When you are done, write a comment answering the following questions:
- If you were treated unfairly in the game, how did it feel?
- What in your life isn't fair?
- In general, is our world fair?
p.s. This blog post is purposefully assigned on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, as he worked during his life for fairness and equity.
p.p.s. Remember, eight sentences are needed for full credit and grammar and spelling count!
69 comments:
I noticed in the game that when the square heads were the judge I was given extra time and I thought that was because I answered the question at the right time and got a bonus and I noticed whenever my partner answered the question she would only have 3 seconds to give an answer. Then when the judges switched I started to only have 3 seconds to answer and she would have 20 seconds, also I noticed the triangle judge would be a lot nicer to the triangle head contestant. When the owl judge came though it was even we each had 10 seconds to answer, and he wasn’t nicer to either of the contestants it was even. This is to teach us that things in life are unfair. Except in life there won’t always be someone to speak up and tell people that what they were doing is unfair, like in the game. If no one does speak up, then you will have to take it upon yourself to speak up and say that it is unfair. This game can teach everyone a valuable life lesson.
O bbtw first comment YAY
I agree with conner and it wasn't that annoying not winning in that little game but sometimes in real life being treated unfairly means a lot more. i think its dumb that sometimes women or men get treated higher then the other sex. also racially it is really dumb that you would treat somebody different just because they have different skin. The game i guess qoutes a good message and it teaches everybody that you should be better to other people. i agree with the quote that you should treat somebody the way they treat you because its really there loss!! Nothing in my life is really that unfair.. and the world needs to be improved but we are getting better.
I completely agree with Conner, when the square head was the judge, it was really unfair, and only gave me 3 seconds to answer, and when my partner did it, it gave him I think 20 seconds. When the pointy-head-thing guy was the judge,I got 20 seconds, and my partner got 3. The game was very unfair until the owl was judge and saved the day! Haha, but this game did teach a lesson, kind of on discrimination, but also on standing up for yourself, and realizing that if something isn't fair, to bring it up, and say something about it.
Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin like a fool with your pants on the ground. With the gold in your mouth, hat turned sideways, pants hit the ground. Call yourself a cool cat, lookin like a fool, walkin downtown with your pants on the ground. Giddy up, hey! Get your pants off the ground! Lookin like a fool,walkin, talkin with your pants on the ground. Giddy up, hey, get your pants off the ground! Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground. Gold in your mouth, hat turned sideways, pants hit the ground.Call yourself a coolcat, lookin like a fool, walkin', talkin' with your pants on the ground!!!!!!!
Boom
I agree I when the square was the square was the judge I would only have 3 seconds to answer but when the judge was the pinhead I got sometimes almost 20 seconded to answer. I thought that was not fair to the other player. Then the owl judge came he reset the score and the game got even. Starting them we also got the same amount of time to answer. There are a lot of things in our life’s that aren’t fair and one of them is school. Some kids get less homework or easier tests. This is unfair but it is everyone getting what they need. You also might not get the same amount of toys as someone that is not fair but it is just the way it is. I don’t thing that in the little things are life is fair. For example in the game after the first round one person had an advantage but after at the end it was fair. Because one person had had an advantage once, they had a disadvantage once and the third round was even. This is the same for the other player. In the little things our lives might not seem fair but overall but I think our world is over all fair.
I agree with Bria and Conner that when the squarehead was the judge it was unfair.I didn't mind that it was unfair because it was only a game. there are many things in life that are not fair like the question in the game about the girl wearing her head scarf to school. why is it alright for her to be able to wear it in school.? We are not allowed to wear hats if we want to. I understand it's her religion and her way of life but we should also have that right. It seems everyone that moves to America from a different country have more rights than the people that were born here. I think our rights should come first and be heard first. In my life I think it's unfair to have homework. We are in school all day and than we have to go home and do one to two hours of homework a day. sometimes less is more..
My life is unfair because my parents are divorced and their relationship isn’t very good. Our world isn’t fair either. If I was treated unfair in a game I would feel depressed.
In the game I wasn’t treated unfairly because it was whoever got to their button first and that’s how its played. I didn’t win, but I lost fairly. In my life sometimes I don’t think its fair when I get introuble for something that my brother does. When he starts crying, my Dad automatically thinks it was me and always asks what I did. I think this is unfair because al they ever say is “He’s younger than you” “How old are you? And how old is he?” Blah Blah! In my opinion, I don’t care how old the kid is, when its not my fault, its not my fault and I shouldn’t get blamed for it. I think in general our world can be fair, but then it isn’t always fair. For example, when Martin Luther King Jr. died, he died because he was black, and I don’t think that it was fair. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I was racist because I wouldn’t get another person’s perspective. So in this world it depends where you come from when you talk about being racist.
this game is very unfair when the square head guy was the judge i barely got time but when the other guy wast he judge i got like 20 seconds.
I won the game and I was treated fairly. In my life sometimes it isn’t fair when I want to do something but I have to go to my dads house. That makes me angry because I am missing out on a lot of things to go mto my dads house, but then I remember that I love my dad and he never gets to see me that often so I should go. I do miss out on somethings but I do get to spend time with my dad. In genral our world is not fair. Some people still don’t like the fact that we have an African American president. There is nothing wrong with that. Some people think that it’s okay not to like someone JUST because they LOOK a LITTLE different! There is nothing wrong with them, or with us. We should all be equal.
My parents don’t listen to me when I have something to say. Every once in awhile, they listen, but not all of the time. In the game, they are only letting people who are the same as them get more points if they lose a question or if they get it right. I don’t think this is fair because you shouldn’t base people on who they are or what they look like. You should not judge people until you get to know them. That what the Civil Rights Movement was all about. About stereotypes and people being prejudice against other people.
In the game, at first I got all the points because I was a triangle head. But after the first round I was not able to get any points even though I answered questions and the answers were right. After the owl came the game was fair. You didn't have to be a square or triangle head to win. I think a lot of things in my life are not fair. I don't think our world is fair because there are always people who may not treat you fairly. Our world can be fair in a lot of things but not always. I agree with Hannah on how she said Martin Luther King Jr. died because he was black and that wasn't fair. It isn't fair for someone to judge you on your appearance.
When the squarehead was in charge it gave the other squarehead a better chance of winning. But when I was not favored by the judge it wasn't a positive feeling. This is one of the reasons that juries are so diverse. So that even if someone is prejudiced it will be ruled out. What is unfair in my life is that I'm pushed to succeed which I do in with my strengths but its expected of me to do just as well in my weaknesses. I don't think our word is fair otherwise there would not have been a hurricane in Haiti, no one would get cancer and no one would would be hungry.
I noticed the same thing that Conner did. When the judge was the same person as you, they gave you extra points but if you were the other person they made the time shorter and made it harder for you. It doesn't feel good to be treated unfairly, it made me feel kind of mad that I lost when I got most of the questions right. When I had 150 points and my partner got a question right my score went back to zero, witch made me mad that the host would do that. Something that I think isn't fair in my life, is that when ever my brother says, "Rebekah did it" my parents actually believe him, even if I have no clue what it is that he said I did. No, I don't think that life is fair, life has never been fair and it is never going to be completely fair. My parents always tell me that life isn't fair and I just get mad and walk away when they tell me that, but they are right. For example sometimes a referee for a soccer team will like one of the teams better and not call fowls on them, but on one team he doesn’t like he’ll call things that aren't even fowls. Even though Referees aren’t supposed to do that, sometimes that happens and the people on the other team get mad. This happens with a lot of other things to, but that’s just the way life is sometimes. So yes I agree that life is not fair.
In the game, I was the triangle. When it started with the triangle judge, whenever I got an answer wrong, I was always docked less points. Also, I sometimes got less time. With the square judge, it was the complete opposite. I was given less time when I buzzed in, and I was docked more points. With the owl judge, it still wasn’t completely fair. When both players got the answer wrong, I was docked more. It makes you feel like you’re not important in the game, so your answer doesn’t count as much.
What in my life isn’t fair? Wow, where do I begin? There are quite a few things that I got through every day that aren’t what you would call “fair”. For example, when you are socializing in school and someone wants to sit at your table, it isn’t right to pretend that someone was sitting in the seat next to you. I’ve always said that everything that happens in your life happens for a reason. Later in life, we will look back on all of this unfairness and learn not to pass it on to our offspring, friends, or relatives. Something that you think isn’t fair, no matter how minor it may be, greatly impacts your moral characteristics!
The definition of “fair” is “free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice”. That being said, is this implying that the majority of our country isn’t fair? Take our constitution, for example. It took until 1963, when Martin Luther King Jr. gave his last speech, to realize that blacks and whites are all equal! I feel that we have forgotten about this statement lately. Why do we criticize those with darker colored skin? It’s simply a matter of having more melanin in your skin! Also, have you noticed,WOMEN ARE STILL PAID LESS THAN MEN. How pitiful is that? Many people describe women as being weaker than men. Hillary Clinton almost became President of the United States! Sarah Palin was the first woman to run for vice-president! Sure, these may have happened two years ago, but this just supports how unfair this country is.
I played this game with my older brother, Jack. We both felt that we were treated unfairly in this game. I was Square-head and he was Pinhead. I thought that the game was unfair because when the Pinhead was judge, my brother got all the points and I got less time. My brother thought it was unfair because of the same reasons, except Square-head was the judge. I noticed that when the Owl came along, the game became fair.
I feel that nothing in my life really that unfair that I feel depressed or sad about. If I really had to say one thing, it would be how much snow and cold we get in Connecticut.
In general, I think that our world is pretty fair. We may not be perfectly fair, but hey, we’ve certainly come a long way. We used to have slavery in the U.S, that’s now gone. Even after slavery, we used to discriminate against black, that’s now gone…somewhat. Sure, there are some people in the U.S that discriminate against black, but not as much as we used to. The only thing that I think is unfair in our world is stereotypes. Things like “Asians are amazing at math” or “Southerners are dumb”, things like that. But I think we can fix those problems as we did with the others, and become an extremely fair country!
The game was unfair because the judge liked one better then the other. For example when the pinhead was the judge the game was unfair against the square heads. When the owl became the judge the game became fair.
One thing that I feel is unfair is that my brother gets everything. He is the baby of the family. Sometimes it feels like he gets more then my but half the time it is really fair it just feels like it isnt.
I think that are world is pretty fair. Like Tommy said there use to be slavery and we now have a law agaisnt slavery. Although there are people are sterotypes. We can fix these problems though.
In the game, Inequity, I was a triangle. I was treated very well in the first round; although it was unfair for my opponent, my mom. I was docked less points and noticed sometimes I got more points than my mother. In round two, I was treated how my mother was treated in round one. I was not a happy camper. In round three, I noticed Mr. Owl was unfair toward my opponent, but fairer than the other two judges. He would give me 10 point advantages and not my mother. Overall, it was a fun game, but unfair. The game did not follow the treat others the way you want to be treated rule.
There are many things in life that are not fair. An example of people not being treated fairly is when someone is sick. People who have a lot of money can go to any doctor or specialist they want, but poor people either can’t go to the doctor at all or their options are a lot more limited in who will see them.
Another reason the world is not fair is because African Americans are still not treated as well as white people. When President Barack Obama was elected president, there were many people in this country that did not like this decision at all. Some people didn’t want him to be president because of his policies, but others were against him only because he is black. Many people are mistreated every day and all because of their skin color. That is why life is unfair.
P.S. My mom is a sore loser.
When I played the game, I noticed that when the triangle judge was there, I got more points and more time. When the square judge was there, I had less time and got docked more points. With the owl, it was fair. It made me feel good that I was getting a higher score than my brother. When Isaac answered wrong; he got a whole lot more points taken away, which he did not like. No matter if it was the square or triangle judge, it didn’t really feel nice either way, like you were cheating or being cheated from.
Well, there are a lot of things in my life that aren’t fair. When I have to do the dishes alone because Isaac is “busy”, or if Isaac has to miss hockey practice because I have a conflicting activity, that isn’t fair for us. The thing is, we might whine and complain about something that isn’t fair, but in the grown up world, it isn’t that bad. Somethings in my life aren’t fair, like Dana said, women aren’t paid as much as men, but I really don’t think about those things because they don’t affect me in my daily life. So, a lot of things are unfair, but the major things that are, l don’t really care about.
I think that our world isn’t fair. The thing is, the things that aren’t fair are sort of smoothed over by better things, so they don’t entirely seem unfair. Sure, we are unfair in our world, but no one needs them to stop, like with Martin Luther King, and racism.
I noticed that when I played the game with my sister who was the square head she had hardly enough time to even submit her answer. No one else mentioned this but it seemed to me that the pinheads got a lot more points for their answer. Now I will say this any decent person who's worth their salt will tell that life isn't fair. Consider this; if life was fair there would be no poverty, racism, hunger, or homeless people because if life was fair they'd be able to pay for it. My life isn't that fair. It's not fair that I have to clean the kitchen, take the dogs out, do the garbage, clean the fish tank, as well as help my dad shovel the sidewalk and the driveway. On top of all that go to school and be expected to get good grades. When my sister is in college and doesn't have to do anything which is sort of understandable but still not really that fair. So all in all life really isn't that fair not to mention that some kids just happen to be born in a wealthy family while another kid just happens to be born in a poor African country and witness both his mother and father die of aids, cancer, or hunger for that matter and end up having to care for his/her little brothers and sisters. Now don't get me wrong im not saying that there is anything wrong with doing well for yourself financially just always remember to think of the less fortunate and always give thanks for what you have even if it's just giving thanks for your schoolbooks.
At first I was treated unfairly because I was the cube and my partner was the cone. The judge was the cone. It was, as the owl said, rigged. We found that everything was made to make it easier for the cone. I still won the first round, though, because my partner thought they had to answer according to their political views. That also made me not care about any 'injustice' done to me. The second round when the judge was a cube my partner did seem a bit hurt. "This is totally unfair!" she'd said, and that's how she felt. I, however, thought it was funny. In my life there's a lot that isn't fair. But, then again, there's a lot in everyone's life that isn't fair. Everything is objective. Things change, people change, you can never be totally sure about anything. In our world there is still a lot of discrimination and there always will be. But besides that there may be a person who is trying to get a job, and they don't get it. Along may come a similar person with similar experiences but that person may have a certain type of car and they get the job. Is that fair? No. Could it happen? Easily.
When I was treated unfairly in the game I felt very mad because it made it impossible to win. Then when the judges changed I started getting extra stuff and my partner got mad but it made me happy. What isn't fair in my life is that parents can do whatever they want and punish you for something. If they did the same thing we can't punish them. It's very annoying. No, our world isn't fair at all. Kids are treated worse than adults, Mexicans are sometimes discriminated against, and blacks are also sometimes discriminated even though blacks aren't that discriminated against anymore.
First of all, that game was not fair! I played with my seven year old sister, so do you think she knows much about American history? No, she doesn't. But anyways, whenever there was the same shape as you was the judge, (like Conner and Rebekah said) you got extra time for your answer. So when my sister had the advantage of the judge looking like her square person, I was thinking to my self how unfair, and almost racist the game was (in a silly way though).
In my life, a lot of things can be unfair. For example, since my brother just broke his arm, he can use excuses to get out of almost anything. Like last week, he just randomly said, "MOM! Kim hit my arm!" And even though I knew he was joking around, it was still unfair that I got "in trouble" for it. But then after I had surgery, I also got excuses and some special privileges. When Greg hit my arm (and sometimes he would do it just for fun!), I would yell to my parents so he would be scolded.
Well, some people have said the world is fair, and others say it's unfair, but I think that it is still unfair and always will be. People are never perfect, and they will treat others how they want to. That's just the way it is and people will eventually learn that's how it's going to be unfortunately. So in the game, if you were a pointy-head and so was the judge, you got extra points when you got a question right. Although the other player got more points taken away. Isn't that being somewhat racist and favoring one side because they are more like you? I think so! Unfairness goes on all over the world, and maybe even in the smallest ways that some people don't always recognize it.
PS. My sister really liked the game even though she lost and knew not much about American history. She wanted to play again! But when her score was something like -60 and mine was -40, she thought she was winning because she doesn't know about negative and positive integers. So I had to explain that to her too. Lastly, depending on how smart you are, this game could've been unfair too.
When i was playing the game with my partner i felt angry because every time he got a point right he would get more points then me. so i felt it was unfair because he was doing better than me. No i dont think our world is fair, because even though there is a law agenst it black people are still descriminated. I think that even if there is a law agenst it, people will still look differently at them.
No I was not treated fairly in the game. The game was calling me a “pointy head” and only gave extra time to the other player. It felt really bad to be treated unfairly I was wondering how they could call me names and say I wasn’t smart if they didn’t even really know me. I was thinking about how they have no right to judge me based on my appearance. When I think about it there aren’t many things in my life that aren’t fair. One thing that always annoys me and that I think is extremely unfair is that since I am the oldest child in the family whenever both of my parents are out of the house I am expected to watch my little brother. Even if I had already made plans if something comes up I’m expected to cancel and watch him. I agree with Tommy when he says that nothing in our country is really unfair and that we have come a long way. Our country used to be extremely unfair. One event that stands out strongly is slavery and how people treated blacks unfairly just because they looked different. Some people still think that way but not as bad. Overcoming unfairness in out country has helped make it stronger and I think that overcoming unfairness, as a person will help make u a stronger better person too.
I feel that the game was unfair. I didn't like how the judges favored one of the game contestants and that person began winning. It isn't a game that I think anyone would enjoy playing. Many things in my life aren't fair. For example maybe my brother will get something and I won't. Things like that happen all the time and sometimes it's the other way around. In general, our world is not fair. People favor other people or things everyday. It isn't something we can stop because everyone favors even if they don't realize it.
I was treated very unfairly in the game. I didn't like it too much. I was the square head and so when the pinhead was the judge he wouldn't let me answer the question but he let melissa answer. Also, when i got a question right he said "Wow, a squarehead got one right!" so he was calling me stupid. Something in my life that isn't fair is that when anything bad happens, my parents assume it was me. This is because they think that Ellery, my brother is the perfect child. According to my parents, nothing can go wrong when Ell is there. I have even heard someone say "I wish Ell was my kid." I was standing right there too! In general, our world is not fair at all. We have people who are homeless and who die of hunger everyday and would do anything to just get a little food while there are rich people who complain about food or waste it. The two richest people in the world have more money than the total GDP of the 45 poorest countries combined!That is not fair.
When I was treated unfairly in the game, it didn’t feel really bad. This was probably because I knew that one person was going to be treated unfairly. It still did fell kind of frustrating when the other player got advantages. Yes, my life is unfair. My younger brother usually gets away with everything. He also gets pretty much everything he wants. Of course, he claims to feel the same way about me. However, I think that our lives aren’t really as unfair as we make them seem. We just feel like we are being treated really unfairly if we don’t get everything our way. We don’t really notice that other people are being treated this way as well. Our world is definitely unfair. There is still a lot of racism and I agree with Dana when she says that women are still being treated differently from men. I’m sure everyone knows the world is unfair, but people aren’t doing a lot to solve this problem.
Like most people, I agree that the game was unfair, and that I was treated unfairly. I played this game with my dad. I was Square-head (like Tommy) and he was Pinhead. I noticed that when the Pinhead was judge, my dad got more points and time (meaning that the points were worth more for him) and I got less time. My dad wasn’t paying attention to if the game was fair or not; he just wanted to get done and over with [ha-ha]. I noticed that it was unfair because of the same reasons, except Square-head was the judge. I agree with Tommy when he said “I noticed that when the Owl came along, the game became [pretty] fair.”
In my life some things are unfair, but not everything; but then again, who said life was fair? Sometimes I feel like it’s unfair that when I can’t get something, someone else can buy multiples of that thing. It’s not my fault, or theirs, that they can afford a more expensive item and I can’t. Sometimes I feel like it’s unfair when I get punished (in school or out of school) for something that I didn’t do, something that someone else did. I hate when I get looks from the teams we’re competing against because I’m short; I hate when they say I won’t be fast or good because I’m short… it seems unfair that they judge me. People that didn’t know me that NOW know me know that those people who come up with that stereotype are wrong. I’m not the fastest or the best, but I’m not a sloth here, people. I don’t think it’s fair when people judge me based on stereotypes or their own assumptions. It’s unfair that we have school longer than other places. These some of the few things that I think are unfair in my life. They might be unfair, but they aren’t going to make me depressed. They’re just the dips on the rollercoaster called life. :D
Overall, I think the world has its times when it’s fair and unfair. I agree with Tommy, we have come a long way. Although, I agree with Dana’s point: It’s appalling that men are STILL paid more than women. I’m sorry, that’s just plain STUPID. As a female, I have to say… how are men still better than women? Sure, blacks aren’t slaves anymore, but they’re still discriminated. What makes blacks inferior to whites? Stereotypes and prejudice still exists in the world, and we’re not perfect. Tommy says we’ve come a long way, and we have. I think we can go even farther though. :)
When I played the inequality game, I felt that it was not fair. After the end of each round the amount of points each character earned were refreshed and in the end I lost because of this. I know the game was trying to make everything fair but it didn't. I didn't like the game and was not happy that it was so unfair.
Yes, it is true that life is not fair. It will never be fair. For example, in your family if you have siblings, you are going to be blamed for something you did not do. It is just going to happen. Is that fair? No, but it is life. Not everything you do is going to be fair. If it was, life would be boring and without a challenge. Yes, more equality would be nice, but it seems that were are going to have to wait.
In general, I would say our world is fair in certain areas and not fair in others. For example, I think it is fair that every kid in the United States has the opportunity to go to school. All people can be given an education for free. This is great because everyone should have the opportunity to go to school no matter where they come from. What I think is not fair is that college is so expensive so that not all kids can go. Everyone should be able to get a full education and be prepared for life and getting a job. I wish our world was more fair, but it will have to do for now.
I think the game was totally unfair. I was playing with my mom and she was freaking out saying how it was very unfair and she didn't get enough time. When the judge was the pointy head and I was the pointy head it only let me answer and not my mom. (Which is the reason she got really mad.) And when the judge was a square and my mom was it wouldn't let me answer. So the judge was VERY unfair.
In my life, many things are not fair. Well, everyday things seem unfair. Like when my brother doesn't have to do anything and I do, I always complain that it's "unfair". For example, me and Zach switch feeding the dogs outside everynight. And when I feed the dogs two nights in a row, my brother always comes up with an excuse why he shouldn't have to feed them two nights in a row. But in general, the little things aren't fair. Life just isn't fair sometimes.
Our world isn't fair to me. Like Taylor and Tommy said about the slavery. We now treat blacks as equals. They get all the same treatment and stuff, but people, white people, treat them unequal. We make racial jokes about them and call them mean words. They're treated equal by the government, but not by the citizens of the US.
In Mrs. Barksdales room, there's a poster hanging on her wall in the front of the classromm. And everyday, I read that poster for some reason. It says, "Fairness isn't about getting the same thing, it's everyone getting what they need." And really, that's what fairness is.
While playing this game I felt that I was treated unfairly. I felt that I was treated unfairly because in the second round the person who I was playing with had the same character as the judge. In this round I realized that the other player had more time when answering the question. There was almost a seventeen second difference between our two times. I also noticed that I would get random negative forty points off, but maybe that was because I was pressing random keys. I wasn’t always treated unfairly though when the judge was that same character as the one I was playing the ways that I was treated unfair in the second round was happening to the other player in the first round. In the final round the owl came and was a fair judge he maid every thing even from what I could see, but I still lost. Something in my life that isn’t fair is having homework I know that it helps us out, but I don’t like doing it I don’t know anyone who likes doing it either but its there and has to be done. I don’t really think our world is fair because in our world you need money to do basically anything, and not everyone has or makes a lot of money and people are put out on the street because they can’t afford to pay for a house or apartment. This is happening a lot lately because a lot of people are loosing there job. In my opinion the things that are happening in our world aren’t fair.
When I played the game I felt that it was unfair. I was a pinhead and when the square head was the judge, not only did I get negative comments when I either answered correctly or incorrectly, but I didn't get to answer first if I buzzed in first sometimes. But when the pinhead was judge, I got positive comments and I usually got to answer first. When I was treated unfairly, I felt alittle annoyed because it was just a game. But in the real world, when I'm not treated fairly, or what I feel is fair, I get upset. I think my life is pretty fair. Some little things in my life may not be fair, maybe its just me who thinks it's unfair. I think that our world is pretty fair. There are some things that I think aren't fair in our world. One thing is that there are many people who don't have houses, or food while there are many people who do. I also don't think it's fair that people in the United States are safe from war while the people in Afghanistan aren't. I think that right now where I am living, life's pretty fair to me.
In these game i felt unfaily treated becuase it was really hard to win . Sometimes the judge would give me less time or more to the other player.But it is true life is not completely fair. Like when some one isnt tall enough too ride a roller coaster then you cant ride it, but why cant the just make smaller seats?Also somtimes you are treated diffrent by age which is very likely.
Being treated unfairly is very common for me. In the game my siter had the zero botton and i had the 1. To my luck neither of the ones worked so my sister would win. Also she gets the better trips. she got to go to califonnia. Soon she is going to hawai for feildhockey. My parents always get her the more expenseve stuff and me the dollar store stuff. So over all nothing is really fair its just the way you live with it.
If I was treated unfairly in the game, which I was, I would be annoyed because it wasn't fair. In the game they kept putting the score back to 0 every round and when a different judge came some would never gave you enough time, like one would give you around 5-10 sec. and the other would give you around 10-20 sec. My life has a little unfairness in it because of school/homework/sports/ music (strings)and high school is next year and there are some decions to make such as sports, like should I do this sport, is the schedule not in the way (not that it always is), my lif's fine but I am really busy,though I love what I do. No our world is not fair, everyone's probably heard that saying "life isn't always fair" thats true, but sometimes you can make it fair (in some ways). Martin Luther King Jr. wanted things fair, but no one was standing up for them selves and others, so he did, however life today is more fair then back then before Martin Luther King Jr. stood up for himself and the others. We all still celebrate his day and what he did that made life today a better, more equal and peaceful place. Yes you may think today is different right now because of the economy, but we all should and do look at the bright side and try to help the economy.
That...was...so unfair. I lost to my mom because of that meanie triangle host. But anyways, when the square guy was the host, he was giving me (the square) more time to buzz in and answer than my mom (the triangle) had. But then it was the other way around when the triangle guy was the host, he gave my mom more time to buzz in and answer. But then Mr. Owl came in and saved the day!! He made the game fair, and eventually I lost to my mom...but at least I lost fairly, instead of losing because of the mean-triangle host.
My life isn't fair sometimes, but no one's life is really, completly fair. Sometimes we think that it's not fair, like if we get kicked off the computer or something, when it really is fair. What I'm trying to say is that everyone feels like they were treated unfair sometime or another in their lives. I do and I don't think our world is fair. In some ways, yes, it's very fair. But in others, no, I don't. Like Serena said, that some people are still opposed to having Obama be our president because he's black. I mean COME ON people! Everyone's the same and if you have a problem with Obama being our president just because of the fact that he's black, I'd get over it, because he's going to be our president for the next four years. It's wrong how people can be so unfair to people, and how poorly their treated JUST because their DIFFERENT? I mean, really?! I have only ONE more thing to say. That triangle judge was a butt to the poor square, and that kind of represents life at some points. A LOT of people were horrible to the slaves when that whole thing happened, and it's WRONG. Okay..I'm done now. :)
I was treated very unfairly in the game. I did not like it at all!!!!! I was the pointy head and so when the square was the judge he wouldn't let me answer the question but he let the other player answer. Also, when i got a question right he said "lucky guess" like he expected me to get it wrong. Something in my life that isn't fair is that when something is missing from anybody in my house they will blame me for stealing it and they end up finding it in a couple hours, and I didn't have it. Our world is not fair at all. We have people who are homeless and would do anything just to get money or food. That is not fair.
First of all the game was horribly unfair! At first I got all the points because I was a "pin head." But after the first round I wasn't able to obtain any points even though I answered the questions and the answers were infact correct! After the owl came the game was actually fair (which was very surprising). You didn't have to be a square or pin head to win. I think a lot of things in my life are not fair. I don't think our world is fair because there are always people who may not treat you fairly, for example there is alot of age descrimination in our societies and there isnt alot that we can do about it due to our "teenage stereotype". Our world isn't really fair at all considering all the issues such as Earthquake Haiti leaving an estimated 200,000 people dead, which was incredibly unfair for people that weren't hurt at all. It isn't fair just because of stereotypes or just being judgmental about things.
When I played the game I thought it was unfair when I didn’t get any points because I couldn’t read the answers fast enough. I was the pointy head and when the pointy head was the judge, I had more time to answer but when the square head was the judge, I didn’t. I think its unfair when you think you’ve worked really hard but instead of getting a break, you get more work. Life is unfair when people don’t understand you. For example, sometimes people judge other people without really knowing them. They might judge them by the color of their skin or for other reasons. It is unfair to judge people this way. That is what Martin Luther King meant when he said in his I Have a Dream speech “One day we will live in a nation where people will not be judged by the color or their skin but by the content of their character.
First of all, I've always said that owls were the most fair species of all, and this further proves my point. Second of all, lots things about life aren't fair. Growing up in a less fortunate area is unfair. Being homelesss and hungry is unfair. Poverty is unfair. These are very serious unfairnesses, that are huge problems in our society. But there ara also unfairnesses that are less of a big deal, which I think spawned the term "life ain't fair" (normally followed by a "git used to it" or something to that effect). The whole "life ain't fair" is something I think is rediculous. Yes,there are parts of life that aren't fair that we can't control, but the whole point is to make things as fair as possible. Saying "life ain't fair" may be partially true, but shows that you're doing nothing about it. "Life ain't fair just seems like an excuse to act like a big jerk and get you way. This brings me to things like aparteid and civil rights. Unfairness in life should only have to do with things out of our control. Giving people common rights certainly falls into the catagory of in our control. That's why it was so ridiculous.
in my life it is not fair.i have to share almost every thing with my little brother and i hate it. i think the world is not fair.
I was treated unfairly in the game as a pointyhead. When the pointyhead was the judge, he made remarks that made me look better and I got more points, but when the squarehead was the judge, I was put down and got little time and few points. It made me feel annoyed when I didn't get treated fairly. In my life, I get treated unfairly for alot of things. For example, sometimes at home I'll be blamed for taking something from my brother (he cannot remember anything for his life), and he'll end up finding it later. In our world, there are a lot of unfair things, like American Idol for example. Some people try their hardest to get on the show, but they're terrible at singing, and others don't even practice or rehearse, and they get four yes's. Life isn't always fair.
For starters I would just like to say that my dad was typing in the wrong answers FOR ME!!… Or else I would have won. This game was unfair in the fact that you had to be a faster reader than the person playing you and you had to have faster reflexes. This gave both me and my father unfair advantages (him being a faster reader could answer the questions faster and me being a faster clicker got to try first). There aren’t that many things in my life that are unfair (my parents are very good at keeping peace between me and my brother). Sometimes things seem unfair… but maybe it’s just me. My parents are very supportive of my brother and me. However, sometimes I feel like my parents are cheering on the sidelines at my brother’s games more than at mine. Now granted I’m not the biggest sports girl (I’m not really that good at all…but I try). Call it whatever you want but sometimes I feel that brother at times can get treated better than I do more often. Also, like I said it is probably just me being a little green monster. I just think it’s unfair that he is good in school and at sports. This leads me to think that maybe he gets jealous of me (for reasons I don’t know). But if you’re on the outside looking in maybe things just seem unfair when they’re not… this however makes me feel that maybe everyone does truly get their time to shine just in different ways and for different things. So yeah I do feel that in general some things are very unfair. For everyone there is going to be something that they can’t do, which in its own way is unfair because one person will always be better at something than you and you maybe better than them at something else(which means it balances out). Which means that things are in a way fair too (but fair because they are unfair). However when people are saying things like all girls are cheerleaders it’s stereotypical because that is not true!!! I for one know for a fact that many girls aren’t cheerleaders. I know girls who love cheerleading and girls that find cheerleading totally degrading. Things are unfair for many reasons like judging others, stereotyping, and some things are fair for unfair reasons. This world is just a confusing world full of unfair and then totally fair things. Everyone gets what they deserve and that makes it a world where fair things do happen sometimes because unfair things happen.
At first my mom and I were very confused with the game. At the end, we realized that since I was the squarehead, the squarehead judge would give me more points and more time to answer. This made my mom feel that when your treated unfair, you feel confused and you don't understand. One example of unfairness I have experienced was when I used to play soccer. My team mates would always pass to the more advanced players when they weren't even open and I was. This made me not want to play anymore because I felt left out. Almost everyone who commented above me has said that the world is unfair but I disagree. Everyone blames the government for every problem that happens in the world. They don't realize that it is kind of hard to deal with world problems and a bunch of whiny Americans. I say that you should live your life, not complain, and ignore the problems that life may give you.
Once I was treated unfairly in a game. This made me feel upset. This also made me feel angry and sad. In my life some things are unfair. One thing that is unfair in my life is me having to do a lot of my brother’s work. In general are world is unfair. I say this because people get treated differently in different situation. Like in social class a wealthier person would be treated more fairly than a homeless person. In the world we have to start to change fairness and make it better.
First of all the game is defiantly rigged. I played against my sister and it was not fun. I never seemed to get control of the situation. Whenever I was the judge it would be good for me yet not fair. In that game they judged one another on how they looked. When I played that game it made me mad that I couldn't have an equal chance to win as the person I was playing with. It felt as if I had already done something wrong once I had started playing. It felt as if I didnt belong there. My life right now is generally fair; thought there are some times where I don't see how they could ever do that to me then look me in the eye. For example my mom is taking my sister to china, just her. Is it fair that I don't get to go or the rest of my family gets to go? There are people all over the world who are treated unfairly every day. A lot of it has to do with race, discrimination and religion yet there are some people are just treated unfairly because of how they look. When you do this to people you are not giving them a chance. I think fairness in general has to do with how a person sees another person as an individual. When people judge one another they are sending out a message that this one isn't like us and he should be treated different. This is where the other person sees you as unfair because you never gave him a chance to prove himself. Lastly when somebody is treated unfairly you are in a way being untruthful.
Ok. people need to get this through their brains. LIFE IS NOT FAIR. IT NEVER HAS BEEN AND IT NEVER WILL BE. You spend your entire life in competition. it means that somebody has to loose. Someone always looses. Life is a competition by design. We compete for everything. Therefore those of us who fail to compete effectively, will be eliminated. Which brings me to my point. We were not all created with an equal opportunity to compete, as shown in "the game". And we are talking about metaphors in english the other day, so heres a metaphor for you. life is like a game of Poker. You were either born with a really good hand, born with just enough to possibly bluff your way to the winnings, or born with a terrible hand thus having to fold early. (HEY LOOK AT THAT MRS. BARKSDALE, GENETICS!!!) And while the game of Poker is unfair, at least you get a second round. The game of life, however, is not so forgiving. LIFE IS NOT FAIR. END OF STORY. TAYLOR OUT!
The game was unfair, the hosts where being bias against the other players. You would buzz in to answer the question and the hosts that were bias towards you wouldn't let you answer. They would say things like, "you ran out of time." ,when the question was just asked. It didn't really bug me that much but it wasn't right for them to be bias towards someone who is different than them. Remember when you don't get your way and the line you give your parents is, "that's not fair." and their responce is, "life's not fair." This statement is I'm sure one probably every child has heard. The truth is that life is not fair. In my life a lot of things aren't fair, because life's not fair! It wasn't fair that I had to move, or that I couldn't go to my friends house and my brother could. In your life there are always things that aren't fair, like maybe you have the oppurtunity to get a promotion at work, but because you missed a day of work cause of an emergency and then someone who doesn't work as hard as you gets the promotion. In general, life is not fair. Life will never be fair, someone is always going to have more than someone else.
Martin Luther King,Jr., he inspired something incredible to our country. He had a dream of fairness and equality. He was a black man preaching about how our world should live together without prejudice and hate. He inspired people to speak out against these things and he truly is one of the reason I believe that we have an African American President today. If it weren't for Martin Luther King, Jr. I don't think things would be the way they are in our country as they are today.
This is how I view fairness. In life, nothing is fair, people can try as many times as they want to try to change that, but life isn't fair and never will be.
I agree with Conner and Rebekah because it is true that in the game when the square heads were the judge I was given extra time and I thought that was because I answered the question at the right time and got a bonus and I noticed whenever my partner answered the question she would only have 3 seconds to give an answer.Then when the judges switched it changed and I was being treated unfairly. This made me feel angry and didn't make me feel good inside. Being treated unfairly can ruin your self esteem and make you feel terrible, therefore I don't like to be treated unfairly and I don't like when others are treated unfairly also. As many might know life can be very unfair! For example, in my own life I think it is unfair how when my brothers are home from college they don't have to do any chores,but I do.I think that since they are home they should do them so I could sit back and relax.It would be nice, but no.Also back then when southerners owned slaves it wasn't fair because even though the southerners thought they were slaves, they were real people with their own rights that they owned to. The slaves had a right to not be slaves. In conclusion, I do not like unfairness and there shall be no more.
The game was unfair because the judge liked one player better than the other. Conner was right when he said thet when the square heads were judge I was given more time. What's unfair in my life is that my mom sometimes doesn't consider my opion about something. And most of the time when she does, she thinks I am wrong. Our world is in some ways unfair, but in other ways it's not. For example in the game, I noticed that one of the puestions asked when it was legal for black and white people to marry in Alabama. The answer was 2000 when black people became equal in the 1960's. My mom also told me that it still is illegal for whites to marry blacks in some states. I also think that it is unfair how some countries are very wealthy and others are very poor.
i agree with anastazie the game wasnt fair it seemed like the judge like one player better than the other i felt like the other person always got more time to answer the question but this is happening in our country and all over the world it isnt fair.
In the game it seemed un fair because one of the players got 4 times as much points compaired to the other player. But the only thing in the game i saw that was fair was the time. The time limit was 10 seconds for each player. I felt very let down because the other player was braging about winning the game even knowing it was un fair.
This compairs to my life because my brother gets reconition from my family about his swim meets. But on the other hand i barely get noticed at home. So i felt let down during that meet.
This compairs to the world because lots of people have lots of money and there are people beging for there next meal. for exsample, people in haiti have been struck with a 6.0 earthquake yesterday. but early this week they were struck with a 8.0 earthquake. this is unfair because hati is one of the poorest country in the southern hemisphere. so people not impacted should donate to the needed.
I believe the game was unfair. The reason for this is because when cody tried to press the buzzer button thingy it wouldnt let him and it would only let me. The judge, who was a squarehead, supported my team becuase my team was the squareheads. I feel that when im forced to do sports that's unfair. Sometimes i want to be able to just sit back and relax after school but i never really have time because i have to attend sports. I would love to be able to decide weather i was going to play a sport in a season. That way during one season i could take a break and during all the other ones i could attend sports. I definitly dont think that our world is fair in general. Of course even though their's a law about racism i still believe that in some places racism is still around. I've heard stories about members of the Kl Cluz Clan still around and i feel thats totally and completely unfair. Black people should get the exact same rights as whites and be treatd the exact samde way. =]
I lost the game against my little sister. I didn’t really feel bad about losing because you don’t always win in everything you are going to do. But the game itself was unfair because the square judge like the square judge better and the triangle judge liked the triangle judge better. It was pretty annoying when I only had a little time to choose the right answer and my sister could take her time. My mom and I get into fights a lot and it’s not fair because she always thinks she is right and never listens to my side or what I think. Life in general can be unfair, but it needs to be unfair sometimes. If everyone got what they wanted there would be a lot of trouble. But it is very wrong to have discrimination of any kind.
The game was unfair because the first two judges liked one of the contestants better than the other, depending on their race. But, the last judge gave each contestant a fair game. The owl did not favor one or the other.
In my life there are things fair and unfair but I honestly can't tell which is which. Our world is fair and isn't at the same time. Yes, we do allow freedom in our country but do we act like we give people who aren't like us freedom? Blacks, Asians, Indians, etc. all deserve the same amount of fairness that we get. Everyone should be treated fairly and no one should have their way questioned because of what they look like.
I was treated unfairly in the game. It felt very bad and I didn't like it at all. I agree with kyle when he said that he felt that way when the judge said he had three seconds but gave him 20.In my life something that is unfair is, that I have to eat foods that my taste buds don't like. My parents always make me eat some vegetables that don't appeal to me. I wish I liked them, and I do eat them but they taste horrible to me, also with sandwiches. I think that our world isn't fair. An example would be that there are so many things that people do to help others, and there are so many other people that don't do good things. So no matter how hard we try to make things good, other people come in and reverse it to make it bad. People such as criminals do this or even simple enemy's of regular everyday bully's at school. The point im trying to make is life is unfair.
When i was being treated unfairly while playing the game i felt upset. this is because it was almost like it was impossible to win. I think in real life its unfair that adults can do whatever they want, but if we do the same we get punished. Some things in our world are fair, but some just aren't.
The game was unfair because the judge liked one better then the other. For example when the pinhead was the judge the game was unfair against the square heads. When the square head was the judge it was unfair to the triangle one. When the owl became the judge the game became fair. In my life the thing that is not fair is not much bit if i had to pick it would be having to do what your parents want to do. If my parents want to go somewhere and i don't want to, must of the time i have to. Also if i want to go somewhere they usaly don't want to go so i end up not ging. Life is unfair for every body but its also short so the way i look at is that iyou might get mad over something unfair but usaly nothings going to happen. I think that our life is pretty fair. Not every one can get what they want.Martin Luther King Jr help our lives become fair. We might not be 100 percent fair but by having him chage our lives it worked. People aren't as races as they were before Martin Luther King Jr changed them. For the most part we are prety fair towards blacks or other people who are not liked.
I belieave what conner says because every sex are different but that doesnt mean that boys should be treated better than girls or girls more than boys because that is just unfair. If you think about it its like a battle of which sex is better than the other. not just for attention but for athleticism, brilliance, and also love. I mean if a boy turns out to be better than video games than a girl WHO CARES!!!! The girl can be better at jump rope than the boy. (Thats for example.) Dont forget about the game when the owl judge became the came was finally fair but the pinhead was not fair to the square heads its like girls vs boys!!!!
When I played the game with my mom, it gave me a little more than 200 points and I didn’t think it was fair. Then at one time when my mom buzzed in, they gave her about 3 seconds to answer and then it said she ran out of time. Then she was about to hit the button when it said that, and she started screaming about how it wasn’t right how she didn’t get enough time to answer, and then I answered and got it right. This game was not fair for the “squareheads” because one my mom lost when it added 200 points to my score and when it didn’t give her the 10 seconds she had to answer. Of course there are some unfair things in life. If they are little things, most people can get over them. When Martin Luther King Jr. recited his “I Had a Dream” speech, it was all about the white and black people being equal. His speech didn’t take away all unfairness, but it did take away some. Our world isn’t completely fair. Some people are racist, some parents beat their children, and some even make fun of others by what they wear or look like. Our whole world should be fair, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. We as individuals can’t change others to be nice. Maybe we could tell others that they should be kinder to people, but that’s changing one person, not the whole world. Our whole world should be fair.
The game was unfair because the when the pinhead was the judge the game was unfair against the square heads. But when the owl became the judge the game became fair.
ALL GAMES ARE FUN, BUT LIFE CAN SOMETIMES BE A BIG DOWNER. I'M FROM THE CITY AND I'VE HAD SOME REALLY HARD TIMES IN MY OLD SCHOOLS.
....AND THE GAME WAS QUESTIONABLE!!!
...AND LIFE IS NOT FAIR AND THERE ARE ALOT OF UNDESIRABLE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD......P.S TO MANY FAT PEOPLE
just sayin
test test 123
duyfybwldfkjgn
i think this is unfair becauase the opponent has no time to chose an answer if the othere opponent gets the first problem wrong and it is just very un organized
i think this is unfair becauase the opponent has no time to chose an answer if the othere opponent gets the first problem wrong and it is just very un organized
Post a Comment