Sunday, May 23, 2010

President Obama's Approval Ratings

After 30 months in office recent polls show President Obama's approval/disapproval ratings about even: 47% of Americans think he's doing a good job and 47% of Americans think he's not doing a good job.
What do you think? Answer the following questions in complete sentences:
1. Do you think President Obama is doing a good job?
2. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being poor and 10 being excellent how would you rate the job President Obama is doing?
2. If you could vote and the election were held today would you vote for President Obama?
3. What is the most important problem President Obama should focus on: (expalin your choice in a well written paragraph)
  • Improving the economy so more people have jobs
  • Education
  • The Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
  • Crime
  • Illegal immigration
  • Drugs
  • National security

67 comments:

Zach N said...

My opinion about president Obama is that he could be doing a better job for our country, but that is only my opinion. How I would rate Obamas time in office would be a 2/10 because in my eyes he was not the pick of the lot. this question is very hard because I’m not a huge fan of Obama, therefore I do not think that I would vote for Obama I would vote for someone who had a better understanding in office, don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to say that I would only vote for someone of higher stature I would vote for the best guy for the job. the most important thing that obama should focus on is getting our troops out of the middle east, and there for focus on what is going on in our country and countries that have the potential of doing something disasters.

Anonymous said...

-14/10 for obama

jared p. said...☺☻☺☻☺ said...

I think he’s doing a bad job. On a scale from 1-10 he’s a 1. No I wouldn’t vote for him because I don’t like him at all. I think we should be focused on drugs because we’re trying to help other countries when we don’t have the money and our own country has a big problem… drugs!

Anonymous said...

2pac

Bryar G said...

I do not think Obama is doing a good job in office so far. On a scale from 1 to 10 I would rate Obama as a 2. If I could vote I would not vote for Obama, I would vote for somebody who has more experience in the world and has a better understadning in office. I think Obama should focus on The Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, because many families are suffering through loss of loved ones in the war and we should try to take out soilders to get this war to an end. Before Obama got elected president, he said he would take out troops of Iraq; I have not seen him do this. He took troops out of Iraq and placed them into Afghanistan, this isnt what the people want. They want their loved ones back. So I think that Obama should focus on this issue the most.

Austyn. F said...

I think Barack Obama is doing a good job maintaining our countries problems. I would rate Barack Obama a 7 out of 10. If the election for president was run today I wouldn’t honestly know who to vote because I know absoloutly nothing about politics. I think the main thing he should focus on is to eliminate unemployment because everyone deserves a fair well brought up life.

Wes Meeker said...

I think that president Obmama is doing a bad jog right know in this country. I think that hes doing a bad job because if were in w war we shouldnt be backing down and taking our men out. If I was to give him a rating from 10 being best and 1 being worst i would give him a 2. He needs to bring our econemy up before it gets to bad. If he should focus on anything i think that he should fucus on child affenders and city gangs. I think this because they cause alot of harm on alot of people.

Nick O said...

As always im always dissapointed about there even being a president. Its the same everytime, they say they will make the econemy better but i always know it will be the same everytime they just tell how they will change the future when they do absolutely nothing so no i do not think he is doing a very good job. If i really had to vote on a scale of 1-10 it would be a 0 because they never do anything but make mistakes. It would be very close but i would have to choose improving the econemy because so many people are out of jobs they cant afford anything so they are forced to live out on the streets begging for food thats just sad i blame the goverment they are worse than scum just pure greed for power. Worthless rats.

Sean Greene said...

Well im sorry to say I dont pay attetion to politics so I give obama a 5/5 to be fair.From what I have heard obama isnt doing terrible so I have nothin bad to say about him. I think obama should work on improving the economy sso more people have jobs so are country and stay out of eveery day troubles and mishaps.

Sean Greene said...

my bad i mean 5/10 haha

AJ said...

1. In my opinion President Obama is not a good president.

2. I rate President Obama as a 3 on the scale.

3. I would defenitely NOT vote for President Obama.

4. The Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, because he wants to send them back home but we still need people up the figting. Even though of course I would also want them back home but we need them up there.


Ya i dont listen to politics either so im not sure but I heard he is doing TERRIBLE. So i gave him a 3/10.

Kyle C said...

I personally believe that Obama is not as good as everyone thought he would be, he promised change and so far, i dont see much change. Right now i would probably give Obama a 3/10, also if i could vote i probably would not vote for him. i feel that he should be focuzed mostly the war in Afghanistan and Iraq. This war is a BIG problem simply because if we do not do something about this them we will end up having more NYC bombers and maybe some might be successful.

Eric d said...

Whell i for one thing that after 30 months in office recent polls show President Obama's approval and disapproval ratings about even: 47 persent of Americans think he's doing a good job and 47persent of Americans think he's not doing a good job... that is not what i had in mind i would have not voted for him if he did not give what i thought he'd do (so for now im gana weight and see if he is going to do something abuot it hope he can)

Rebekah G. said...

I personally don’t think that president Obama is doing a great job. I guess for the pressure and circumstances that is going on with the economy right now that he is handling it pretty well, but I personally don’t think that he’s doing that good a job. I would rate him with a 7, because I understand that it’s hard to be the president and it’s hard to help the economy right now because it’s so bad, but I do think that he could be doing better. I would not vote for Obama if I was old enough and if the election was today, I wouldn’t vote for him because he is a demarcate, and also because he has promised a lot of things and hasn’t really done them. I think Obama should be focusing on the economy right now, I think this because if the economy gets fixed and people have jobs, it would really help everything else that’s going on right now also, crime would probably go down, since people would actually have jobs again, the drug problem would go down, there would be more money for better education for children, and a lot of things would be better if the economy was better like it was.

Anonymous said...

Nick, what do you think we should do for a government?

Clara W said...

I think Obama is doing a pretty good job as president. I don’t really pay attention to politics either abut I still don’t think he’s doing a terrible job. I think he has tried to help solve issues, but it is hard when you have to get the other branches of government to agree with you. Besides, our country is not going through the best of times, which isn’t really one person’s fault, and it must be difficult to fix. On a scale of 1-10, I would give him a 7. He’s not perfect, but he’s trying. If I could vote in the elections, I might vote for Obama, but it depends on who he’s running against. It’s really difficult to decide what problem the government should focus on. This also makes it hard to be President. Different people disapprove of you no matter what issue you try to work on. I agree with Rebekah that if the economy gets better, than the other issues might get better too. In a way, all the problems are connected. For example, if the defense system was improved, more people might get jobs in defense related positions and the economy might improve. If I really had to pick one, I would say economy. If we can’t afford anything, how can we fix other issues?

Jordan W. said...

I think President Obama is doing an ok job and on a scale of 1-10 I give him about a 4.5-5. I don't think he's doing great because he hasn't done half the things that he says he's going to do and I don't see any change in America. I think that our democracy really doesn't work because the president is supposed to be one of the most powerful people in our country but nothing seems to ever get done. I think that i would elect somebody who would actually get things done because our system is so slow. I would not vote for Obama. I think that the most important things that President should focus on is Jobs and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I really don't understand with all the intelligence we have why we have eradicated these terrorists. I also don't understand why we got involved in this war in the first place. The country should be able to fend for itself instead of relying on countries like us and England to do the dirty work. Also after these issues are done to make more jobs in america i think it would be good to put like a impenetrable barrier around our borders so we don't have to deal with illegal immigrants taking over the jobs we should rightfully have. I think that our job in the war is finished and that Iraq and Afghanistan should figure things out for themselves and I think that our government is doing much about creating jobs.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think President Obama is doing an ok job and on a scale of 1-10 I give him about a 4.5-5. I don't think he's doing great because he hasn't done half the things that he says he's going to do and I don't see any change in America. I think that our democracy really doesn't work because the president is supposed to be one of the most powerful people in our country but nothing seems to ever get done. I think that i would elect somebody who would actually get things done because our system is so slow. I would not vote for Obama. I think that the most important things that President should focus on is Jobs and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I really don't understand with all the intelligence we have why we haven't eradicated these terrorists. I also don't understand why we got involved in this war in the first place. The country should be able to fend for itself instead of relying on countries like us and England to do the dirty work. Also after these issues are done to make more jobs in america i think it would be good to put like a impenetrable barrier around our borders so we don't have to deal with illegal immigrants taking over the jobs we should rightfully have. I think that our job in the war is finished and that Iraq and Afghanistan should figure things out for themselves and I think that our government isn't doing much about creating jobs.

aaron Laranetto 2PAC said...

I Think that barack Obama is doing an average job as the president of the USA. He needs to make more job in the coutry so it will pick up the economy and the. He also needs to do a better job of stopping the sale of illegal drugs in the United States especially to minors. Kids are starting to buy more drugs and are harming there brains and will effect the future. did you know that in this decade the sale of illegal srugs to minors has increased by 35%. The prsident has done a very good job of inproving the health care. as i'm sure you are aware the president signed a new health care plan. I would give the president so far a 5/10.

Bria N XD♥♥ said...

Well, i personally agree with Sean, Obama isnt really doing that bad. He just needs to work on the economy.. I'd give him an 8/10 because although im not into politics, from what i know, he's a pretty good president.

Tommy M. said...

I think that Obama is doing a good job considering the sate this country is in. It was very risky to come in as President during this recession. On a scale of 1-10, I would give him a 7. I say this because I think he has done well as a President, but has had some flaws…in my opinion. I think that this whole Health Care Bill was a mistake and I don’t think that he should’ve gone through with it. If there was another election today, I think I would vote for, maybe not easily, but I would. However, I would not vote for him knowing that this health care bill would be approved. I think Obama should mostly worry about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I think he should just stop waiting to catch the man responsible for 9/11 and be done with it. Then he can worry about other things.

Shaelyn R said...

I don’t really pay much attention to politics but I don’t think that Obama is doing a horrible job. I think he is doing ok considering the mess we were left in before he became president. I would give him a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. I know our economy isn’t that great right now but it takes time to fix it. It must be hard for one person to do that. Also there are a lot of people are against what he is doing which makes it even harder. I don’t think that there is one specific problem Obama should fix. The economy should be fixed so that more people can get jobs. I also really want the troops back home from Afghanistan and Iraq. But then again, as Clara said, no matter what people will be against what he is doing and will want something else to happen. So, Obama is just one man who is doing the best he can to fix this mess we were left in. If I could vote in the election I would vote for him depending on who else was running in the election. If it was the same as last time then yes.

Hannah R. said...

1. I think he's doing an ok job, I don't really pay attention to politics and that sort of stuff. But people have been saying that he really hasn't done anything to help us, other than the fact that he wants to stop the war.
2. I'd say he's a 5, I haven't heard anything really bad about what he's doing. But I haven't really heard anything great that he's done.
3. I think I would vote for him if he was in the election again. He seems to really want to help the US and everyday problems we're having.
4.The most important thing to focus on while being a president is the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. This is a big issue becuase the countries that are fighting in the wars are losing so much money and people everyday becuase we can't get over this stupid fight. Do we even know what we're still fighting about? If we get over these wars then we'd probably be a lot better off and we'd not be in so much debt. President Obama should really think things through if he sends more troops to these places.

Unknown said...

1.First off i like obama but he hasnt been doing a lot of things he said he would be doing but other than that i dotn pay much attetion to polotics.
2. i would rate obama an 7 because he makes a good point on his speeches and he looks like he wants to hepl this country.
3. yes i would vote for obama because its about time we had a black persident because it shows how far we have come from slavery
4. Obama should seriousley be concerned about our military because to many are dying over there. not trying to be a hippy but "cant we just all get along"??

alex k said...

If I were to rate president obama from 1-10 i would rate him at a 7, because he is great at being verry inspiring and powerfull when is comes to his speeches. Also lots of the probloms that are ging on now are because of Bush and Obama has to fix them. For example the oil spill. That never wouold of happend if Bush didnts legalize digging for oil threw the ocean.
But I donte think he is doing good at making the econamy better it even seems like it is getting worse and thats what I think he should consentrate the most on and try to make it better.

Amy D said...

Personally, I pay no attention what so ever to Obama and politics and other stuff like that. I really don't care. Well, if I had to chose whether he is doing a good job or not I would chose that he is doing a bad job. I would not vote for Obama because I did not want him in office in the first place. I guess the reason is that I am a Republican and that is what I have taken from my dad. I only really hear things, but I know nothing about it. I think he should focus on improving the economy so that more people have jobs because I don't want anything to affect me when I grow up. I want to be able to get a job easily and that would be hard with a bad economy. If Obama would help the economy that’s what he should do. He should also stop the wars because I don't like that people have family over there fighting. I don't have any family over there but I know people that do and it's very scary for them. I want the wars to end. That is just my opinion.

Amy D said...

I forgot to say that if I would rate him I would give him a 4/10. Ok then.

Cameron C-I said...

Just to clear this "misunderstsnding" up. The United States President Barack Obama is trying for the most part and if not all of it to stimulate the American Economy. Listen up! Even with all of his work trying his best it would and is still going to take several years before the economy completely turns itself around. As many of you stated you don't pay attention to poltics which is understandable (most children don't) so that is probably why you can't have good and solid supporting details. I think President Barack Obama is for the most part doing a great job. On a scale on 1 to 10 I would rate him a 9. Right now what the people want is healthcare; so if he is planning on being re-elected that's waht his major focus is going to have to be. I think the other most important thing to put money in is the environment. And yes if I voted today I would vote for Barack Obama.

DavidG said...

well i think that he is doing about an 8. because for one he dose make inspirering speeches. and two he could do jest a little bit more to hel the contry. the most important thing he could do is help the economy more.

Tristan M.... said...

I think Obama is doing a terrible job. On a scale from 1 to 10 i would have to give him a 1. I think he is an oblivious person, and should have never gotten elected. He should work on Illegal immigration and The war.The only reason i think he is doing so horrific is because he hasn't done anything to help us. I know he was put in a bad position with the economy, but ever since hes been the president we've been in a bigger hole. Thats my point and i dont care if people think im stupid.

Mike Yedowitz =P said...

I think that Obama is doing a fairly good job at being president. He has helped out our country alot. On a scale of 1-10 i think that he is doing a 6. this is because he has helped out our country and he is a great speaker. but he just isnt ready for this kind of power. i think that if the election was held again, then he would still be elected because many people like him. The most important thing he should focus on is the war. this is because there is a lot of pressure to bring in the soldiers. he should plan the attacks and bands of soldiers better.

Al. W said...

First off, I completely do follow politics, my family makes me, and so it's important to me. So far, I believe Obama is doing an admirable job considering the mess that we were in when Obama was elected. If I were to rate him, I'd give him a 7/10. I rate him this way because, 1: Our country certainly haven't gotten any worse, 2: Knock on wood, the future seems a little brighter. I was reading other comments with people giving him a "0/10" on a scale of 1/10, complaining about the economy. What they don't realize is, that it's not like Obama can just wave a magic wand and our economy will magically get better. It takes time, and with banks temporarily out of the gutter, we may have good couple of months. Also, the all I heard from the alternative candidate in the 2008 Presidential Election, was a call to cut pork barrel spending, when there is a lot more to the issue. If I could vote, it depends who the other candidate is, but I think Obama is a nice breath of fresh air.

Kim Valentine said...

I don't pay much attention to politics, so all I can say is that for what I know, President Obama is doing okay. I think if he were doing completely horrible, it would probably be more relevant to me and I would know more. And if he were doing an outstanding job, it would also be more relevant to me. I suppose he is doing a 5/10 job, since I really don't know much about what his plans are and what he is doing since he was elected. But, Obama has only been in office for a little over a year, to me he is just getting started. When the election comes around in 2012 and he decides not to re-run, he should have created a lasting effect and have set a good start for the next president coming to office.
I guess I would vote for Obama, but it also depends on who else is running for office.
The most important problem our president should focus on is the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I think these wars require a lot of money and once the wars are resolved, the president should focus on the economy.

Anonymous said...

OBAMA SUX!!!!

Nathan O ☺☻ said...

I think Obama is doing a crappy job as president. He is taking away our rights and is going to change the Constitution. He is turning the U.S. into a socialist country by bailing out all the companies. One thing that really annoys me is that he is most likely going to make guns illegal to posess. Shooting is one of my hobbies, and to take it away is against my right to bear arms. On my scale, Obama gets a -25.625/10. I would definitley NOT vote for Obama if it were election day because he's ruining the country. Obama should focus on getting the illegal immigrants out of America instead of providing healthcare and homes for them, and letting them vote. If they shouldn't be here, then they should get out. All Obama wants is extra votes in the next election. Obama is a terrible president.

Katie S. said...

I hate to be harsh, but I don't think he's doing all to well, either. So far, I might give him a four out of ten. I'm not really sure if I would vote for Obama if I could. I don't really know all of his views on every subject. My decision would have to be based on that sort of vital information. As for a problem he should focus on? I think National security is the biggest one. If the people of a country don't feel they're safe, that's not a good thing. I also think that, with all of the things going on in Korea, we should be careful there. I don't know if we are allies with South Korea(though I believe we are), and I don't know what that alliance entails. But if it's possible, I think we shouldn't be in there. Right now, with the trouble brewing, we can't really afford another war, and there isn't much support for the one we already are in.

Sarah N said...

I think Obama is doing an okay job. I don't think he's giving it his best effort but he is trying. Like Al W said, it's not like he can wave a magic wand and make everything better. I'd rate him a 5/10, because he should follow through on all the things he promised he would do. For example, he should focus on the war in Iraq and Afganistan. I know he has a lot to deal with right now but he hasn't really done much.

Josephine P said...

I don’t have a very good idea of how Obama should be running, but I don’t think that he is doing a terrible job. It would be pretty hard to come in a president with all the problems we have, economy, the wars, immigration, and so on. We haven’t gotten any worse, so from what I know, I would give him 6 out of 10. I think all the problems we have are serious, but the one that matters the most to many of us today is the economy. Many people have lost jobs and homes because of it, and if we can fix it, it would be a huge improvement to the USA. If there was another election, I don’t know who I would vote for. It would all depend on the other person running for office.

Chase D said...

I agree with Alex White. I say this because we were in a huge mess left behind by George W. Bush when Obama was elected. Obama has definitely improved the economy. Also, he created a health care bill. I could defiantly not do that. You people have to listen to fix the economy it will take some time it’s not going to happen in two or three years. I would give Obama a 7 or 8 out of ten. I say this for what he was handed he fixed a good chunk of it. I think Obama should focus on getting illegal drugs out of the country. I say this because my cousin died from over dosing on drugs. Also, drugs can and will tear families apart. I would vote for Obama if he ran again. This is what I had to say on the subject.

Melissa. S said...

I don't really know exactly what's going on with politics right now but I think that Obama is doing an ok job at being president. On a scale of 1-10,I would rate President Obama a 5 or 6. He is doing an average job. There are ALOT of issues that he should deal with right now, but it is understandable that one person can't do it all. If I could vote an the election was held today I don't think that I would vote for Obama. This is because I don't think that presidents should be re-elected unless they are doing a 10/10 job. As I said before, Obama isn't getting a 10/10 from me at least. I think that all of the problems that America is facing are important and deserve the Presidents attention but, the most important is the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I think this because we have so many soldiers dying out there and there really isn't a purpose. I don't think that America should even be involved in these wars. I think that obama should order the troops to stop fighting and to end the war. This war has been going on for too long and too many lives have been lost. Overall, I think that Obama is an ok President but needs to improve a little.

Kayley B said...

I don't pay a lot of attention to politics, but from what I hear from my dad is that President Obama is doing a terrible job and he is ruining our country. On a scale of 1- 10 I think I would give him a 2. He is probably trying his best, but not helping the U.S. very much. If I could vote I would not vote for him. I think the most important problem he should focus on is ending the wars in Iraq and Afganistan. This is because there are so many soldiers who leave their families for a long time and the wars have been going on for a long time. I also think illgal immigration is important because people should not be able to just come in our country. That is what I think about President Obama.

Dana W. (1) said...

For those who do not feel like reading this entire blog comment (my apologies), I give Obama a 7/10. You don’t have to read all of my reasons. They are all equally supported with PLENTY of Internet evidence! Brace yourself. The reasons are the following:

Obama has definitely split the country in half with this one question, and not all Democrats can agree that he’s done a good job. Then again, not all Republicans can say that he’s the wrong choice, either. Obama is definitely, without a doubt, no questions asked, making the world think twice about racism. Despite the fact that Obama’s black, he went against all odds and pulled off the most surprising election ever (possibly). It is definitely, as Al said, a breath of fresh air to find out that America has finally opened its eyes as a whole and voted for what’s right for the country. After all, Obama could possibly get us out of this mess.

For his efforts to clean up what… the previous presidents… have “accomplished”, *cough* I would give him an A+ for effort. HE HAS BEGUN THE WITHDRAWAL OF TROOPS FROM IRAQ. I don’t have any relatives or friends in Iraq, Iran, or Afghanistan, but my heart goes out to those who do. They must feel relieved that their “baby” might be coming home! I’m sure that everyone is happy about that! Imagine what would happen if none of the troops ever came home! This may make the world snap out of this pointless war and start realizing what really matters, such as family and friends. Since when are wars about killing innocent people who had nothing to do with Saddam Hussein’s plot of disaster?

This big, massive, HUMUNGOUS change deserves its own paragraph! =) Barack Obama has instituted enforcement for equal pay for women!! I’m practically shaking in my seat as I write that, because you males have no idea how long we have waited for this day of reven—I mean, equality. I know it’s only an enforcement, it’s not an amendment in the Constitution, but someday it will be! Just you wait! Women make more than men in several jobs such as science technician, teaching assistant, baker, director, executive manager, and dietician. No wonder more teachers are women than men!

Obama has also ended the previous stop-loss policy. This annoying policy kept military members in Iraq and Afghanistan from coming home on their scheduled date. As a result, the troops have a bigger chance of being killed, and can’t get home to their families. How unfair is that? Again, since this has been changed, mothers all over the country are in tears because they’re little boy (or girl) is coming home. Yay! Hopefully this will keep more families safe, and less in tears. “Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research.” That’s one accomplishment that Mrs. Barksdale would cheer for. In the past, people were arguing over creation, usage and destruction of human embryos. Some believed that these techniques may disrupt the DNA in the new stem cells, resulting in damaged and cancerous tissue. Barack Obama has recently eliminated the restriction. One improvement that has affected many schools across the country is the act to fund schools with high-speed, broadband Internet. Imagine if McCain had been elected. We might be currently using old, slow computers that have useless Internet! My blog comments would also be significantly shorter because of the fact that I couldn’t research theses answers! Thanks, Obama!

(continued)

Dana W. (2) said...

(continued from previous post)

Yeah, now I’ll start getting to the bad parts about Obama’s job. I know, I was on a roll. I have to get negative sometime. First of all, I am disappointed with the fact that Obama has done almost nothing to help the oil spill. This may be an exaggeration, but even with the economy, he could do better. For example, what’s going to happen to all of the fish, birds, etc. that are being suffocated in the oil? The EPA may be on top of it, but they need backup. There’s no one to do that except Obama! He must do SOMETHING about it, whether it’s enforcing a law that prevents these things from happening, or making sure everyone pitches in to help. Hey, it would knock off quite a few of our high school community service hours!

Now, getting to the second question. “If you could vote and the election was held today would you vote for President Obama?” It depends on the other candidates. As of the election of 2008, I would have voted for HILLARY CLINTON. If Hillary was elected, not only would she be the first female president, she could also pick up where Bill left off! Under President Clinton's leadership, almost 6 million new jobs were created in the first two years of his Administration. This was an average of 250,000 new jobs every month. If Hillary was president, she could team up with Bill and get the country out of this economic crisis.

Also, in 1994, the lowest combination of unemployment and inflation in twenty-five years was achieved. This would also affect the economy. More jobs would be created, and the economy would be on its way again! If only Hillary hadn’t dropped out of the election. I’m not saying that the same thing would happen with Hillary, but she definitely knows what she’s doing. She could also get us out of the war with Iraq and Afghanistan. I’m not guaranteeing anything, but she’s one tough lady. Even though she may not get troops out as fast as Obama, she would do it anyway! I’m not saying the Obama’s doing a bad job, I’m saying that Hillary would do just as well… My fantasy is over. Considering the fact that Hillary wouldn’t get elected because of her gender, I would still vote for Obama. McCain has too many friends (he addresses them all the time). He would get elected. =)

Ooh… this is a tricky question… one that deserves more than one paragraph. Obama should focus on all of these topics, so I will put them in order of importance (Top 3).

3. Drugs
Drugs are a big problem in the United States. They’re everywhere, from schools to innocent grocery stores. The prices of drugs should be increased, and the only person who can do that is Obama. After all, who else is going to succumb to the peer pressure of nicotine, as well as other Americans?
2. Improving the economy so people have more jobs
I don’t know who would stress this more. Once the economy is improved, more can be done to enforce the problems with the war and get rid of drugs. More people would have jobs, and everyone would be happy chappies. In addition, the price of oil might go down because someone could afford to pay for the ridiculous oil spill. One reason they haven’t fixed it yet is because they can’t afford it! Everything is like a stack of dominoes. You have to choose the right one to knock down, so everything else will fall into place.
1. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
The wars have been going on for seven years now, and it’s getting kind of old. I have a small hunch that the war is causing some of the economic crisis. Think about it. With all the money being spent on the war, of course the country is going to be broke. We don’t want to end up like Greece, do we? The entire country is kaput, and they’ve spent their way into a corner.

Okay, I am very sorry for writing so much, and trust me, it was all worth it. A good ILS assignment would be to summarize it. Keep it in mind! =) I shall pass out on the couch and watch Idol, for it is now 8:20 pm on Wednesday.

Sam I said...

I dont like Obama and i dont think that he is doinbg a good job. I think i would have to say 5 becuase if he really wanted to ge the troups out of Irack he could but i also no that it isnt an easy task to do. No i would not vote for presendent Obama. i think that he shoudl focuse on getting the sholdurs out of Irack becuase everyday someone could get killed there and never be able to see there family again i mean there are other things that are important but i think that that is the most important thing that he should focus on.

Dylan F said...

The Gross Domestic Product is up. Manufacturing numbers are up. The Stock Market is up. Unemployment has leveled off. GM and the banks are paying back their loans. Russia is once again agreeing to reduce nuclear stockpiles. Iraq for the most part is stabilized and American deaths are down. al Qaeda is in disarray. Afghanistan is starting to stabilize. President Obama is doing the best that he can do under the circumstances. He is working like a true politician - trying to fulfill his campaign promises. As to the health care package, it appears that the government has lost sight of what the health care reform was intended to do. The bill started out with the interest of those who could not afford insurance. However, it appears that the final package might not be able to achieve this goal. I would vote for President Obama if I could. President Obama should work more on the illegal immigration issues, It's just pathetic. Hundreds of illegals try to the border each week. This encourages drug trafficking too. Overall I believe President Obama deserves a 9/10.

Emily C. said...

Yes I think that President Obama is doing a great job in leading our country based on the bad situation we are in. When President Obama was elected there were and still are so many different problems going on such as improving the economy so more people have jobs, education, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, crime, illegal immigration, drugs, and national security. People are so harsh with how he is handling everything and I think people need to learn to be more patient and cut him some slack. Obama is not a miracle worker he is human and humans make mistakes. You can’t fix the kind of problems we have overnight. On a scale 1 to 10 I would give president Obama a 6. I would give him a 6 because I think he is trying his best doing a difficult job. If I could vote and the election was held today I would vote for President Obama. I have faith that he will try his best for this country and things will slowly improve. President Obama is a very smart man and even if it’s very small he will make a difference. You just have to give him a chance. I personally feel that the most important problem President Obama should work on is making sure that more people have jobs so that the economy will improve. If our economy collapses then we won’t be able to fix all the other problems. I believe that if more people had jobs than many of the other problems our country has will be easier to work out. We need to take one problem at a time. However, at this time there has been a terrible oil spill in the Gulf Of Mexico and right now, I feel that this should be # 1 on Obama’s list of priorities to fix before the environmental damage gets so bad that it is impossible for it to be fixed and before it is too late and there is nothing left to be fixed.

Ash D said...

I honestly don't think Obama is doing the greatest job. I mean, like Katie S said, I don't know his views on everything. If I could vote, I probably wouldn't vote for him, because he hasn't really followed through on things he promised. Like the economy has gotten even worse since he's been in office, but I wouldn't rate him a 0. I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, but I give him a 3/10. But like Al W said, he can't just wave a magic wand and POOF everything will be fixed and perfect. It'll take time, but everything has basically gotten worse since he was elected. I think the most important thing Obama should focus on is the National security, because if you don't feel safe in your own country, then that's not really the best thing. Like Katie S was saying, I don't really agree with US soldiers being over in South Korea. I mean, we can't really handle or afford,for that matter, another war. Nick, I think you were a little harsh :(. But that's just my opinion. So yeah, Obama needs to work on some stuff.

Anonymous said...

My opinion on how Barack Obama is doing in office is fantastic. I think he is running things smoothly, and a lot better than George Bush did. On a scale of 1-10, my rating would probably be a 9. I most definetly would vote for Barack Obama if an election was held today and I was able to vote. I think the most important problem Obama should focus on is education. Children should get the education they need in a less strict way. Some teachers can be very strict when they teach. Some students even drop out of school. I personally think President Barack Obama should encourage kids to stay in school and do the best theyu can. This is what I think about Barack Obama's accomplishments in the White House. He has definetly made a difference to Washington as President of the United States.

Summer M. said...

I think that he is not doing a good job, I think this because of his health care push, and his former associations with other radical social people. He is going around the world apologizing for his own wrong doings and blaming it on the Bush Administrations. I would give him a 1 because he's not doing anything to help the country in a positive way. I wouldn't vote for him because I don't like his policies and his liberal agenda. I would chose illegal immigration because they're coming illegally and taking all of our jobs and getting free health care while having anchor babies here.

Taylor White-TWHITE said...

He talks well, his speeches are great, but we will see what he has to offer when he is faced with a immediate crises. His turn will come and i hope and pray he will be a better president than JImmy Carter, who spoke well, but failed miserably as a President. With that said, I think he's been doing an alright job so far, and those who say he hasn't, I say this: I'd like to see those who are saying Obama is doing a bad job, take his position and clean up what was left behind in the time given. Keep in mind that in order to make something work, everything needs to be working. The mess that was left behind is like a hurricane and at tornado, and now Obama has to clean it up all by himself.

Sarah Williams! said...

President Obama…. No disrespect I understand that his job is really hard… but why are we wasting our time on him? He really isn’t doing much of anything!! All I seem to see him doing is dipping his toe in every pool he finds to see if the water is nice and then moving on to the next! Again I would like to say that I truly believe his job isn’t easy but really he seems to be more interested in getting his daughters to meet every celebrity they can rather than helping us. When he was running it was all about ‘change’ yeah…. Maybe for him things changed but hello I thought being President was more about the WE not the I. My rating all give him a…. 4/10….  that’s being generous! I know I’m a bit harsh but really where are we going! I am not seeing this change that we were once foretold! We are still in war, our economy is getting slightly better, and he needs to tell BP they are done (they are going to throw golf balls down there!!!! Like we want to kill even more animals!!!). Finally (yes I’m keeping is short this week!) if it weren’t obvious I would not vote for Obama! I just don’t think he quite realized the problems he would be getting himself into. Especially when he said he would be ending the war soon I was like yeah and while we’re at it let’s let the Taliban into the White House after all the war would be over! Obama wasn’t ready. Obama really just needs to focus on one thing at a time I don’t care what the war might be a nice thing though! If he really wants us to see ‘change’ how about ending the un-necessary dying that is happening overseas! Sorry if I sound harsh but the job he took on was hard… and underestimated on his part in my opinion.

RJ H. said...

I think Obama is doing a fairly well job. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give him a 7. I would probably elect him again because he is doing much better than Bush did. I think the most important thing Obama should focus on is the oil spill. It's killing tons of animals and is bad for us. It can hurt our earth. It also prevents us from doing activities and going on vacations in that area.

Tia M said...

I personally can not stand Barack Obama! I don't think that anything he said is true at all becuase he said the first thing he would do once he got elected was help the economy and like Tristan said all he has done is make it worse. If i had to rate him on a scale of 1-10 it would be a 0. I don't think he has done anything to help us at all. He should be focussing more on help the country as a hole than helping himself.

If we had an election today I would NOT vote for him. He doesn't deserve to be re-elected. He hasn't done anything for us and I asure you that if he is elected again (which is unlikely compared to his ratings) he would do nothing but RUIN our country; the little country we have left. They are trying to get rid of the AMERICAN FLAG!!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT STATEMENT?!?!?! Besides the fact that we are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! If you get rid of our flag, our SYMBOL of freedom; you will show that we don't believe in our country and what it stands for!

Honestly he shouldn't do anything; I say this becuase he will just make everything worse. If i had to pick it would be the illegal immigrants coming into our COUNRTY and taking away our jobs and NOT being DEPORTED!! I know that we live in a "free" country, but if you are here illegally then you should be deported and something should be done!

Anonymous said...

Biggie

Mairead R. said...

Honestly i hate Obama. I think he is doing a horrible job and he never should have been elected. On a scale of 1 to 10 he's a 1. If I could vote i wouldn't elect him, I wouldn't even consider it. He really should focus on improving the economy so people have jobs. Everything went down hill with the economy when he was elected and he has to fix it. Many of the people that I know have been laid off and it's not fair. They have lives and homes to pay for, they can't do that without money. If the economy is better it would fix a lot of problems in our country.

zo~zo freshhh (zoe[:) said...

I agree with Sarah, i do not think president Obama is doing a very good job. It doesnt really seem to me like he has been fixing our problems all too well. i would give him a 4/10 too. He really needs to step it up a notch. I'm not really sure if i would vote for him, i mean there most certainly is still time for him to redeem himslef. It really all depends on when the election is, how good of a presedent Obama is being at the time, and who hes running against. I think he needs to focus on getting our troops out of Korea. If a war does happen, that is NONE of our buisness. Who knows how big the war could be? If this war happens and turns out to be a big mess, than we could get ourselves into a lot of problems. We dont need anymore problems.

Alli Dr.Z said...

Personally, I don't think Obama is really doing anytyhing. But then again, I don' really pay attention to the news and stuuf. To me, I think Obama might be a 6 on the scale. On the news this morning I heard that he's making a law that no oil rigs can be established for months. Well, what's that going to now? We already have a big oil mess, so what's that law going to do now? Yes, I would vote for Obama if I could because I didn't like McCain ata all. I thought he was too old and not right for being President. It's a huge job to take on. i think Obama should focus on improving jobs. He needs to have jobs ready for the people so the economy can grow and be strong again. Right now that is the most improtant thing to me. Everyone seems like they're loosing their jobs and houses and nobody has money. It's almost like a second Depression.

Katie Rose :) said...

Do I think Obama is doing a good job? I do not think that the president is doing a good job. On a scale 1-10 I would give him a 1. One being the lowest, that’s how I would rate him. If the election was today, I would not vote for him. I think that illegal immigration is the most important issue because this leads to problems in education, economy, crime, and national security.

Mackenzie D. said...

I dont think that president obama is doing a good job because he doesnt really do much of anything. He seems like he does more things with his family like taking them to concerts then doing his job. I give him a 5/10 because I dont thing that he is making a change like he said he would. He said that he was going to help the economy but he hasn't changed anything. I think he needs to work on the economy right now because it's in this big, messy whole. I think everything else can wait at the moment. Overall he's doing a bit of a dandy job.

Anonymous said...

Peanut butter

Kaycee L. said...

Personally i dont think Obama is a very good president. If i were to rate him i would give him a 5/10. He is not doing pretty much any of the things he said he was going to. There is no change it America. For example he should focus on the war in Iraq and Afganistan like he said. Obama needs to "step up" as a president.

Conner F. said...

Conner sucks.

Mike L said...

I think Barack Obama is doing a good job. You got to give him credit for being the first African American President. A lot of people are not doing well with the economy, so they blame the president. The same thing happened with Bush. For me he rates 8 out of 10. If the election was happening right now, I would vote for him because he made the economy somewhat better. People are mad about the bank bailouts, but he prevented another depression. Also, he is a good speaker and is very smart. I think the issue that Barack Obama should spend most of his time on, is the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. This is because we have thousands of soldiers over there willing to lose their life for our country. He needs to figure out a way to end these wars. That would help the economy because the wars are costing us billions of dollars. I agree with Tommy M, and how the government needs to catch the terrorists who destroyed the twin towers. I know that Barack is doing a good job and he should keep it up.

Michael H said...

* In my opinion, I will over look at Obama's honest mistakes, He's still getting the hang of the whole 'president' thing - So he still has yet to learn.

*I Would rate Obama as a 6 on a scale from 1 to 10 Because like i said, He's still learning- But at least he's actually trying to fix issues that other presidents have started.

* I'm not sure, Obama is still learning and trying to make a change. but yet- he's taking more time then he would need to fix these issues.

*I think the most important issue to work on right now has to be economy- if we can't even fix our economy- do we have what it really takes to fix any other issue?

( I don't listen to Politics at all, but from what i've seen- i give Obama a 6/10)

Kelsey H.♥ said...

Personally, I couldn’t tell you how I think Obama is doing as our president. Our country isn’t in an awful amount of debt, we’re not all living on the streets, and we’re not a country that is doing deficiently. There are issues that our President could focus on to make our country a better place, but we could all say that for as long as we live, no matter who the President may be. I suppose Obama is doing a good job as our President, but who am I to judge, and what does my opinion really mean?

I can be a very secluded person at times, wrapped up in my own world, not wandering far the boundaries that I am comfortable with. I admit, I explore, but I don’t pay attention to everything in the outside world that is going on around me. I don’t really watch the news, and if I do, I’m too tired to actually remember anything that is reported. I don’t involve in politics that much, or ever really, so I’m sort of clueless when it comes to a subject such as this. Therefore, I cannot rate Obama on his performance if I don’t even pay attention to what he’s doing. I suppose I’d give him somewhere around a 5, not too bad, not too good. I don’t know his general performance, so I can’t give him an honest rating.

In seventh grade, we had an election throughout the school to vote for a President. At that time, I did vote for Obama. He was popular vote amongst my group of friends and at the time, I thought he’d make our country and possibly even the world a much better place to live. Now, I’m not too sure I’d vote for him. He hasn’t seemed to change our country that much, but I believe that he’s doing the best thing he can and trying to make a change.

The most important issue that I think Obama should focus on is the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I think that his choice comes almost naturally to me now when I answer questions like this as being influenced by a brother in the United States Army. There are thousands of troops willing to risk their life just to protect our country, so we can live our lives the way we do every day- free. There’s a sign that is in my brother’s room that says, “Land of the free because of the brave,” and I believe it’s true. I bet most people go on their day, forgetting that there are brave men and women God knows where fighting for us. But I know, I know that they’re there. I know that many of the troops having enough courage to enlist and join the military take their lives taken away. They know that they could very well be losing their lives, they don’t know when they’ll be able to tell their families they love them, to say goodbye. I wish Obama to focus on this problem, because I can hear the heartbeat of the mourning hearts that wish for soldiers to return home, and those heartbeats that have a dull, slow murmuring from the soldiers they know will never return.

I say, “Obama, please make our country even better, and please, bring and keep our troops at home. “

Taylor We. said...

I do think that President Obama is doing a good job as President because from the time he’s been in office, there hasn't be any big disputes over anything in the public. Also, he is helping out with fixing the economy. On the other hand i don't think he’s doing a good job. This is because he hasn't done much to help stop the was in Iraq which has made a lot of Americans unhappy. He also passed a health care bill that severely limits health care for all Americans.On a scale of 1-10 I would rate President Obama a 5. Like I said before there are some things that he’s doing that are really helping America but then there’s the other half of things that he’s doing that is hurting the country and making people dislike him. In the history books I think he will only go down as an ok just medium kind of President with nothing great to show for. I think that the most important issue that Obama should focus on right now is the wars going on in Afghanistan and Iraq. This is because this is the issue that is affecting most Americans weather it be that there is a family member or friend that is fighting over there, if they have lost someone dear to them, or if it just goes against their religion or beliefs. If Obama stops these wars and makes all right again, I believe that more Americans would start to like him. I think that Obama really needs to step up his act in order to gain more support.