcome of this election is positive. Most people think that the election is good for the relations between blacks and whites and progress for blacks. Although, McCain voters are more pessimistic and more Obama voters think that the outcome is an advance in terms of race than McCain voters. If I was asked how important this election was for the advance between blacks and whites, I would say it is one of the two or three most important advances because Obama showed that a black leader can exist in the United States and the election results prove that our relationships between blacks and whites have come a long way because most of the country voted for Barack Obama.
What i first noticed was that people's opinions in this presidential race say that it is one of the most important advances for blacks in 100 years. This is because Barack Obama has become president. Over half of the McCain voters say that it is to! Also that Americans have become optimistic about race relationships. 67% of Americans say that a solution will eventually works out. I think so too. Why i think other people do is because after Obama's election of becoming president, people started to think that if America has a black president now that the relationships between blacks and whites will work out. I personally never thought that there still was a problem. With all the data i realized that 4 out of 6 charts were about race. This to me shows that the election this year was very concerned about race. All 4 say that the differences between blacks and whites are going to get better. For the first and second graphs i would agree that it is one of the two or three most important advances with blacks in the U.S. For the third graph i also agree that the solutions eventually will work out between blacks and whites and for the fourth one i think that race relations in the country will get a lot better.
When I first looked at the graphs I saw that in the first graph people thought that Obama becoming President would be a great advance for blacks. This does not surprise me, but was does surprise me is that more than half of McCain voters said the same thing. I also saw that many people are not afraid of Obama being president or even pessimist. I find this assuring and glad to know that people are both excited and proud that he has been elected. My response to question one would be: the most important advance in the past 100 years. For question two my answer is: One of the most important. My answer to question 3 is: solution eventually worked out. for question four I would say: get a lot better. My response to question 5 is: yes and Excited.I found these polls very interesting.
When i looked at the graph i saw that alot of people thought this would be a huge advance for the black population. this includes whites and blacks. But was suprising alot of the McCain voters thought the same thing. But alot of the McCain voters are also mad that McCain lost.
In the first graph I noticed that 33%of people said that the presidential race is one of the most important advances for blacks in 100 years. The McCain voters also agreed with this information as well. Which comes to no surprise for me since Obama is black. The second graph I noticed that the people's opinion on race and about the election is that 44% of Obama voters thought that it is only one of the most important terms in progress for the blacks in the U.S. But rarely any people said that it wasn't important. As I saw the third graph I was very pleased to see that 67% said solution eventfully worked out over the 30% who said the relations between lack and whit's will always be a problem. To the question of "Do you think that the relations between blacks and whites will always be a problem for the U.S, or that a solution will eventually be worked out?" I would go with the majority of the vote in agreeing that the solution will eventfully work out. In the fourth graph I noticed that people are turning toward race as getting a little better just because of the newly elected president Obama. I do agree with saying that but not because we have Obama because we have a new generation of people a kinder one with allot more people out there not wanting war but peace.
I think that most of these graphs were very pesimistic. For instance, the graph where "Do each of the following describe or not ddescribe your reaction to Barack Obama being our new elected president?" was asked, 64 and 72 % were pessimistic or afraid and did not describe. I don't think they described because they didn't have reasons, they just didn't like Barack. I don't know this for sure, but in my eyes, this election may have sparked up some racial consideration. Another graph was where "Do each of the following describe or not describe you reaction to Barack Obama being elected president?" was asked, (this is different though becuase it clearly marks that the lighter green are the McCain voters, not just un-described reason voters)and 95% were Obama supporters and proud, 32 were McCain supporters and proud, 93% of Obama voters were exited, 15 McCain voters were exited, 85% of Obama voters were Optimistic, 41 MCain voyters were optomistic, but now it changes, 7 % of Obama Voters were afraid, and 56 MCain voters were afraid. Why? Once again I am just assuming that they are afraid becuase they are McCain supporters and they don't have reasons. I really can't be sure, but I think that there may be a small amount of "racist dissapointment" from McCain voters or where-ever, but thats just me using numbers to back up my ideas.
I have realized that a majority of people were more excited about Obama. And that the people that voted for McCain were in lower amounts. Also that McCain seemed to be less important in the graphs [as in lower amounts]
I notice how alot of people think that this election was one of the most important presdedential ellections in the history of the united states. It also seems that many people think that haveing a black president will make America viewed better by other continents. And with the poll for "how do you think barack obama as president will change america for blacks". Obviously more obama people think that it matters then mcain people but suprisengly some mcain people are with obama people on this one.
Most people think that it's good that Barack Obama was elected. And that the relationship between blacks and whites will eventually work out. I think it's good that people are thinking postitve. It's extremely good that people like the president, and that now he's elected they think racism will not be as much of a problem. I would say that I am optimistic about Obama being elected. For the question, do you think race relations will get better or worse? I would say that they are going to get a lot better. And finally, for the first question I would say that this is one of the most important events for progess of blacks in the United States.
The first thing that I noticed when i saw these graphs was that all but 2 were about race. In my opinion, race really doesnt matter at all. People are all the same no matter what they look on the outside...they are still people. I noticed that in graph number 3 many people thought that there will soon be no problems between blacks and whites. In my opinin, there is always going to be a problem. I agree with Kirby that there are racist people out there and if they have kids they are going to teach their kids to be rascist too. Another thing I noticed was that in graph number 1 the people thought that just becasue Barack Obama gets to be the next president of the US then that means that there is going to be a big progress for blacks in the US. I dont know what to think about this graph. I think that having a black president may change some people's outlook on America but to me, race doesnt matter.
I noticed that most people beleive that Barack Obama's election was one of the 2 or 3 most imporntant advances for Blacks in the first graph. This does not suprise me because the fact that the first Aferican American presedent is a huge advance considering everything that has happened to Aferican American's in this contry. The last graph also was no suprise to me because i also beleive that relashions between Aferican American peple and white people will change and eventualy be worked out. The second graphs results are vey simular to the first graphs results.
Overall looking at this data i can see here are very different opinions on race and the turnout of the election. In the last graph for example, You can see race is a bid art in this election because most of the Obama supporters are either proud, excited, or optomistic. This says to me that most of the Obama supporters are happy that a black man elected president. However, more than half of the McCain supporterd polled for this question said they were either afraid or pessimistic. This shows me that the McCain supporters are not as happy or even mad that there is an African-American in the oval office. I for this question would respond optomistic, because I think that he will change the course of the American people's lives and have America be a better standered to all other countries in this world. On the first question, I was surprised, to see that 10% of the people polled said that having Barack Obama become the president-elect, not to be of importance. I think that this is odd because although this is opinion, it is a revalation to have a black man be the president. I think it is of great importance, to the African-American society, and it should be for all Americans. On this question I would have to vote that it is the one of the two or three of the most important advances for African-Americans ever. This is because to have the highest chair in our government to a black person is so amazing and wonderful for America, but I do not believe that it is the very most important.
By what i saw in these graphs, it seems that race is a big factor for some voters. There were only 2 graphs that were not really focused on race. The other 4 were. For example, in Graph 1, it shows that 33% of people say that if Obama is elected as president in terms of progress for blacks, it would be the most important advance in the past 100 years. But 15% of people say that it is important but not among the most important. So I think that this shows that race still is a big concern for most people. My response to that graph would have to be "one of the two or three most important advances." I would have to go with this answer because I do not really think it is the most important advance in 100 years, but it is a very imporantant advance. I found these polls quite interesting.
it seems that these graphs are saying that there has been a major decrease in racism. Also that getting rid of racism has been a major thing of change in the recent decades. More than 50% of the people polled believe that this is either one or the most important advancements in the last 100 years. But there are just about 10% that say it is not that important still. Obama's supporters think that this is very important. But McCain's still don't believe that it is not very important. Most of the pollers believe that the relations between blacks and whites will be worked out. 30% of the pollers believe that it will always be a problem though.
The polls show that people are very happy that Obama got elected. Proud, optimistic, and excited are the three words that describe how most people feel about Obama. For the McCain voters the words are pessimistic and afraid. Most people feel that Obama will bring a little bit of change for the better to race relations. The majority of people feel that the relationship between blacks and whites is one that will eventually go away. Although 30% of people feel that it is one that will not go away. Thirty eight percent of people feel that Obama being elected President is one of the most important advances for blacks in the U.S. while 30% of people feel that is it the most important advance for blacks in America. I do not care whether the president is black or white but the thing that I do care about is what they believe in not because they are black or white.
In graph 1, I saw that the majority of people thought that Obama being elected would be the most important advance in 100 years, or one of the two or three most important advances in progress for blacks in the U.S. I think that this is because many people think that having a black be the president, the most powerful job, will make giant advancements for blacks in America. In graph two, the same question was asked, but in this graph you can see how Obama supporters answered, and how McCain supporters answered. I can see that over half of Obama and McCain supporters answered yes to Obama being elected was the most important advancement, and Obama being elected was one of the most important advancements for blacks. The most people said yes for the latter. I do think that Obama being elected as president is a pretty big advancement for blacks in America. this is because, Obama being elected, shows that more and more people are accepting blacks, and having a black person be president, than views on blacks can be changed. In the next graph 67% of people said that relations between blacks and whites would eventually work out, and 30% said it would always be a problem. I think the 67% of people think that with a black president, he will work as much as he can to make better relations. I think that there will always be a problem, but if it were resolved, it would happen way in the future. Besides, Obama has some bigger issues to worry about right now, that doesn't include relations between blacks and whites. In the next graph the majority of people(42%) said that race relations would get a little better as a result of Obama being elected. i agree, I think that he will improve the image of a black person to many close minded people. In the last two graphs I saw that many people were proud and not afraid of Obama being president, but many McCain voters were pessimistic and afraid of Obama being president. I feel optimistic about Obama. He's bringing in some new ways, he's a breath of fresh air, some say. I'd like to see where he takes our country.
Most voters , even those who voted for McCain feel the election was one of the most important advances for blacks in last 100 years. On the future of race relations 67% feel that a solution will be worked out and 7 out of 10 believe that this will be a result of Obama's election. Overall 2/3 of Americans were proud and optimistc,about Obama being elected. More than half of those who voted for McCain are pessimistic about the new president. Almost all who voted for Obama are proud and excited while few McCain voters felt this way.
In the graphs, it shows that people think that race issues will get better because Obama is president. I agree with this. Also, the graphs show that people think that Obama getting elected as president showed progess for African Americans in the United States. I also agree with this graph. Another graph shows that Obama votes think that this election shows progess for African Americans. However, McCain voters do not think that there is as much progess in the U.S. Also, another graph states that most Americans think that race problems will eventually get worked out. The rest of Americans think that race will always be a problem. These graphs show how the US feels about race.
In the graphs, it shows that people think that race issues will get better because Obama is president. I agree with this. Also, the graphs show that people think that Obama getting elected as president showed progess for African Americans in the United States. I also agree with this graph. Another graph shows that Obama votes think that this election shows progess for African Americans. However, McCain voters do not think that there is as much progess in the U.S. Also, another graph states that most Americans think that race problems will eventually get worked out. The rest of Americans think that race will always be a problem. These graphs show how the US feels about race.
In the graphs, it shows that people think that race issues will get better because Obama is president. I agree with this. Also, the graphs show that people think that Obama getting elected as president showed progess for African Americans in the United States. I also agree with this graph. Another graph shows that Obama votes think that this election shows progess for African Americans. However, McCain voters do not think that there is as much progess in the U.S. Also, another graph states that most Americans think that race problems will eventually get worked out. The rest of Americans think that race will always be a problem. These graphs show how the US feels about race.
In the graphs, it shows that people think that race issues will get better because Obama is president. I agree with this. Also, the graphs show that people think that Obama getting elected as president showed progess for African Americans in the United States. I also agree with this graph. Another graph shows that Obama votes think that this election shows progess for African Americans. However, McCain voters do not think that there is as much progess in the U.S. Also, another graph states that most Americans think that race problems will eventually get worked out. The rest of Americans think that race will always be a problem. These graphs show how the US feels about race.
In the graphs, it shows that people think that race issues will get better because Obama is president. I agree with this. Also, the graphs show that people think that Obama getting elected as president showed progess for African Americans in the United States. I also agree with this graph. Another graph shows that Obama votes think that this election shows progess for African Americans. However, McCain voters do not think that there is as much progess in the U.S. Also, another graph states that most Americans think that race problems will eventually get worked out. The rest of Americans think that race will always be a problem. These graphs show how the US feels about race.
I noticed that 4 out of 6 graphs were about racial stats and the other 2 were about reactions of the voters. I also see that most people think that electing a black president is important. The people who said its not important, I think, are a bit mad because he won and they don't want to share it because of racial means. Another thing I noticed was that now that Obama's president whites and blacks will have a solution to their relationships. No matter what the question was, no matter if the answer would make sense or not. I would say: "Obama as president is a wonderful change, not only politically but, racially as well, and that will improve our nation in every way. Now that's what I would say. Every one who wanted McCain says that Obama will make our economy a lot worse, but really he'll make it a lot better. I think they just say that because they, too, are mad that Obama is president instead of McCain.
I noiticed on the graph that typically the McCain supporters didn't think that Obama's win had changed much in the way of race relationships or important advances in American history. Although, I saw the majority of people say that it would help and improve race relations, like how a greater percent of people said that a solution would eventually be worked out. Adding to that, on the fourth poll more people said that the race relations in the U.S. would get a little better. What shocked me was that people went as far as to say they were now afaid because Obama won, I was not for either of the candidates and that is still harsh because he has served America as senator and why should president be any different.
From the graphs, I can see that many people think that having a black president is a big advanced. I agree with this, because not too long ago there would be no chance of a black man winning the spot for the U.S president. I also see from another graph that 67% of people responded that conflict between blacks and whites will eventually be worked out. I think that there will always be problems between black/white relations, because prejudices will always exist. Some people will get mad at the opposite race when they here that someone from that racial group did something that they don't like, I.E robbing a bank or murdering someone.
I was surprised that only 28% of people thought that Obama would make the country allot better.
I noticed that 2/3 of the graphs were about race and and the other third was about peoples' reactions to the election. I think that the most important graph is the 3rd graph, "Do you think that relations between blacks and whites will always be a problem for the US, or that a solution will be eventually be worked out?" I think that racism will always be a controversy in the US because there will always be people who dislike people because they are different. However I do believe and hope that because of this election racism will decrease. I think that it is good that Barack Obama became president because people will start to see that it doesn't matter what color skin you have, everybody is the same.
I belive that Obama's election is one of the two or three most important advances in progress for blacks. The poll asks alot of white people about how black people feel. How does a McCain voter feel excited about Obama Being President.I was watching TV and Tiger Woods refered to Mr. Obama as multi racial maybe this is how he should be refered and maybe this would help to improve Race Relations.
I noticed that most of the voters (38%)thought that Barack Obama's election as president was one of the two ore three most important advances for blacks in the United States. 33% said that it was the number 1 most important advances in the past 100 years, 15% said it was important but not among the most important and only 10% of the voters said that Obama being elected president was not that important. I also noticed that more McCain voters thought it was not important or not one of the most important than Obama voters. Obama voters mostly thought it was one of or the most important progresses for blacks in the United States. 30% of voters said that the relations between blacks and whites will always be a problem for the United States while 67% said that a solution will eventually be worked out. I think that it will not always be a problem in the United States because you can see that as time went on in American history the blacks were treated better and better and I think having a black president will also help to work our the problem. As a result of the election 42% of voters said that race relations in this country would get a little better. 28% said it would get a lot better, 17% said it would not change, 7% said it would get a little worse and 3% said it would get a lot worse. I think that it will get a little better because I think that people will respect black people more if we have a black president. Another thing I noticed is that more McCain voters were afraid or pessimistic about Obama being elected president. Obama voters were mostly proud, excited or optimistic about Obama being elected president.
Overall, there is a very optimistic perception of the election. Most people surveyed said that they were optimistic, proud, and excited about the outcome of this election. This also means that most of the United States was probably voting for Barrack Obama. It was also interesting to see that most of the John McCain supporters were also very optimistic about the outcome. This suggests that race issues, after the election, are less important in both white and black voters. In most of the polls McCain and Obama supporters were not too negative about the election. I think that this probably makes some sense because the most important theme of this election was change from the current government, which both the candidates said they would make. I would probably answer the same to most of the questions as most of the surveyed people did. However, I think that I would say that this election was the most important advance in terms of race issues in the last 100 years. I think that it characterizes a turning point in history – with two thirds of Americans believing that this is a historic change, it is likely that we will see a different view of race in America from now on. Hopefully the economy will get back on track and we will improve the environment.
I noticed that of course people that voted for Obama are optomistic about his presidency, and most McCain voters are either pessimistic, or even more so Afraid...ALso, the Obama voters stated that this is either the most, or one of the most important advancement in the black history, whereas McCain Voters said the opposite because theyre pissed about the outcome, and are probably just voting for the lowest choice to express their anger, but they know deep down that it deffinetly is important....they know....Plus with Obama, everyone said the problem among blacks and whites would be worked out, and get a little better. Most voters are not afraid of Obama or pessimistic. and most people are excited, as am I.
----------------
(this part of my entry is just for you to think about real quick, i would appriciate it not be graded)
I read somewhere that in the book of the antichrist, a middle aged man of muslim decent will appear for 48 months and lead a group of people by his impressive linguistic skills, promising false hope and prosperity. Apparently once in command, he will destroy the world or something...
yeah, I dunno, maybe thats why McCain voters chose...well, McCain...because they were afraid? plus most of the McCain voters read the bible probably, cause sarah palin was all bent on god and everything, so thats probably why theyre afraid....
BYE MR CROFT
PEACE
Many people think this is one the most important events in racial history, not the most important. The second highest vote is for the most important thing in racial history. My opinion is that i think it is one of the most important thing in racial history in the passed hundred years. I would say that relations with black and whites will eventually be worked out. But if Obama is president i think race relations will get a little better. Most people are feeling Proud, Optimistic and excited about Obama being president. Also have noticed that the Obama voters feel Proud, Optimistic and excited. As for the McCain voters they feel pessimistic and afraid. I feel optimistic about Obama being elected president.
What i noticed before anything was that four out of the six graphs delt with race. Some people thought that Obama getting elected wouldn't help the black race. A majority of people think this is one of the most important events in history, but not the most important. The race relations 42% of people thought that the race relations would ony get a little better. 28% thought it would get a lot better. I think that Obama will do his best in running our country but it will take time.
What I noticed in the graphs is that 10% of people thought that having a a black president isn't much of a progress for blacks. Having a black president is a very important thing and great progress for blacks in the United States. 33% of people thought it was the most important advance in the past 100 years.I thought that its one of the two or three important advances in the United States.
From looking at this graph I can see that most people think that electing Barack Obama as our new elect president, has been either the first or second most important thing that has happened for African Americans. But there still is a tiny fraction of people who think it is not such a big deal for African Americans. Personally I think that this is certainly a step up for our culture and for African Americans alike. I defiantly think it is one of those things that will be talked about for generations. Just the fact that Barack Obama one both the Electoral Vote and the popular vote makes this election special. About 38% of people asked this question, in fact, thought that Barack Obama being elected president was a very important thing for African Americans. But there still is a fifteen percent that says electing Barack Obama was not the most important thing for African Americans. However I don’t see how anyone can think that this a minor Thing for African Americans.
americans think that the one two or three most advances is the most important progress for blacks. amaricans dont haye the blacks progreess but they dont love it either. for the second poll obama is winning in voters for the most important and one of the most important progress for blacks. mcCain is winning in voters for important but not the most important and not that important. the third poll tells alot abaot americans, that we are ready to talk aboat a problam and try to come up with a solutuion. 67% of americans believe that in the future white and blacks will have no problems with each other. unfutuantly 30% of americans say that white and blacks will always have a problem, and 3% have no opinion on the subject. more americans believe that race relationships will get a little better or a lot better. all of the graphs say that obama being elected as president are good thing none bad.
33% of Americans say that Barack Obama being elected was the most important advance in the past 100 years. Only 10% said it wansn't that important. 71% said it was the most important or one of the most important advances. 25% said it was not that important or was not among the most important things. Almost 3/4 of Americans said it was the most important or one of the most important advances. While only 1/4 said it was not that important and not among the most important. I think Obama being elected is huge because 100 years ago black people could not even vote but know we have a black president. I think this shows the world that America is not racist.
BY: Lilly F.
I notice that there is a huge gap between the percent of the first two and the last two. I think that this is interesting.... In answer to the third question I dont really know. I mean if asked I probaly would reply just right now in this instant I dont know what i would say...
My mom wants to comment. Never mind shes doing dishes.
I see that many of the people feel that Barack Obama is a good choice for helping change, and better in the U.S. not everyone thinks that it's the most important, probably because it is not as important as some other things that are going on in their heads. I also noticed that many of the people thought that the difference between race would be better now, then before. More of the people said that race could be solved than the people whi said it would always be a problem. I think that I would agree with what the people say. I think that there are more people who think that race will be better, and that we would all be equal. Most of the questions I would respond "yes", or "It's one of the most important." like I said, iI would go with the people's opinions, because what they polled for is what I would have answered.
Post a Comment