Read the quote from President Obama. Write a formal paragraph - eight sentences for full credit, four sentences for partial credit - explaining what you think this quote means. What does it mean to you. Let other people read it - family members, other teachers, or anyone you can think of - and make a note of what they think it means. Do you agree with the statement? Do you disagree with it?
There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America. Barack Obama
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
66 comments:
I think that this quote means that there is only one America, and that nobody should be seperated into different groups because of who they are. There is no black america because we settled our differences between eachother and we now live togethor as one. I think Obama is right, there should be no segregation of people for what the look like or how they are. Everybody is created equal and no man should be treated differently from anybody else, there is only one America, and in this one America everybody is treated with fairness.
I think that this means that everyone in America is the same, and there should be no racism. That everyone should be treated equally, and there should be no discrimination against people just because of their race. Obama is stating that America needs to live in peace as one, and set a good example on why we are a great country. Blacks, Whites, Latinos, and Asians should all be able to live to together without judgement, and that will make for a perfect country.
What i think obama is trying to say is that wa arent random people that no one cares about. He is saying that we all should be one and sing in harmony and peace and not have any wars but to love thy neighbor thy self so no one is excluded
I think this means that everyone should be treated equal.No seperation of color,religion,beliefs, and no racism.I agree that everyone should just be equal and not care about what color they are or what they look like. Their is also a saying " Don't judge a book by its cover" and people. I also think that fits in with what he is trying to say and it is so true. So everybody can live together in peace and happiness.
I think it means that we are all united together. Color of skin does not matter. We are all human. Separation by race is prejudice. I think that Obama is implying that people have become very racist.
I agree with this statement. I think that this means that there is one kind of person in the united sates and that is american not black or white or asian ect. But that everyone should be treated equal no matter wat there race is or color of skin. That shouldent make any difference in the way that people look at each other.
Frist i want to say that i agree 100%. I think this means that now one should be left out. There is only 1 American and we all share it. There arent different parts of America that are just for blacks,asains there us one whole America. America was made for everyone.We all live here and have family here and all care for the U.S.A. The color of skin dose not matter. All raices should live together without judgement.
I agree with this statement. I think that it means there is only one kind of person. Every one in America is the same no matter what they look like. Every one should be treated fairly no matter who they are.Obama in trying to say treat people fairly and don't judge others who aren't the same a you. The U.S. should have every one standing together and let people into there life's. The U.S. is not being fair and need to change. Let people in your life that you may not thing should be, every one is different in there own ways but need to still be treated fairly. Every one in the U.S. should be treated with respect, fairnes, and loyalty.
whta i think Obama is trying to say is. That we are all treated equal in america and that .there are no blacks,whites,latin,or asian there is jest us. and what i say is that i agree whith this statement.
I honestly couldn’t agree more with this statement. It means that every single person in the world (let alone the U.S of A) is equal, no matter what. If it was anything else, then we wouldn’t be called the United States of America, and there’s always one person who takes that for granted. Also, if everyone treated Asians, Latinos, and blacks as if they were aliens from another planet and deserved no rights, where would the world be? Every single country that had a different race would be introverted and closed off! If they did come in contact with other races, it would be to start war!
Okay, I’m getting carried away. I definitely agree with this statement. Picture how many brilliant ideas would have never been heard if all blacks (for lack of a better word) kept to themselves. We would still have slavery, Martin Luther King Jr. wouldn’t have made his speech, and Rosa Parks wouldn’t have revolted. Non-racism makes a better world and more wisdom among its inhabitants.
To all of my blog fans out there (you know who you are): I’m sorry that this post wasn’t as long as my others. =P
I totally agree with this statement! What I believe it means is that every single person in the United States of America is equal. I mean really if we all had such issues as mass racism it could be disastourous like what Dana said about other races coming into contact with eachother and start a war. Although I do disagree with what Dana said about Martin Luther King Jrs. speech. Eventually some human being with morals would soon end slavery. If Martin Luther King Jr. did not exist it would not matter. It would of eventually been resolved and slavery would be abolish by any human being despite race or beliefs! This concludes my statement to what I think about President Barack Obama's quote.
Let there be a free America!
I think that the quote There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America. by barack obamama is a very ture statement. There is no part of America where only Black's or Latinos Or Asians can live. every can live with each other in society. I turly beilve that this statement comes from his heart. i can not emphise how amazing this quote is, so factiual i can see sometimes if a white person moves into the hood in New orleans hollygrove 17th avaeue where most people are blck and the white person may not feel good there but America is America so no matter where you are in the USA. you are always going to be in America.
I think that President Obama's statement says that there is one United States of America, not different groups separated. I think that he is also saying that Americans should not separate themselves into groups of black, white, latino, or asian. He is saying that no matter what race we are, we are all one united nation. I think that he is also saying that everyone in the United States should be treated equally and fairly. Right now, the United States is not really acting like one nation. I think that Obama is trying to remind everyone what being in the United States of America really means.I also think that having this statement come from the first African American president means alot. I agree with this statement completly.
First of all I defiantly agree with this quote. I think that President Obama is trying to say that America is an equal country. He wants us to know that no matter what you look like or where you come from you are still part of ONE country and won't be thought of or treated as different. Whether your black or white or Asian or Latino you shouldn't and won't be treated any different than anyone else. Many people think that because they are different from people living in America, they are going to be treated differently but that would be going against their rights. This quote means to me that America isn't separated into groups and that we can all be thought of as together. It also means to me that Obama cares that we come together, hand in hand to say that we are THE United States of America. My dad also agrees with it he thinks that this means everyone that lives in America should think of themselves as equal no matter who they are. This statement is a true and great fact to describe America.
I think this quote is very real, powerful, and truthful all in the same way. I think president Obama is trying to say that we are all of those things combined but not just one and only one. We are not just one but all. He’s saying we are liberal America and a conservative America. We are black America and white America. We are Latino America and Asian America we are all of these things put together to make The United States of America. Maybe if we come together as The United States Of American then we fix the problems we have today. We cannot fix problems being separated we should act as one and that’s why President Obama states that we aren’t just one we are all. My mom thinks that this quote means that not only we are a whole nation but if we become and stay a whole nation that we could potentially resolve and conquer are problems and fears together. I think this is a wonderful statement it really gets people thinking on what our world really is? What we want to be? How we should be? What is the true definition of The United States of America?
emily ofcourse its real... and its not really powerful either considering that quotes like this are so incredibly similar and used daily......
Yes I agree with this statement. I think the statement from Obama means that everyone should have equal rights and nobody should be treated differently because of the way they look or what their nationality is. Also there should be no racism, that everyone should be treated equally, and there should be no discrimination. Obama is trying to say that we are one country and that everybody is equal. There isn't just one type of person in the U.S.A, there is a variety of people. I think he is trying to say that anybody is welcome to the United States and that people should feel welcomed. He states "There is not a black America and a white America and Latino America and Asian America - there's the United States of America." I asked my sister what she thought of this statement and she said it means that differences from one person to another and what they look like is okay. She thinks Obama is trying to make people stop hurting others and realize that we are all just humans.
First off, I think that this article was very inspirational. Obama was trying to say that, despite our differences, we are all the same. It doesn't matter if you're a different race, everyone is part of America. We all need to be one and unite. Discriminating won't get us anywhere in life, or as a country. Me need to move forward, and not look at the past.
I think the quote is very true. I know this becuase there are not parts of the U.S. becuase we are a whole , we make decisons as a whole.Also it means we are all treated with the same respct and work as one.
I think the quote means that there is only one America and it shouldn't be categorized by different races. Everyone should be equal. Everyone should be treated the same. He is also saying that we should be acceptant of all other kinds of people. No matter what
I think this quote means, that there is only US; not separate for other colors. We are all one and no one can change that about our US state. It's a very powerful statement, but not a very powerful statement at the same time. It's powerful because it states that we're all one nation, not separate because we're different colors or religions. It's not really powerful because anyone can say this and no one will say anything or state that it was a good speach. But when Obama says it, it means something and we should do something about it now. I think that this is half and half, and anyone can stop separation and discrimination. Just because the President says this it means we're all of a shudden going to take action, and do something. People, I'm sure have tried to take action before, but have been turned down. So now it's ok to not turn them down?
I do agree with the quote that President Brarack Obama said. It is true that there should only be a United States of America; but not everyone thinks that way. Yes, we have been fighting for years about slavery and discrimination. That doesn't necesarilly mean that everyone is happy with everyone ele in this country. There has always been discrimination and hate. Many do believe that there should be just a United States of America. I do agree with this quote because it is true that if you live in this country, you should be apart of this country. That means in my book, that you speak the language and you become a citizen. I agree that there is a lot of hate in the world, but not one person can change that. I agree with Nathan O, who said that the article was inspirational and that despite our differences, we are all the same. The United States of America means, Unite We Stand; and I follow that everyday. If you want to be equal and the same, then don't think anyone person is better or lower than you.
i thinkt this quote means that no matter what race or religion we are, we are really just the united states of America, and i think hes really trying to stretch the UNTIED part of our name. I think in the longrun he's trying to stop all these religous, and race disputes and he's trying to show that united as a nation we can accoplish more.
From my point of view I think that His saying meaans that people White,Asian,Black ect. All are equal no matter what. In my opinion it is much like what Martin Luther King was trying to say to the world. Then finally everyone knew what he was trying to say after his sad death. In conclusion this is my thought of Obamas speech.
I think that Barrack Obama means that to end racistism. He means that The United States of america is not just only for one perdominant race, its where many races and cultures have grown up. I definately do agree with this quote.
I think that obama means that there is only one america and we should not mess it up with all the discrimination that we share he means that we should not be racice aganinst some one even if they are diffrent.
I think he means that were not all fighting for this separately but were fighting for it together. We should be together and be support of each other than arguing. We should work together as one! We should fight together!
I think that this means everyone is fair. So the discrimanation should not be. this way we would follow the bill of rights. why the bill of rights? becaue it states that all people shall heve equal rights.
I think that this means everyone is fair. So the discrimanation should not be. this way we would follow the bill of rights. why the bill of rights? becaue it states that all people shall heve equal rights.
I definitely agree with this quote and i think that it means that the United States is made up by a lot of different people with different beliefs but it doesn't mean that a group is a favored. I agree with what bryar said to that everybody should be treated equally no matter what there origin or physical characteristics are. Also everybody should be treated the same. I think that it is a good quote and we should definitely strive toward being free from racism. - pce
I personally agree with the president fully that there is no white, black, asian, or latino america. If your a Liberal Democrat, or a Conservative Rebulican we can still all live in peace iregardless of our differences. It's the UNITED states of america not the segregated states of america.
I definitely agree with this statement. It tells exactly what people have been trying to say for at least 200 years. In this quote, Obama is saying that everyone is created equal. The U.S. does not “belong” to one specific race or group. I agree with Dana. If we separate and discriminate against each other, how can we be the United States of America? And why are we being so prejudice anyway? If it hadn’t been for the amazing people of every race, our country wouldn’t be where it is now. Think of all the inventors and leaders who were different races and changed life for Americans. As I said, people have been telling us forever that everyone is equal. Why don’t we just listen to them and accept everyone?
I agree with this 100%. I think this quote means that Barrack Obama is trying to say that America is equal. Every person here is an American, even if they don't look like it. He's saying that there isn't a black America which means that blacks are apart of America itself, like everyone else. There isn't a asian America, asians are as much a part of the US as you and me. I think he's saying that nobody should be treated differently based on religion, looks and sex. I asked my mom what she thought of the quote and she said that people will act different, people will look different, people are different. But that doesn't mean that you're not part of the US as anyone else. She said that the asian looking people and mexican looking people are part of the US and should definatley be treated like it, they live here whether you like it or not. That is what I think Mr. Obama means by this quote.
I agree with this statement. I think that what the president is trying to say is that there isn’t just one race in the United States and that everyone is equal. Obama was trying to say that we are one nation, so we should treat each other that way. I agree with Nathan when he said that it doesn’t matter what race you are, everyone is a part of America.
I think that this quote means that in the one America we have that we should treat everyone the same. There isn't one America for blacks and one for whites, one for Asians, and one for Latinos. There is one America and there is a lot of different races in it so we should treat everyone the same. I think that he said at the end: 'There's the United States of America' Because there is one America and we are all United into one strong nation. My friend Eva thinks that it means that everyone is the same, no matter if you are white, black, Latino, and Asian. It only matters who you are. I agree with this statement because it we all work together then there will be no more racism. Then everyone will be happy and then no one will be judged unfairly just because of their race and background.
I agree with this statement. It means that even though we all look different and believe in different things, doesn’t mean that we can’t all come together. We should all come together. We are the United Stated of America. There is only one America that we should all work at to make an equal place. My sister thought it meant that there is only one America and we need to respect everyone and everything in it. I think he is also trying to say that America is up for change and always for improvement. That’s how I interpret Barack Obama’s quote.
To me this means means that America is one nation and that it is not a nation for racism or selfeshness. I agree very much with this statemennt. I beleive that thaere should be no raceism. I believe that we are on nation and that how we should treat other people as if the were your brother or sister. I donbt understant why someone would like to be racist and put somepone down because of their race. This is how i feal on this blog and my opnion wont change
I think that president Obama is trying to help America understand what were really all about. Is trying to make us understand that who we should be is in our name: The United States of America. The key word he wants us to see is United. I agree with this statement because maybe, it will make people realize that if they can't do what the country is telling them to do, then they should move out. This country is about freedom, and certain people don't want other people to have that freedom. They want to be the most powerful race and they feel that others cant be free in order to do that. He is doing a good job as president by trying to make America a better and more united place.
President Obama is really speaking the unspoken when he says this. Many people already believe in this but have never quite said it. I think when he said this, being the powerful human that he is, people are going to realize that it, meaning change, isn’t just coming but in fact it is knocking at the once completely closed doors of our country. The change will bring with it acceptance of not just colors; but personality, interests, family, religion, and everything that makes each and everyone one of us different. I know this because while we are all different, and have unique interests; we all still want our country to stand strong, and thrive as the United States of America. I feel that President Obama was really trying to get out that it doesn’t matter if someone is an African American, Latino American, Chinese American, born American, or any other combination that you can think of there are an American just like you. We are all merely faceless gears in one giant machine that is our country; working together to bring change to the world. We are different but it is this fact that makes us all the same… and that is the point that I feel the President of the United States was trying to bring across.
I think that President Obama is trying to say that there is only one America. Also that we shouldint be racist to different religions or groups of people. For instance, the whites being racist to black or black people being racist to white people. This is what I think about President Oboma's comment about America.
I think that this quote means that the United States of America will always be grouped together. It will have all races among its people, not just a certain race or overruling race. It will always be a country were all different races are accepted and treaty equally. Unlike some countries in Asia or Africa which have mostly Africans and mostly Asians our country is very mixed. You can find people of all races here weather their Latino, black, Asian, European, Australian, etc. I completely agree with this quote. The United States of America isn’t the black america, or asian america. It doesn’t have an overruling race. It’s combined and everywhere you go you meet different people with different beliefs and customs that live within the U.S. You can be anyone you want to be in the U.S. and that’s what makes it special.
I think this quote means that there are lots of different people in the United States but there is only one United States. Even though people in this country believe in different things and are different races, we are all equal. I agree with this quote from President Obama. I think we should treat each other equally despite our differences. I agree with Briana when she said we should should all come together and be the United States of America. I think we should all follow this quote and stop being racist to other races. Or, not being fair to someone if they are a republican or a democrat. That is what I think this quote means.
I actually love this quote. I definitely agree with it. I think that Obama is referring to equality. I think that he is saying that everyone is equal no matter what. America and even the world shouldn’t be separated by race and beliefs. It doesn’t matter if you are Asian, Latino, white, or black. Everyone speaks equally. I also agree with Dana and how if people treated Latinos, Asians, blacks, and whites as aliens then…where would the world be? Everyone would stay away from each other and wars could start. Fighting in general is stupid, but over race and beliefs is even worse. I think that Obama was saying that we all live as one. We share the world and so we should respect the others that live among us.
I agree with this statement that Barack Obama made 100% because racism is an ongoing problem in our world. There are still many people who judge others by their appearance and do not even realize it. This statement is very meaningful to me because one of my family’s closest friends is Japanese and she is one of the nicest people I know. Many people look down on her because she looks different than them. She was born in the United States, but people always ask her where she is from. That is not right. I agree with Justin M. and his reasoning for what this message means when he said, “America is one nation and that it is not a nation for racism or selfishness.” Barack Obama has said something so obvious, but sometimes we forget about just being kind to one another and not judging someone for how they look or the color of their skin. Barack has reminded us of the golden rule “Treat others the way you want to be treated.” Barack is just trying to say that we should not only be America, but the “United” States of America.
I think the quote means that everyone in America despite his or her race, religion, and wealth, are one. Also that no one should be discriminated against. To me it means that President Obama wants a picture perfect America. Which is going to be hard to achieve, but since he believes in it he will try and make it happen. I asked my dad what this quote means to him and he said that it shows what a perfect America would be but he thinks that it’s impossible to achieve. I agree with this state in the way that I think that this is how America should be. I think we should all work to make this happen. This is an ideal right now but it should be the norm in the future.
I think that this is a very true fact. We were created to be equal, and we should remain as such. I like how Mike L put it, that we've been reminded of "the golden rule." It reminds me of something I heard on the news a day or two ago. It was a story about giving land to people directly related to native Hawaiians. A politician commented against this saying that when a country is divided by who it's people are then the country was going to fail. I find what he said very similar to this quote. I think that this quote is staying true to the vision that the founders of our country had.
I think Obama is saying that there is no segragation and everyone should live as one. I agree with this. I do because if racism and segragation would end there would be a lot less crime. The country would also be much safer. I do not disagree with this comment. I hope this quote will come true.
President Obama is right, the United States of America should be viewed as one country despite the fact that many races live here. Taylor is right, if Obama wants a country that is totally perfect, then he will go to the ends of the earth to accomplish that as well as he can. Although I asked my dad and he thinks that even if Obama believes one day we will be apart of this reformed nation, some people in our country won't want to be apart of that change. But I agree what Nate said and how Obama is trying to make us understand that we should reflect the name of our country. I think that as the President, Obama wants to lead and be apart of a united country that sees other races as equal. No one race should be more superior than another. Barack Obama must have a good vision of what be believes our country can be, and I think so far he's done an exceptional job.
I agree with Barack Obama because I think he is trying to end racism when he is trying to say this. Also I think he is trying to say that everyone should come together and treat everyone equally. I think if racism ended the United States of America would be a better country to live in. There is no way that i don't agree with this comment because it would help the percentage of crime's go down. For example, there might be a case of murder because someone said something racist to someone and they took it offensive and killed them. I definitely agree with this statement 100%. I also hope that one day this will come true in the United States of America.
i think that it means everyone should be treated eaqual, and that we should be seperated by race or religion and it should matter, and we are all created eaqual. i agree with President Obama, are country should be united and that everyone should be treated fairly and not judged, just because of where they came from or thier religion. my parents also both agree with what Obama said, they think are country should be more united.
I completely agree with this statement. It shows that Obama is not one to judge people at all. It is good to know that we have a person like him as our president. This statement says that there are no separations between people who may just have different color skin. It says we are all one. I feel that there is only one America. There is no way to separate it into different parts. It's simple to say that we are all people no matter what. That is why it is called the United States.
I totally agree with the statement said by president Barack Obama. He is trying to stress the importance that we are a whole. We are, The United States of America. We are not split up between races we are one and we work as on to achieve. There are still people all over the world who judge people because of their appearance. I have two Chinese sisters, both adopted. I have been asked over and over again in my life why they look different now how do you think that makes them feel; knowing that my mom is really not their mother. Knowing that they have a real mom out there. Just put yourself in that position and think would. Would you like to be treated like you didn't belong? Equality is the one word that President Obama is trying to emphasize. All other races are not this way toward us, so why should we be about them. Everyone deserves the same chance and right as a citizen of the United States and that's what I think Barack Obama is trying to prove.
Last I think it says that there is only one U.S. by being racist you are braking that up.
I agree with Obama. I think he is saying that we are one and the only united states. The united states isn't all white people nor black people we are all one. We are all the same. Also he Is saying that being racist dosent help us. There shouldn't be any wars we should treat each other with respect. All together we make the united states and it doesn't help with racisum. We are all one and will always be.
I read the others comments so far, and while I agree that it has a bit to do with race, I think Obama is trying to talk about a Republican, Democrat thing. What I think Obama is trying to say here is that we are not getting enough done, because of all the bickering that we're doing. It's very hard to pass any bills these days, because some people just keep voting things down. We can never progress as a country without passing new bills. He also expresses his concern for us falling behind other countries. The other part about the speech, about race, is also moving because it shows that he feels that all discrimination should be gone. definitely agree.
I agree very much with this statement. He is trying to stress the importance that we are a whole. It shows that Obama isn't the type of person to judge. He is saying that we should all actually become the *United* States and not just America.
I think that this statement means that we shouldn’t think in terms of “African Americans”, or “Asian Americans”, because we are all “Americans”, and don’t get another title just because of our race. I totally agree with this statement, we are all people who deserve equal rights. Who would want to be called Asian American or Latino American? They’re just American. Altogether we make up America, and putting people into different groups because of their race isn’t upholding what we strive to be. The US is made up of all of us, and we can’t have different titles because we look different.
I could not agree more with this statement that Barack Obama made. It is speaks the truth, and positioned clearly in the letters, you can tell that the message is that all the people being racist should just plain STOP. We are one country, a melting pot of different races and colors, not separated racial countries. People that are racist are colorblind by choice; they don’t accept a world of color. The United States of America is a country that’s meant to be lived in a world with a vivid spectrum of shades. USA is a country that is meant to be joined together as one.
America, a land of the free because of the brave, has learned to accept each other. We’ve put aside the tint of our skin and ignore the land our ancestors came from; we all originated from a foreign land, but now we are Americans. Those who have chosen not to accept colors do not see the beauty of one, whole country. It’s a shame especially since we’ve come so far; it’s a shame knowing that there are other people like that out there; it’s a shame knowing they’ve chosen to skip out on the warmth of unity.
It is, however, refreshing to know we have in fact come a long way. It’s even better knowing that we can go even farther.
With all that in mind, I say “Bravo Obama,” for he has made a statement that should open the eyes of our country, because it’s the truth that everyone should agree with.
PS.
Dana, it is quite alright. ;)
I think what President Obama is trying ot say, is that there shouldn't be any racism in the United States. Like Martin Luther King Jr. said, "Discrimination is a hellhound that gnaws at Negroes in every waking moment of their lives to remind them that the lie of their inferiority is accepted as truth in the society dominating them." They are kind of saying similar things. They talk about how black and white people shouldn't be separated. Also how they shouldn't be treated differently. I think Obama is restating what Martin Luther King Jr. said only in his own workds. The United States of America means that everyone living here should be equal. This is what I think Obama was trying to say.
This quote is all about how important it is for the people of our nation to be united, to be a whole. There will ALWAYS be racism. Its just a fact. There will always be people out there who are so messed up in the head that they think the color of a someone's skin affects the type of person they are. But its important to try and spread equality and peace throughout the nation to stop racism. And THATS what Obama is stressing that in this quote.
FIN.
I agree with this statement. It is very true that people do not think of America as a whole, but we separate our country by race. You see this everywhere; Schools, stores, restaurants. One of Mr. Obama's goals as president was to bring our country together and try and get rid of a lot of racism. He meant in his statement that everyone is equal and until we start treating each other as equals, America will never be as strong a union as we could be. No matter what class we are or what race, we are all born with equal privileges. The United States of America is the greatest country in the world and we need to realize that we are very lucky to be here. If race and class is more important to you then treating everyone as an equal, than you do not understand Barack Obama’s whole goal as president. He wants to bring all of us together and have us learn to treat each other equally.
I agree with president Obamas speech. because he was explaining that everone is equal in our union. and it dosnet mater what race you are we are all a union. He also amde it verry clear that if were not all a union and thaught of us as eqaul. We would not be a good strong country. Imagin if we thaught if we thaught that if some one was a difrfent coler then you were better than every body eltse. How would you feel if you just happend o be that race that ever body thaut was so bad. We would end up all hating eachother.
I beleve that obama is trying to say that all people in america should be the same. No matter the race he is trying to get out to the people that we can all live in harrmany. I asked my parents of this simple question and they both said that everyone any race should be able to join the nation. i agree with their choice for many reasons. one reason why i agree is that this country is by term free. so how can everyone in america be free if all races are not friendly.
I beleve that obama is trying to say that all people in america should be the same. No matter the race he is trying to get out to the people that we can all live in harrmany. I asked my parents of this simple question and they both said that everyone any race should be able to join the nation. i agree with their choice for many reasons. one reason why i agree is that this country is by term free. so how can everyone in america be free if all races are not friendly.
What Obama is trying to say, America alone itself is one. There's no seperation in this country concerning race, religion, or freedom. Everyone in this country is the same. Obama is stating- if a bad thing happened white people in American, it is going to affect everyone else in this country.
Obama is saying that all people in america are supposed to be working as one and not fighting other races.
Post a Comment