The dictionary defines a hero as someone who fights for a cause or a man or woman distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength.
Joseph Campbell an author and teacher said, " A hero is someone who had given his or her life to something bigger than oneself."
Benjamin Disraeli, a British Prime Minister in the 1800's said. " The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example."
Ralph Waldo Emerson, an American author, said, "Each man is a hero to someone."
Norman Schwarzkopf, American general, said, "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men or women who goes into battle."
1. What is your definition of a hero?
2. Do you have a hero? Who is a hero to you?
3. Why is this person your hero?
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
69 comments:
My definition of a hero is somebody who fights for a cause and not just what they beleive; somebody who becomes a leader and not a follower, leaders are hard to come by and followers are omnipresent. My hero's are all the men that fight in the army to protect us from harm. These people are my hero's becase without them our country would be much different than it is now and probably alot worse. These are the people who give their lives everyday to help us back at home sleep at night. Personally, I think that these people are the highest honor of "Hero" that anybody could acheive.
My definition of a hero is someone who helps many people, or someone who does something that takes guts to do. For example; if someone is hurt in war back on the battle field, and someone else has the guts to go back and help him, then to me that person who went back is a hero. I myself have a few heroes, one is Sean Avery because he is one of the best players in hockey today, and he is also on my favorite team the New York Rangers. He is also one of my heroes because he is my favorite player of all time too.
What is a hero? I think everyone is a hero because to some people a certain "Hero" might not be a hero to other people. I have many heroes because many people do so much for me in life to keep me going. One of my heroes is Winston Mccall, vocalist for Parkway Drive because he was an average human being like everyone else with his friends, and metal music inspired him to create his own band with his friends. Later in life he started the most known and famous metal band across the world named Parkway Drive touring all over the world and making 100,000 dollars a day every day. He is one of my heroes because he inspires me to strive at becoming famous with my band, and shows that if one person wants to make something of themselves all they need to do is strive at it.
My definition of a hero is someone that dose something for somebody else. I have a hero and it is Miss. O’Neill. She always helps me and when I’m feeling down I get to go to the cafĂ©.
My own definition of a hero is a person who throws themself in front of an obstacle to save someones life such as a firefighter or a doctor. I do have hero but id rather not say who or what but i would be happy to discuss it to you. He is my hero because every push i make is all for him I will never fail him.
My deffinition of a hero is someone who is not afraid to stand up for something and that will do absoulutly anything just to help or save someone else. I my self have a hero; my hero happens to be my sister because she will do absoulutly anything for me if i need something and she will put me before herself. She is my hero because she never stays upset with me and she is willing to risk her life to save mine.
I think the definition of a hero is someone that does amazingly brave or good deeds or actions. An example heroes are the men and women who defend our country and Captain Sully who landed a plane on the East River saving everybody's lives on the plane. I think a hero is someone who should be remembered and honored for their amazing actions. I know somebody in the British Army (Richard C) who went of to fight in Iraq. He was a very brave person and is a hero because he is protecting his country and making the world a better place. If we had more people willing to make a sacrifice it would make this world a lot better. Richard is putting his life on the line so he can make a difference. People are born as heroes. They evolve into heroes based on their actions. This person is my hero because he is in the armed forces that protect our allies. -Jordan Walker
My definition of a hero who stands up for our country, and believes in America. Also they would have to beleive in everybody, no matter who they are. A hero should be proud of who they are and where they come from. I Think there are many hero's in this Country. For example, the soilders in the war are Hero's! They fight for America and keep us safe. They believe in who they are and what they have. Hero's are Important to our world!
My definition of a hero is someone who makes a difference in the world. A hero is someone who isn't rascist, or biast, or nasty. A hero will put his/her life at risk in order to save somemone or something if needed. But a hero doesn't necesarily have to risk his/life. A hero could deiscover a cure for cancer or anything to help someone. I think that a hero to me is Mia Farrow. I think that because first of all she is a brilliant actress. She is always an incredibly nice person who does so much for the world.
My definition of a hero is someone who fights for what they believe in and doesn't care what other people will say. A hero is not afraid to do something out of the ordinary and doesn't back down. I don't think I have a hero, there are many people who inspire me to do thins in my life. For example, teachers help you strive to do better in school. on tests. Also your parents can be heros becuase of the jobs they could have that inspire you to take after them. If I had to have a hero it would be my parents, because of the many things they do for me and everyone else. My mom does so many things for our schools, she participates in school (after and during) activities. My dad helps out for my brothers practices.
My definition if a hero is some one who makes a diffrence in the world. Some won who helps people and stands up for what they beileve in, and some one who cares about other people. For example Super Man was a hero becouse he would help other peolpe and pertect them and risk his life every day to protect his comunity. Thats my definition of a hero.
A hero for me is someone who dedicates their time to put it in to working on a powerful creation (ex: Haiti’s Earthquake, War, people that need help in their life to come back on track, etc.) I do not have a hero, yes people have done nice things for me or sometimes saved me from trouble or even help me through some times for now, my friends are my heroes - I don’t specifically have names, but my friends never seem to let me down, for now my friends are my heroes.
My definition of a hero is a person who spends their life doing good deeds and helping others in need. My hero is Tyra Banks because her life is meant to help other people. She helps children all the time and teenage girls and she all ways want to do good things. That is why she dose her show. She wants to change the definition of beauty so then ever person will have a reason to smile when they look in the mirror.
As the dictionary says, a hero is “a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.”
It can also mean “the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.” =)
Either way, heroes are the “good guys”, no doubt about it. The question is: what is the personal definition of a hero? Everyone will have different opinions. Some people might say that a hero is a person who gets good grades. Another might argue that Batman, Spiderman, and Superman are the only heroes. Yet another crowd might believe that the Jonas Brothers are everyone’s heroes! You know who you are. In my opinion, I’m not really sure what a hero is. It could be someone who sacrificed their life to save others and their country. It could also be someone who stands up for what they believe in, entices others to follow them, and avoid peer pressure, like Kyle C. said. There are too many definitions to count, but for me, a true hero would be a person who influences my life and guides me to my actions.
I must admit, there aren’t many people who follow these strict guidelines, but one of my heroes is J.K Rowling. Did you know that she submitted Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone for publication twelve times, and it was rejected? Thirteen is apparently a lucky number for her. This really teaches me to never give up when writing my own stories, even if someone doesn’t like them. There is always room for improvement.
More heroes of mine are probably all of the teachers that have ever provided my education. That may sound corny, but it’s true. Think about it. If it wasn’t for teachers, we wouldn’t have any doctors, lawyers, etc. Just to drive my point home, nothing like the IPad or computer would have been invented without teachers. Therefore, all of my teachers, from Preschool to Eighth Grade are my heroes. They have significantly changed my forever. That would make a GREAT graduation speech.
Last, my most treasured heroes are my parents and friends. Yeah, I sound like I’m about to move out of the country right now, but it’s also true. My parents and friends wouldn’t have formed my character the way it is now. Every great person had friends at one point in their life, even if it was for one hour! =)
To my a hero is someone who does something without thinking of themselves, without thinking of rewards. Someone who is willing to put themselves at risk for the sake of someone else. A hero to me is not Spiderman, but the passengers who stopped that one flight from reaching the buildings on 9/11. Not Superman, but the friend that jumps at the opportunity to help another person without question, without token of appreciation, but just to do it because it's the right thing to do. Personally my Herod are my parents. My parents haven helped me so much throughout my lifetime! They are so nurturing and caring, I truly believe there the best parents on the earth! I wouldn't be were I am right now without my parents.
A hero in my eyes is a person who does well for the world. No matter if it is small or big. Also a person someone looks for in a time of need .Right now I don’t have a hero in my life. But I also believe you can’t be your own hero. But I guess my dad could be my hero. Because every time I need help he is there. That is what a hero is in my eyes.
My defintion of a hero is someone who is simply themselves. No matter who they are someone looks up to them as a hero. In this i'd have to agree with Ralph Emerson.
Even when it coms to the bad guys, a natzi could look up to Hitler as a hero, a child to his/her mother or father. Everyone is a hero. Being rich or having superpowers like superman or saving 3,000 people may make you a hero but then people will only respect you because of that. A true hero is simply your average person. My hero is my parents. I look up to them for advice, comfort, explanations, discussions,care, food, Basically everything. But they are not my only heroes. All my teachers are heroes for teaching me the things I need to know and more, your everyday police officer is a hero for working to help other people, a firefighter is a hero because he pus his life on the line for everyone else's sake. These people probaly have families they want to return home to see, children. wives, husbands, etc. but they still do their job, even if it may include not coming home one day.
My definition of a hero is someone you can look up to. Someone is isn’t afraid to stand up for what is right and helps people. My hero is my mom. She is always there for me when I make my mistakes. She guides me to make the right decisions. She pushes me when I don’t want to do something but she knows it would be best for me, and she is usually right. She isn’t afraid to tell me when I am wrong, but she also lets me learn from my mistakes. That’s why she is my hero.
My definition of a hero is someone that does something for their community or contributes to the world in some way. Also, they are always there for someone and helps anyone in need. My heroes are all of my friends because the help me through my problems and they accept me for who I am and they don't criticize what I do. Although I said all of my friends are my heroes, one of them stands out the most to me. Kaycee has been my best friend for about two years now and she knows more about me than anyone else. For this reason, she's my hero. Plus, I don't really consider her my best friend, but more like a sister.
My definition for a hero is someone who contributes to the world in some way or another to make the world a better place. My hero is Tyra Banks. She devotes her life to make girls of all ages understand that they are beatiful in their own way. She wants to make sure that girls understand that they shouldnt change for anyone elses definition of beaty. By using her show she addresses different problems in the everyday life of men and woman alike. For instance she brought men and woman who were in abusive relationships on the show and talked about their issues. After that she got the people some help from counselors and other proffessional people who could help with their issues. That is why she is my hero.
I agree with Joesph Cambell and Norman Schwarzkopf. Joesph Cambell the author and teacher said, "A hero is someone who had given his or her life to something bigger than oneself." I think this quote means that a person is a hero when the sacrifice their life for something that they feel is more important or for something that needs to get done. The general supports this quote by saying "It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men or women who goes into battle." I agree with Dylan a perfect example of a hero are the people on the 9/11 flight headed to an unknown target. Even though they knew they were going to die and even with knowing all that they still risked their lives for the people in the target of destination and for our nation itself. Also a hero is someone who helps others in need without question and who thinks nothing of it after it’s done; they do it because it’s the right thing to do. People will always have different opinions on who or what qualifies someone as a hero but heroes are always the good guy, whether it’s your favorite basketball player, singer or even your parents. I don’t think there should be certain credentials that people have to have to qualify to be a hero. The people in my life that are my heroes are my parents. They have always been there for me whether it was when I first learned how to ride a bike or when I pushed my arms through a glass door. They have taught me everything I have needed to know whether it was personal or educational they have always been there for me without question.
My definition of a hero is someone who selflessly does something for someone else and makes a difference in their life. Heroes are hard to come by in my opinion even though I'm lucky enough to have several in my life. A hero in my life is my mom. She is always strong for me and my family no matter what situation we are in. She is always there to support me and help me make good decisions. She has made a difference in my life and I know will continue to do so. I hope to one day become a hero and role model for somebody else and make a difference in their life. I agree with Ralph Waldo Emerson and that "Each man is a hero to someone." I think that even though sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is really a hero, you just have to look deep enough to find it. My mom is my hero and one day I hope to return the favor.
I think that a hero is someone who gives up something for someone else. They are someone that you can look up to, because of what they have done. I agree with Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Each man is a hero to someone."Anyone can be a hero to anyone. A hero can give up their life for their country or for friends like the solider who jumps on the grenade to save everyone. My heroes are people who gave something up. My mom had to give birth to me, and now she and my dad have to raise me. That’s giving up a lot. I look up to people like Gandhi and Martin Luther King who gave everything to fight for their rights, but also to people who spend their lives working really hard to create things like the ipod.
My definition of a hero is a person who helps saves someone else's life or someone who does something positive to help people. A hero is also a person who is looked upon as an idol. Heroes are know to have lots of courage and strength in themselves. My hero is my mom because she is mentally strong and can go against any situation. She also teaches me life lessons and helps me through my own problems. Also, I know that i can always just go to her and talk to her whenever I need to. All of the men in this article that give a quote I agree with, but the one I agree with the most is Ralph Waldo Emerson. This is because people see different qualities in others that other people might not see or find. In conclusion, my hero is my mom and I hope that everyday I become someone else's hero too.
My definition of a hero is someone who helps another person out of the kindness of their heart, and not just for the rewards. A hero in my life would be my dad. If I ever need help on projects, advice or anything like that, my dad will help me. Like Ralph Waldo Emerson, an American author, said, "Each man is a hero to someone." My dad is my hero to me. He helps me so I can succeed or do better on something because he cares. He could easily just walk away. Another hero was Abe Lincoln. He was a hero because there were rumors that he knew about the plan to try to kill him, but he went to the play anyway to show that he cares for the country. He was also a hero because he was willing to stand up for things that he believed in, even though they weren’t popular, such as getting rid of slavery. From Abe to my dad, anyone can be a hero by being selfless, kind and fair.
My definition of a hero is a person who changes someone's life for the better. Especially by helping that person when their in need. A hero to me doesn't even need to see a gun or go to war, as long as they've helped someone else without expecting anything in return. My grandfather was and always will be my hero. He spent his life doing what he loved, and that has lead me to want just that. He lived his life to the fullest, achieving his dream before passing away a few months after. "Each man is a hero to someone," well, he wasn't only my hero. My grandfather was the father figure in my life and the life of my brother. If it weren't for our grandfather, neither of us would be who we are today.
I agree with the three quotes, but I have a different definition of a hero. My definition of a hero is someone who does things for other people because its the right thing to do not because they want something for it. Heros are not greedy or selfish. They do not have one doubt in their mind that helping someone in need is the right thing to do. Heros do not have to be famous or do huge things for a whole country or nation like the victims of 9/11. They can be someone who is just a nice person who helps around in a small town. A hero is a person who maybe isnt thinking that they will be famous if they do something nice, they just want to make someone's life easier. A hero is someone who makes an impact on someone elses life. An example of a hero is Rachel Scott. She didnt necessarily want to be famous, she just wanted to be nice and to help as many people as she can. I have two heros. They are my parents. They might not be making a change in the world because of their kind acts but they are always there for me. They help me with alot and they have a huge impact on my life.
My definition of a hero is a person who sacrifices their own life for someone elses', and not thinking anything of it. I agree with
what i think the defenition of hero is ,is someone how think of someone else other than themselves and help them. like a poleice man or a fire fighter.not like the people who have super powers. some time it can take little thing to be a hero to everyone.
My definition of a hero is someone that does something for their community or contributes to the world in some way. My hero's are my friends because te=hey accept me for who i am. They help me through everything and never let me down. A specific one is Sam P. because she's liike my sister. She knows mostly EVERYTHING about me, and im so lucky to have her in my life.
To me, the definition of a hero is someone who sacrifices their own life for someone else, regarded the consequence. I also strongly agree with Joseph Campell and Norman Schwarzkopf. Campell believes that "A here is someone who had given his or her life to something bigger than oneself." Schwarzkopf says, "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men or women who goes into battle." I think that this quote is saying that men who serve in the war have a great sense of pride. They are sacrificing their own life for their country, which in my mind is very heroic. Heroes risk their own life to make another's a top priority.
But, I couldn't agree more with Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Each man is a hero to someone." This is saying that even the littlest thing, or random act of kindness could make you a hero. Hero doesn't mean your name should be in the headlines of the newspaper, it should mean that you helped out someone else from the kindness of your heart.
If anyone, my hero would be my parents or my best friend. No matter what they are there for me and I can talk to each of them about anything. They give the best advice and support in hard times of my life.
I think a hero is someone that saves lives in one way or another. I believe that heroes are also people with good consciences and always do the right thing. I have many heroes. Some of my heroes are all the brave men and women that are fighting, or have fought in Iraq or previous wars. They're all fighting for a greater cause than themselves and are risking their lives for our freedom. They are my heroes because they are all very selfless and courageous. I hope that everyone could be like them.
First of all the person I most agree with would be Joseph Campbell because he's saying that if you're a hero you somewhat devote your life to helping another person,even if it means giving up something for yourself. My definition of a hero is someone that is willing to give things up for other people, and also to be a person that people can want to admire and be like. My hero is Taylor Swift, she is my hero because I look up to her and want to be like her. She has gotten famous in very little time and has already achieved many awards and has sold more records than people that have been singing/ song writing for many more years than her. I also look up to her because no matter what the press says about her she always keeps her head high and moves forward. Taylor Swift is also a great musician that I wish to some day become like her. I also hope to be a hero to someone whether it makes a big impact on their life or not. Too be a hero to someone is a goal I think everyone should try to achieve throughout their life.
My definition for a hero is someone who is selfless. A hero is someone who puts them self aside for the good of others. There are many heroes in the world. I also agree with Joseph Campbell. I believe everyone has a little hero in them. I may be a hero to someone. It’s a huge accomplishment to be a hero. I agree with Summer. I say this because I to believe everyone should try to achieve throughout their life. My parents and family is a hero to me because they always do what’s best for me. I am very grateful about that. My definition for a hero is someone who is selfless. A hero is someone who puts them self aside for the good of others. There are many heroes in the world. I also agree with Joseph Campbell. I believe everyone has a little hero in them. I may be a hero to someone. It’s a huge accomplishment to be a hero. I agree with Summer. I say this because I to believe everyone should try to achieve throughout their life. My parents and family is a hero to me because they always do what’s best for me. I am very grateful about that.
I did that upper one twice by accident sorry Mr. Wagner
My definition of a hero is a person who has or had to struggle over something or who helps someone.I don't really have a designated hero, but I consider many people to be heroes, even if they didn't stop a terrorist, or crash a plane in the Hudson.An example of a hero to me could be a doctor, he saves people everyday and doesn't get media coverage or parade.
My definition of a hero is someone who helps another person because he/ she wants to and doesn't want anything in return for it. I also think a hero is someone who is couragegous. I agree with all the quotes and the definition of a hero. I especially agree with the quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson that each man is a hero to someone. I think this is a good quote because I believe it is true. I think that even if you don't think you have done anything to make you a hero, someone still looks up to you as a rolemodel and that can make you a hero to that person. My parents are my heroes because they work hard and help me things like my homework and don't ask for anything in return. I also think the people in the army are heroes because they are fighting for our country and are very courageous.
Hmmm...I guess my definition of a hero is someone who stands up for other people (or someone else) no matter what. And also a person who would go to any length to protect their friends, whether it be physically protecting them or emotionally. My hero(s) are my friends, they're basically the best people in my life and I know that I always have them if I need anything. They always have my back, and they know pretty much everything about me. I'm really lucky to have them as my friends, and I think they're my heroes because I know they'll always have my back.
I definitely agree with all the quotes, but there is no one definition of a hero because everyone has their own definition. My definition is someone who does the right thing no matter how large or small, doesn’t expect a reward and influences someone to follow their example. I disagree and agree when John Campbell when he says that someone has to give his or her life to something bigger than themselves. It doesn’t matter how small of a thing they do. However, if you always try to do the right thing, you are giving your life to kindness. I also agree with Ralph Waldo Emerson when he says, “Each man is a hero to someone.” No matter how evil anyone is, they must have done something good for someone. I have many heroes. Almost everyone I know has influenced me to try and do better and therefore are all heroes.
I definitely agree with all the quotes, but there is no one definition of a hero because everyone has their own definition. My definition is someone who does the right thing no matter how large or small, doesn’t expect a reward and influences someone to follow their example. I disagree and agree when John Campbell when he says that someone has to give his or her life to something bigger than themselves. It doesn’t matter how small of a thing they do. However, if you always try to do the right thing, you are giving your life to kindness. I also agree with Ralph Waldo Emerson when he says, “Each man is a hero to someone.” No matter how evil anyone is, they must have done something good for someone. I have many heroes. Almost everyone I know has influenced me to try and do better and therefore are all heroes.
I definitely agree with all the quotes, but there is no one definition of a hero because everyone has their own definition. My definition is someone who does the right thing no matter how large or small, doesn’t expect a reward and influences someone to follow their example. I disagree and agree when John Campbell when he says that someone has to give his or her life to something bigger than themselves. It doesn’t matter how small of a thing they do. However, if you always try to do the right thing, you are giving your life to kindness. I also agree with Ralph Waldo Emerson when he says, “Each man is a hero to someone.” No matter how evil anyone is, they must have done something good for someone. I have many heroes. Almost everyone I know has influenced me to try and do better and therefore are all heroes.
This is an interesting one. I don't think that to be a hero, you have to devote your life to something, it can be one act. To me there are acts of heroism, some people have hade more than others. I don't think you can define a person's character by a single event, good or bad. I'm sure everyone has had some sort of act or heroism, big or small. Heroes to me are my parents for conceiving me(ha), all my friends have commited acts of heroism, and people who do any sort of serive to the community are defintely heroes.
I think we should totally change the definition of hero due to using it when it’s not necessary. My definition of a hero is someone who does the impossible while putting their life on the line while saving another, or someone who dies while serving for his country. I really don’t have a hero that matches my definition, but my mom is my hero in the dictionary’s definition because she works a 50 hour week, tries to help me and my brothers with work, and brings us were we need to go.
My definition of a hero is someone who admits to their own mistakes and who doesn't lie to save themselves. I also believe that a true hero is comfortable in their own skin and doesn't try to be something they're not.Heroes should also stand up for what they believe in. Heroes should also be trustworthy. My hero(s) are my friends. They're always there for me and I know that I can trust them. Plus they are all very comfortable in their own skin. I am very lucky to have them.
My definition of a hero is someone who helps other people by putting their lives on the line to help them.I agree with joseph Campbell an author and teacher said," said A hero is someone who had given his or her life to someone bigger than oneself." I agree with this statement because a hero has to earn the respect from someone by helping them out in someway. I also agree with Norman Schwarkopf, American General, said, " It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men or women who goes into battle." I also agree with this statement because a hero has bravery and courage. It is easy to tell someone to do something but sometimes it's much harder to do something then say it.
I don't have a hero because I have never really needed one in life yet. A hero to me is someone who puts other people before themselves. A hero is someone who isn't selfish and doesn't always just think about themselves.
Well like a few of my classmates have said… my definition of a hero will be different from a person sitting next to me. This is for many reasons one being people you look up to. Like the quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson,” each man is a hero to someone.” So to someone who feels that Babe Ruth is a hero their definition might be different to someone who feels that a solider is a hero (soldiers are heroes!!). Now I might be a tad bias with my definition (part of being raised by a fireman) but it is quite similar to that of the first quote. To me a hero is a selfless person, someone who doesn’t focus on their interests but others’. An example of this would be a fireman for they are some of the greatest people you could meet. I often think to myself how do these men and women go to their job knowing they might not be driving home. Now these quotes are true in some ways however I don’t feel that the second one is an example of heroism at all. In fact if I were to read just the quote without the name and title I would be able to tell you that it came straight out of a monarchy breed mouth. All I hear when reading that quote is that a hero should be someone who has a famous name and left a legacy to follow after. When really heroes are those faceless names and nameless faces that we hear are losing lives for the selfish people that are most of us. Again I will reinstate that I am bias but it’s not my fault we all have different opinions to respect. So I will also say again that my definition of a hero is basically very in tune with that of Mr. Campbell. A hero is someone who doesn’t focus on their best interests but others’. Heroes are average humans who don’t need a fancy title because they don’t care if they get mentioned anywhere for what they did…they only care about helping people. Maybe if more of us got the courage to not follow the in crowd and decided to help other and be a hero we could finally get that idea of world peace that all the ‘Miss USA’ contests ramble on about.
Well I have many ‘heroes’… some are people who inspire me like the Jonas Brothers, Jackie Kennedy, etc. However I don’t and never will confuse these heroes with the real deal. Now those that land in the real heroes column would be firemen (and women), policemen (and women), soldiers, EMTs, etc. Those that put their safety and their lives and their… everything on the line for people that they might not even know are the real heroes. Why do they do this? The reason is that they are true heroes they don’t care if their name is on the five o’clock news or in Sunday’s paper… No they care about those that need their help. Born and raised heroes is what this world needs not spoiled politicians and robot pop stars (contrary to my love for said pop stars I wouldn’t care if I never saw one of them again if that means that no real hero was EVER hurt again). It shouldn’t happen that way (no hero should get hurt or killed) but it does and only because God knows when He needs an angel …a hero….and when this time comes he knows who He can call on without receiving a ‘five more minutes, please’).
Really I do have many heroes…. But they aren’t all ‘heroes’ some are role models… and while I do respect people who say their hero is an author or basketball player. I have different requirements for someone to be my hero instead of a role model. A hero has to be someone of close to perfect character in a sense. So when I say my dad is a huge hero of mine I can really say that he is a hero. He works for the Danbury Fire Department as an Assistant Chief. I am his extremely proud daughter. While I am quite grateful to say that he has never had to save my life he has saved many other lives. Even if my dad had never saved any one I would still call him a hero because he is a selfless person and he seldom thinks about himself when it comes to helping others. He helped me ride a bike it took 3 days but he never got frustrated. He was there to help me when I screwed up on a project at midnight. He is the one that got on a bus to go straight back to Animal Kingdom when I was 7 because I forgot my Minnie Mouse cheerleader outfit in the rush to see Timon and Pumba first. So I feel that while no one is a Superman flying around in tights and capes. If we look deep enough at those who help we can always find the heart that lies beneath the shell.
If I am coming off as harsh… I can’t say I’m sorry. I just am so tired of seeing people like Justin Bieber coming off as a hero because thousands of girls think he’s cute. When really people like him steal the spotlight from those that really do deserve a standing ovation. In the end I respect the opinions others might have for who their hero is. I just happen to feel that everyone can be a hero it’s whether or not you choose to that makes all the difference.
*Sorry I couldn't fit it in one comment.....again!
My idea of a (HERO)is some great warrior ...or a soldier at least fighting in the war (WW1,WW2)all people who phought and do risk's for the good of the world we nead good people like that and we still do and we are ready for anything with thes hero in America (Ps for #2,#3 no hero inparticular).
My definition of a hero is someone who does the right thing no matter what, and always goes out of their way to helo someone and accomplishes good, well-set goals. My older brother is pretty much my hero because he works really hard to achieve things for himself and always tries to set a good example. He is in the national Guard and the Infantry and has been to Aphghanistan twice. He works really hard to make things better for everyone, despite how it might affect him; i feel that he is truely a hero and I have a great deal of respect for him.
The definition of a hero to me is someone who helps people out of the good in their heart. If they do it for fame and fortune then i don't think they are a hero becuase they don't deserve it. If you are in the war you are a hero because you are fighting to protect the country. I think if you are risking your life for your country, people you don't even KNOW, then you are a hero. People die trying to fight for our country. I think these people are big heros because they risked their lives, and lost them for the sake of our saftey. Also their are heroins who are girl heros, who are exactly the same a boy heros. I have no hero in particular but I think that people who do good things are heros.
My definition of a hero is someone who has the courage to sacrifice all they have for someone else. A hero is someone that isn't fearless because if you told me that you had no fear I wouldn't believe you. Every hero has a fear of something; no hero is fearless. A hero to me is someone that I can look up to becuase they had the courage to be different and take a stand. My hero would probably be my grandfather. My grandfather is my hero because he sacrificed a lot to be where he is today. My grandfather imagrated from Italy in the early-mid 1900s. Once he was here he enrolled in the military, but becuase my grandmother had already had my aunt he did not have to go. When my grandfather met my grandmother they dated for a while. But in Italian traditions, your parents choose your partner in life. My gradnfather didn't like the girl his parents had choosen for him. My grandmother was neither Italian nor the women that they would have ever choose for him to marry. For years there was resentment between the families because my grandfather had not married who was choosen for him. His sister and brother had and even though my grandfather was the oldest, his mother was angry with him for a while. My grandfather did not care; he loved my grandmother and they are still married to this day. My grandparents had four children including my mother, and they didn't have that much money. They were poor and struggled for most of their life. My grandfather always managed though to have food on the table and keep the family safe and healthy. I love my grandfather and he is my hero.
My definition of a hero is someone who will do anything for anyone no matter what the circumstances. A hero is someone who does what they think is right, and has an impact on other people. One of my heroes is my dad. He is my hero because I know that he would do anything for me no matter what the situation is. He is the kind of person that would give of anything for me, my mom, and my three brothers. One example of this was on 9/11 when my dad was in NYPD. He kept going to works all the days after to try and rescue people even though it would be an extremely dangerous thing to do. He knew it was his duty for my family and everyone else. My dad is definitely a person that can be defined as a hero.
My definition of a hero is someone that helps people. These people put people in need before themselves. An example of a hero is a fireman, an EMT, police men, and any other person that could save someones life or do good in a persons life. One of my really good friend's dad is a fireman and he risks his life to save people. I appriciate him so much for what he does. I would say that i have two heros. My mom and my dad are my heros. My dad helps me when i have a problem or if im upset we will go outside and talk about when while we play softball or something. My mom always makes me laugh and she has been there for me for the worst times of my life and the most exciting things ever. They both do whats best for me even if I get really mad at them. Those are only some reasons that they are my heros.
1. My defenition of hero is when someone goes above and beyond there comfort level to do something.
2. My hero is Lance Armstrong and the soldiers who fight for their country so we can be safe.
3. Lance Armstrong because he teaches a lesson that in order to acheive something you have to go above and beyond. Work hard. I think the soldiers because every day they risk their lives so we can be safe in what we do.
My hero is sheaun Alexander, because he is my favret football player. He is my hero becuase I want to fallow in his footsteps of being a MVP runing back on the Seatle Seahawks. Also because he broke the record of most TDs in a season witch was 28 TDs
My definition of a hero is someone who puts the needs for someone else before their own. For example someone who would dive into a river in the freezing cold to rescue someone who was drowning is a hero. Also a firefighter is a hero every day because he has to go into dangerous situations. My dad is my hero because he puts me before himself. For example, not matter what I need or whenever I need him, my dad is always there to support me.
ur cool katie.....not
i agree with Kim, i think that even the little things people do to help somone else or to go out thier way to be kind to somone else, i think they can be considerd a hero. i dont think that there is one definition of a hero, i think that anyone can be a hero, and i think that everyone has there own defintion of a hero. one of my heros would have to me my mom becuase she is working so hard and going back to school so she can get the job she's always wanted. i really like what Ralph waldo said that, "Each man is a hero to someone." and i think that this is definetly true.
My definition of a hero is someone who is selfless. Someone who doesn't care about gaining something themselves, rather helping another to gain what they need. I don't have a hero other than my parents of course. They do so much for me, and im very grateful.
My definition of a hero is someone that has a lot of courage, or the abiltiy to do something that everyone looks up to them for doing. A hero is someone that stands out from everyone else and you really look up to them. Everyone has a someone that they look up to someone whether they realize it or not. My hero would be my friends and my family.
No matter what you know that they are going to look after. I know that I can talk to them whenever I need someone to talk to. Also they tell you what is best for you even if you dont want to hear it and bring you through tough times.
My definition of a hero is someone who puts other people before themselves. I think that heroes have courage and are people that everyone else looks up to to do the right thing. Heroes are people who stand up for what they believe in and what they think is right. I think that lots of people are heroes but they don't even realize it. There are the people who everyone would obviously consider heroes(firemen, soldiers, police officers ect.) and there are the people who are most important to you and you look up to in your life. I definitely have heroes in my life. I think my heroes are my friends and family. I know that they are always there for me and I try to be there for them when they need me. My closest friends and family mean more to me than the whole world. I know that htey would never try to steer me wrong and they always want what's best for me.
My definition of a hero is someone who you can look up to. Someone who you can say, "I want to be like her when I grow up." My hero is Carrie Underwood. Carrie was just a small town girl who had BIG dreams, dreams that she achieved. She set her mind to what she wanted to do and she did it. She won American Idol and from there on she kept progressing. She won all sorts of awards and she's the most talented singer I know. I look up to her and hope I can do that and achieve my dreams. Carrie has gone to third world countried to help the kids, she has organazations for them. To me, she's incredible and I hope I can be like her.
My defintion of a hero is someone who is brave and courageous to do anything for anyone. A hero saves other people from problems in my opinion. I most definetly have a hero. Actually, more than one. My heroes are all of my sisters, my brother, and my parents. They are all heroes to me because they help me with problems I have and they aren't afraid of helping no matter what it is they are doing for me. Also, some of my friends are heroes to me as well. They tell me what is best for me and help me solve problems. These are the people who are heroes to me.
My definition of a hero is someone who always puts other people before themselves and respects other people and their beliefs. I also think that a hero doesn’t have to do something big and life changing to be called a hero. I think that a hero could do something as simple as talk to some one who is all alone, that by itself could make a huge difference in that person’s life. My heroes are my parents because whatever I decide I want to do or try they always support me and give me advice about anything. Even though I might find it extremely annoying when my parents nag me about getting perfect grades, if it wasn’t for them I don’t know if I’d be as high achieving as I am now. I am grateful for everything they do.
My definition of a hero is some who puts their life in danger fore someone else. Someone who does this every day. They run into a burning building to rescue someone else. They put themselves in danger every day for other people. I don’t have a hero but I have people I look up to. Like famous athletes and movie stars. I look up to these people because I want to be like them. These people are not heroes though. They have not saved anyone’s life. They make a lot of money and have nice cars. That’s why everyone wants to be like them. They are not really heroes.
My definition of a hero is someone who would put their own safety and life in danger to help other who is in need of help and protection. The person or the first people I think of are the troops out me the Middle East. These heroes are fighting for our safety every day. I would have to say that a big hero or heroes are the soldiers who are risking there lives and losing them to keep America and it people safe and free from harms way. I
Have some other heroes that I could think of but these people who are risking there lives for us are the first heroes that came into my mind.
My defonition of a hero is someone that eathier risks there life to save someone else or someone who saves many people. Personaly i think that may hero is the untied states army. I think this because every day they are risking there lifes to save ours. If it wasnt for them we probly wouldnt have the country we have now. Basicly someone that saves you or some other people is a hero.
My definition of a hero is someone who makes an impact on the world. A hero is someone who respects one another and who is not prejudice. A hero is willing to risk their life for anyone or maybe just help make a change in the world. A hero could be someone who creates a cure or anything to support or just help someone in the simplest way. My mom is my hero; she is the only person that I can talk to about anything! She helps me with homework and life. She is an important person in my eyes. She may have not changed the world or saved someone with her “super powers” but my mom is my hero.
I'm not really that racist against black people. I think that it sorta runs in my family. I only make the jokes cuz their easy, funny, and people like em; just like jewish jokes.
Whats the difference between a black guy and a white guy that sell drugs?
-ones a pharmacist and the others a drugdealer
Why do they put cotton in the tops of medication
bottles?
-To remind black people that they were cotton pickeres before they were drug dealers.
What do black people and apples have in common?
-They both look good hanging off trees.
Why were Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder always smiling?
-Because they didn't know they were black.
What do black people and semen have in common?
-Only one in a million work.
Why couldn't the blind black guy read?
-because he was black.
Why are black people so fast?
-All the slow ones are in jail.
What do you call a black guy having sex?
-Rape.
What happened to the black woman that had an abortion?
-Crime stoppers sent her a check for 500 dollars.
What do you call a black priest?
-Holy shit.
What word starts with "N" and ends with "R" that you never want to call a black person?
-Neighbor.
Do you remember the black family on the Jetsons?
No?
The future looks pretty good!
Whats the difference between a black jew and a white Jew?
-The black ones have to sit in the back of the gas chamber.
Whats the difference between an African kid and a pair of jeans?
-The jeans only have one fly on it.
Why don't black people listen to country music?
-Because every time they hear the word ho-down, they think one of their sisters are dead.
Whats long and black?
-The unemployment line.
What do people and jelly beans have in common?
-Nobody likes the black ones.
What is the only positive thing about black people?
-HIV
Whats the difference between a black guy and a pizza?
-A pizza can feed a family of four.
Whats the difference between a couch and a black guy?
-A couch can support a family of four.
What do tou call a white guy surrounded by 12 black guys?
-Coach
Post a Comment