Terms to know:
A natural right is a right that everyone has from birth and that cannot be taken away.
Quality health care, for our purposes, means having affordable access to high-level doctors, hospitals, and treatments as you need them.
Currently, our representatives in the US Congress and the country as a whole are discussing whether or not receiving quality health care is a natural right. What do you think? Is it, or should it be, a natural right for everyone to receive quality health care? Please explain your answer.
You can connect this issue with people or stories that you know or you can simply provide your ideas.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
110 comments:
You can sign your comment like this.
I definetely think that health care should be a natural right! I think that it is apauling that it is not already. This is because people need health care. Everyone talks about how smoking should be illegal because t is a major risk to your life. The same type of thing applies here. Not having proper health care is a health risk obviously, and kowing that should be enough to convince anyone to pass it as a natural rght.
I agree with Taylor, all people should have access to universal health care, because all living humans have a right to be healthy and have good doctors and hospitals. If there are people without health care then that is like living in the desert and only allow certain people to have water. No matter how rich or poor or different someone may be they should always have a good doctor and a chance at living. Clearly it is just sad that there are some people in the world who can’t afford to go to the doctor when they are sick and sometimes die. But us as kids would give anything to not go to the doctor. It’s like seeing someone on their deathbed and not even caring enough to try to help them. All of the people sitting at their desks in the congress asking themselves whether or not to give us universal healthcare should understand that everyone in the world should have a chance at living. If someone needs surgery because they stepped on a land mine and their whole leg is gone, they deserve to be helped, it should be a right that we have just for being human. Everyone deserves to have a chance to fight for their life
Everyone should have quality health care... and people should get over being independant and actually have someone help them for once. I would want quality health care just incase if i don't have any money for hospital payments. I believe that there is no real reason why everyone doesn't have quality heath care already. It is a natural right and when it comes to health no one should have to have low-level doctors, hospitals, and poor treatment. It's not fair how only some people can have quality health care and others can't. If a member of your family or a close friend of yours needed to go to a hospital for something serious, wouldn't you want them to have the best care they can get?
I feel that health care should be something we all have the right to when we are born. Imagine if one person has a lot of money, therefore is able to receive more and better health care, but someone else who is quite poor has a more serious injury. Now these two people could receive different care. I think that both people should get good health care no matter what. In fact I do not feel that this is something worth arguing about. I think it is so ridiculous that anyone would disagree against having quality health care as a natural right. I agree with Taylor W when he said that it is appalling that quality health care is not already a natural right.
Mr.White...I agree. If people can't get the proper medical help, they could be in serious danger. If you have a an injory or a desiese, you need help, and if you can't get that help, what will happen to you. It's a persons right to be safe and healthy. What if they don't have the money to or insurance to pay for medical bills? Does the government not care? Everyone should have a chance to be saved. People should get the proper help when they need it.
i think the government dosent really notice all of the people that are suffering out there, they only give healthcare to the ones with alot of money
I think health care should be a natural right. All people should have health care. The upper class people should not be the only ones to get health care. the poor and middle class people should get equal care as well. The only people who should not get quality health care are the illegal immigrents.
I believe that people should have natural health care rights. This is because people cannot afford to pay for health care, but it doesn’t mean we should sit around and do nothing. People have a right to be healthy. Are we going to let them suffer? No, we should convince the representatives of the U.S. congress that health care should be a right to all people. People need doctors and attention that right now, they are not getting. Everyone should have equal health care. Not having quality health care for people, is not only affecting them it is affecting us too. And we need to do something.
Im just going to say something to all the commet makers so far...indeed
I think it should be a natural right for everyone to receive quality health care. As people get older, like in their 80’s, they might have health problems and need help by having someone there for them. Also kids need good health care if they get either swine flu, cancer, a deadly disease, or any thing that is dangerous. People have health problems even before they get into their 80’s; if they smoke. When people have cancer as well, they need health care. I know someone who has breast cancer, and she ended up having chemotheropy and is still wearing a wig. She has to still get surgery so she won’t get tumors anymore. A couple weeks ago, my sister, Jaime, one of her friend’s told me that the doctors had found another cancer spot and luckily could squeeze it out so she didn’t end up having chemotheropy again. This is an example of how people who get cancer need health care. Everyone around the world should hae good health care to get good doctors and go to good hospitals like Mike said. This is why I think everyone should be able to receive quality health care.
I couldn’t agree more with Taylor. Man was made to have equal rights, and for certain races and nationalities to have less or no medical care is disgraceful! It most definitely should be a natural right, or this incident could result in inequality. It is a crime to tell someone that he or she doesn’t have “quality” health care due to the state of their job. Health care should come automatically with all jobs, even if they may not qualify. As Martin Luther King, Jr. said, “A right delayed is a right denied.” I can’t believe how we once denied health care to many citizens based on their job and age.
kailee, people arent old when they get 80, THATS NOT OLD!!!!!!
I agree t white. It shouln't even be in the disscussion, not optional. Half the time its not even you who caused it. Like second hand smoking, its not like your the one who pt the but in your mouth. If you dont have health care your in complete serious danger. Its also a personal right. Just like anybody can get their driver's liscence there is not a law saying that certain people can get there liscence and others cant get there's. Same apllies with health care. Everyone should be able to have the chance to be helped. especially when a problem arises.
Believe that health care should be a natural right. I believe this because thousands of Americans are without health care in the United States today. And without health care those people are more vornable to injury. I hope they make this idea a natural right soon so all people are insured. I don’t agree with illegal immigrants having this health care because they weren’t born or even allowed in this country. But if they have proof in that they were born in the United States (passports, birth certificate, ect. And if people with injuries were covered maybe we wouldn’t be in dept.
i think that health care should be given to everyone even if they cant afford it i think that if someone passes on without healthcare their family may not even be able to purchase a casket and that may start riot s and more even
There's only one answer for this, Yes.
I think that everyone should have health care as a natural right. It is important to have health care if you get into an accident. If you don't have health care then when you ge thurt you won't have help.
The reason for saying yes is, for the people that are older and younger they need more health care then others. It really shouldent matter on how high class they are, Old citizens and kids should have more heath care then the adults, seeing as Old people kids get sick oftenly
If people aren’t given the right healthcare, they may get angry and anger can cause fights, and riots.
If someone can’t afford to put their loved one in a grave. I think that if healthcare wasn’t given to everyone there may be the start of a depression. Also if people can't a afford a grave they may resort to raising money in illegal ways; drug dealing, stealing from places, and also other things that may weaken our already fragile economy. With the new president in office we don’t want him to get overwhelmed with his already stressful job. By doing this we are adding to the problems in the economy and if we didn’t get proper healthcare I’m sure bad things would happen, making it a lot harder for our president.
I do agree with this blog 100%. I agree with this blog because everyone in the U.S.A. deserves to be healthy and treated right with respect. I understand that people in the U.S.A. can’t afford much because of our ecominmy. I also understand that basically every one out of ten people in America can’t afford food. The food banks are running out of food and we are almost out of options to help are country become bank erupt. It’s obvious that the less food there is in America the more people become ill and weak. This makes it even harder because people can’t afford health insurance or a doctor. Are country defiantly needs alot of help and changes with health and the economy and I hope to believe President Obama can make it good lives for America.
Of course it should be a natural right!! When people are injured or are seriously sick they should be able to get the help that they need. I'm going to agree with Nate on saying that it definitely is a person’s right to feel safe and healthy. No one should feel worried about getting sick because they won't get the help that they need. Especially those who can't afford the medical care that everyone else can get. If everyone didn't have health care and someone got seriously sick but couldn’t get the right medicine, they would be spreading it around and tons more people would get sick. Think of how bad that would turn out to be. It would end up getting really bad it would just be horrible. So in my opinion everyone should be able to get health care even if you think it's not a natural right.
I think that everyone should have health care as a natural right. It is important to have health care if you get into an accident or if you are born with a problem or if you have special need. If you don't have health care then when you get hurt or are really in health trouble you won't have help. Everyone should be able to get help. Some people don’t have the money. They know they should get it but they don’t have the money. I agree that everyone deserves health care when they are born. There should be no exceptions.
I feel that people should have health care as a natural right. If we don't what about the babies born with defects? How do you take health care away from them when all they know how to do is cry? The leaders of our country are supposed to care about their people if they don't give everyone in our country health care, they obviously don't care about the people in America therefore they should not be running our country. If you are citizen of the United States of America you should have health care as a natural right. We need health to live a happy and healthy life. I feel that no one in the U.S. should be denied of health care. No one should have to suffer because they can’t afford health care. Americans need health care so yes it should be a natural because we need it.
The reason for saying yes is, for the people that are older and younger they need more health care then others. It really shouldent matter on how high class they are, Old citizens and kids should have more heath care then adults. seeing as Old people and kids get sick oftenly.
I think that this should be an natural right.Everyone should have health care. What happens if you are seriously sick and didnt have insurance then what are supposed to do? It isnt far that if you and someone else has the same illness but you die cause the other person gets better care. No one should worry about being sick everyone should feel that they are going to get help and be ok. What if you cant efford medical care? Everyone should have have the same medical as one in other
No. I don’t think it should be a natural right for people to have healthcare. I think people should be responsible and find a way to get healthcare on their own. Taxpayer dollars cover people with no healthcare. Why should taxpayers have to pay for someone else’s insurance? Who knows, you could be paying for an illegal immigrant’s healthcare when they shouldn’t even be here. If someone got injured and didn’t have healthcare, they could just go to the emergency room, where they could be treated for free. In addition, people with no healthcare would be depending on other people to pay for their needs. It would make people who pay for their insurance lose their inscentive to buy anymore. Then everyone would have healthcare paid for by everyone else. That’s messed up!
I think that when your born you should have the natural born right to have health care when your born. Many people have died in the past because they can’t afford health care. That is a very sad thing in life, especially when you are in your eighties and you catch a cold or your hip or shoulder starts to bother you. You can get that fixed, especially since your not old yet. But when you see these people dieing and you wonder why? Well I know why, its because they probably didn’t make much money when they had a job, and when your back, hip or shoulder bothers you, you can’t do many things. This is all because we weren’t born with Universal Health Care! People should start stepping up and help the injured…. people should give patients what they need and help the injured; not help them die. Even if they could cough up some money from somewhere they still need to pay for mortgage and groceries and a lot of other things; so this could put them in debt. People who smoke or get cancer, the flu or even just a stomach bug, will probably need health care. And that’s what we should give them, not some doctor who just does the poor but the doctor who does both rich or poor and helps them evenly. When you think about the kids who’s parents can’t afford health care, that’s not their fault; we should give their kids and them what they need. I agree with anyone who thinks that poor or rich we both deserve the same level health care.
I think everyone should have quality health care rights. Just because you have more money than some people doesn’t mean that you can get better health care. We should all be able to get equal and fair health care. Its sort of like in the 1900, when people of different races were thought better than others. If your richer, you don’t get a better hospital and operation just because you can pay for it, you get it because you need it. I think its amazing that the government is actually debating if they shouldn’t give some people better health care than others. If they aren’t United States citizens, they should still be able to get it, because we are all humans, with the same rights and everything.
I definitely believe that good healthcare should apply to everyone when born. Many people die because of bad healthcare. If the people saying only rich people should have good healthcare, then I think they should put themselves in a poor persons shoes and see how they feel. Poor people deserve to live and not just survive. They should be able to be cured instead of just letting die.They are people just like us. No good healthcare puts you at a great risk. So everyone deserves it. So everyone should have it for a low price.
I definitely believe that good healthcare should apply to everyone when born. Many people die because of bad healthcare. If the people saying only rich people should have good healthcare, then I think they should put themselves in a poor persons shoes and see how they feel. Poor people deserve to live and not just survive. They should be able to be cured instead of just letting die.They are people just like us. No good healthcare puts you at a great risk. So everyone deserves it. So everyone should have it for a low price.
I absalutly think health care should be a natral write. Many people are dieing every day because people cant aford health care. Also I think all babies and people should have a chance at life. I think every one should have a equal amount of health care. The poor are getting sick and all of the ritch people are getting all the care they want when there is people in despret need for health car. I also agree that all people should be treated equaly. And everone should all have eqaul scilled docters.
I agree with everybody that thinks you need it because this is a very important thing to have. If you don’t have this and you get hurt or sick then it will be very hard to heal and sometimes it’s a life or death situation! I can see many people are complaining now becuase they don’t have it and I think it is getting out of hand. I think everybody shoulnd get health care because it’s the right thing to do and it will help many people in this world. Also it is stupid to treat rich people better than poor people I cant imagine that saying you’re to poor to get help. I think it all comes down to the people in the world we have the choice we are the ones with the power and I say everybody shoulnd be treated equally no matter who they are!
I pretty much agree with everyone who has commented on this so far. Everyone deserves a right to be healthy and have a shot at life right? Right. I can’t even imagine what people that can’t afford health care or don’t have it go, would or will go through. We all know that if you go to the Emergency Room, you have to be treated right there, but think about this: you get cut on your foot and it’s very deep and you may need stitches or something. But your parents can’t afford health care. It develops an infection, and your foot needs to be amputated. If more people thought about how health care should be a natural right, then I feel that things might not get to the point where you need to go to the Emergency Room to get something amputated. Everyone should be entitled to health care. Lincoln didn’t have that health care should be a natural right from birth in one of his famous speeches. But I think it should’ve been added because hey, If you’ve made it this far, you should be at least given the right to have the benefit of health care. Everyone deserves to be healthy and live, even if they can’t afford it. That’s all I can say ( and think of ) for now!
I honstly think that quality health care is very important to us and that its deffinitly great! It really helps people for when they need it but they don’t have the money to afford it. They can just get quality health care.I know that many health care places rip you off and people loose their money. But having a quality health care system can really save you from dept . There are many americans in the U.S. that deserve to be healthy and treated respectfully. Not giving us health care can cause worse this like hate on the president for not letting this happen and we don’t want that.President Obama is a wise man and I know that he will decide the right for americas to get quality health care.
I believe that health care should be a natural born right. I actually thought they wouldn’t even debate because it so oviously it we need it. I believe this because when people get older and then eventually retire they will not be able to go back to work and make more money in order to pay. Also the proublem is when people get older their bodies become sick more often, and when they fall they usually break something because they have weaker bones. Also like Sean Green said, “That it is stupid to treat rich peple better than poor people, I cant imagine that saying your to poor to get help.” I have totally agree with Sean. It’s not like the government cant afford it with all taxpayers money like what Nathan said. We definitely need change!
I believe that health care is something that anyone should be able to have. Everyone deserves a shot to go on in life, and if there’s something that can help but is unobtainable due to cost, that doesn’t seem fair. I think for serious ailments, it is absolutely necessary. But one problem that could rear it’s ugly head, is how much it’ll cost. If everyone starts having health care, it’ll cost a ton. It could cost hundreds of billions, and we may not have enough. I defiantly think we should revamp our system, but how drastically is up for debate.
I do think that health care should be a natural right. Just because you don’t have as much money as another person, why shouldn’t you be as healthy? Some people can’t help not being able to afford health care. If people don’t have very much money, why should their life be even worse because thy can’t get health care? In the Declaration of Independence, it says that everyone is entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. For some people, affordable health care could be the difference between life and death. So the Declaration of Independence does kind of say that health care is a natural right. Not giving people health care when they need it is almost like murder. So I do agree that health care is a natural right.
I don’t know what I belive in yes I think some people should have health care but not everyone because hear me out everyone who hates me right now I reakize everyone is elageble for health care except I don’t think people who abuse their body get healt care people who do drugs or smoke or steroids can have health care but I don’t think they deserve it
I think that health care should be given to everyone that needs it or that will ever need it. I also think that everyone should feel that they are safe, and if they get hurt or sick that’s when you really need health care. I think that if you take it away from the people that really need it such as the elderly, then they won’t be able to afford health care when they really need it! I mean what are the old of yours and my community going to do about health care? Because I can guarantee you that half of them can’t even afford health care now, so what about a year from now?
All people should have a right to have health care. Everyone deserves to be healthy,have a good doctor, and a good hospital. People should just give up their prideand let others help them. It should be a natural right, not something that you can or can’t have. What if you don’t have enough money for medical bills, medacines and other things you need to stay healthy? It’s an obvious risk to your health so why shouldn’t it be a natural right? Everyone knows how sad it is when somebody dies just because they can’t afford the cure. In my opinion it makes no sense for it not to be a natural right.
I believe that a Natural Right is a very impeccably awesome thing to have in America. Such as when some people may have cancer at a really long age some parents or guardians wont be able to afford any surgeries for the children causing them to get sicker and have a less likely chance to live. Or maybe a children may have a very rare illness such as hemophilia and possibly family or a guardian wont be able to afford anything for the poor child. There for having healthcare for all Americans at birth would be superb! It would save lives of many people in America. Having quality healthcare is something that is very important to myself all Americans she receive healthcare because many families can’t afford it at all causing issues like some families may be encouraged to break into a supermarket or some store and steal something (Not that it is likely to happen but things can happen.) Many families might not be able to afford to purchase the right medicine for themselves or family members. For our elderly people having healthcare is an important thing because some of the people wont be able to afford any medications for themselves there for putting them at risk of lessening there life or becoming even more ill or not able to pay for surgeries. That is something that is very important to me and all Americans should have a Natural Right is important for all Americans.
Hello Aaron here, I am here today to talk about Universal health care. Recently the government has been having meetings with each state about the topic. People should always be able to have health care no matter what emergency or health problem they are having. Many people in this country do not have proper health care which will be a major effect to their health in years to come. All human beings should have the right to have a place to get treated or have a doctor they go to at any hour in the day. People should not have to be wealthy to have good health care, All people in the United States of America should have the same rights, that’s following words said by many famous Americans, for example Martian Luther King who gave his life for Americans just like you and me to be treated equally and have all the same rights, and have good health care. I don’t know about you but I definitely think that the government should pass this as a natural right of America.
I do beleive that people should have health care. What I don't think is right is that many people think that because your richer you get more health care, you might get better health care. Many people can't afford proper health care cause they don't have a job. You should go out and get a job and don't wait for the government to give you your monthly salary. People need to learn how to take care of themselves instead of waiting for help. Sometimes you can't help it, and sometimes you are working hard and you can't afford it. But life isn't fair! If everything was fair, there wouldn't be better health care. You would have the same health care. And it's survival of the fittest. If we, us as a country keep trying to save people by giving them all these vaccines that are supposed to help you fight the disease, it is onlyzgoing to make you weaker. Our bodies need to be able to build up an immune system. If we keep finding all these new ways to "help" fight these diseases, it's only going to weaken you. I do believe in health care, but why if I work harder to earn more money and can afford better health care, do I have to have the same health care as someone who waits for a salary? I believe in health care, but I'm not going to take a hand-out.
I believe that all people should have this right. Because what if your mom got hurt and didn't have health care. So who would you call, who would you going to go to? So befor you complain, think about what i just said. And Dakota, every one should have health care. This way every one can have the same writes, isn't that what alot of people fought for, such as Martin Luther King. And if you were a mexican that came up here for a new life, and a t work you get hurt, and you just relized you don't have nation wide, or somthing. Then your boss says he won't cover you. Were do you go, who do you call? So what happens, you pay for all your injuries, then you miss work, witch may cause you to lose your car then house then everything.
So what do you guys think about that, Huh?
I think that everybody should have quality healthcare, I think this because just because someone doesn’t have enough money for healthcare doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be covered. What if someone gets sick and they don’t have healthcare they would just suffer and not get the attention they need. The only people that shouldn’t get healthcare are illegal immagrants.
Heath care should be a natural right because everyone deserves to be healthy even if there not already than just fell behind in life, but they should still have a chance to redeem themselves. Not everyone has a perfect heath just some are closer than others so people should want to help the unfortunate so it would make the world a better place. The insurance people might be losing money but in the end they still make money because more people will want to choose them because they help the unfortunate.
Ok this is very confusing but try and follow me. I do think that most people deserve quality health care. But some people really don’t deserve it. Like people that hurt there bodies by being stupid and smoking and doing drugs. And also some people gamble and lose their money. Those people weren’t responsible and didn’t use their money wisely. But then other people that are going through a hard time and work really hard got fired. Those people deserve quality health care because they have earned it. It’s a very hard economy and everyone needs help with the money problems that are going on.
I think that health care should be given to everyone equally no matter what. Havn’t we been through the whole “everyone’s equal ” thing once blacks and all nationalities were decided equal to whites? So shouldn’t having more money or less money be the exact same thing as that? That means that everyone should get the same health care as everyone else. Personally if someone in my family got a serious injury and my family didn’t have proper health care then we wouldn’t be able to afford it because I’m one of those types of people without a lot of money. In my opinion, I think everyone should have equal health care no matter what.
Yes, I think that quality healthcare is a natural right. Everyone should be able to get healthcare that is affordable. They should also get doctors and hospitals and treatments that are high-level. This should be a natural right because people should definatley have this as a right from birth. And it shouldn't be taken away. When the economy is this bad, people should be able to aford medication and doctors. Say a man who has to support his family, but doesn't have a job that can pay for his doctor breaks his leg, or get cancer, then what does he do? He can't afford a doctor so is he supposed to die? veryoen should have the same treatment. Even if one person if poorer than the other. Healthcare should definatley be a natural right.
*every one
I think that health care should be a nautral right because health is a key factor in having a happy life. Everyone knows that everyone wants to have a healthy life. If someone can't afford it that doesnt mean, they shouldnt be hepled. Everyone should have equally trained doctors, no matter who they are. Having health care is a natural right because no matter who you are if you can't afford it they should be able to help you pay for it. They can't say, "Oh, sorry were not going to help you just because you dont have the moeny." Because of race, gender, or relgion. This is why I think that health care should be a natural right.
I agree with everyone i think people should have a natural right to health care. No one should have to worry about not being able to see a doctor if they don't have a lot of money. I also agree with what Taryssa said about people who do drugs and ruin their health. What i don't understand is that if people get free healthcare, who pays for it? Would we get higher taxes to pay for someone who did drugs and can't afford to pay hospital bills? I still think everyone has a natural right to healthcare, but not people who do drugs and smoke.
I think that quality health care should most definitely be a natural right. For example, one person in the U.S turns out to be poor; the other turns out to be wealthy. Both get injured in an accident, but only the wealthier of the two can afford quality health care. How can it be fair that the wealthier person can have quality health care just because they are wealthy? It doesn’t make sense. These two people should both have the same natural rights. Not just these two people, EVERYONE should have the same natural rights. Even if the person hurts themselves by doing drugs or smoking, everybody deserves a second chance and affordable quality health care as a natural right.
I'm back and better than ever health care is okay i will admit but the hood should get the first choice and overall protection.
okay health care is the most amazing thing ever and every American breathing should have the right to have universal health care.
I agree with what a lot of people say because yes, some people don't have heath care especially children and some parents can not pay for health care. That is why most of the younger generation are getting very sick like types of cancers, H1N1 (swine) flu, diseases, and all of this is deadly. If you get in an accident and got seriously injured. You need health care.I believe that this is what happens when you do not have health care.
so everyone should have it.
Health care is so sexy .
i love health care yes i do love it yes
health care is awesome example of how great this country is
santé publique est la chose très agréable et extrêmement fraîche je veux dire que ma mamie est morte parce qu'elle n'avait pas de santé publique. j'aime le soin de halth très beaucoup becuase il a aidé ma famille de beaucoup de façons et je vais me tuer dans environ 20 minutes après que je suis fait elle et ensuite il n'y aura plus personne dans le monde avec le plus grand nom ..... le gamin donc je suis une légende blogging et tous d'entre vous les gens dans vos voitures et dans vos bureaux et merde s'en souviennent mieux tous d'entre vous j'ai eu extrêmement la longue période comme un blogger et je l'aimerai toujours avec tout mon coeur ainsi goodnight et au revoir à tous d'entre vous petits garçons et filles goodnight ........................ être continué
я - очень хороший человек да, я - я ношу очень причудливые часы целый день да, я делаю я - лучший студент, которого мир мог когда-либо спрашивать относительно и тот ребенок, который пошел в мой дом SSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIZZZZEEEEEE к Вам к Вам маленький одержимый ребенок, который является очень средним ко мне и всем моим друзьям и моей семьи, которую я буду всегда любить со всем моим сердцем и всем моим телом, Вы являетесь худшим человеком в мире Вы, немного ошибки возглавляет мальчика
ja ging der Junge sein Hund ja spazieren er tat
não sou que pequeno menino que você pensa que sou brouhaha você é aquele que pagará para o que você fez na sua vida
Okay so as everyone said HEALTH CARE IS A MUST!! People just can not have health care. What I mean is that does the government want everyone to die or get seriously sick? Does the government want less population?
The problem is that there are many bad things in the world to hurt us so why not just protect us by giving us quality health care.For example,if someone breaks an arm they would have to go to a doctor to get it fix. Lets just say that the people are poor so they cant afford it,well if they had health care coverage then they would be okay and get there arm fixed. In conclusion, giving quality health care should be a natural right!
It’s absolutly a right! It’s like a right to live. I agree with Taylor, it’s a crime that health care isn’t already natural right! It goes hand in hand with the right to live. It’s the right to live without suffering from illness. Everyone is born with a right to live, everyone was born equal. So why can't we be born with the right to health care and the right to EQUAL healthcare. I agree with everyone that Health care is a must for everyone!
I agree with everyone. Healthcare should be given to everyone no matter who you
are. Most of the time you have to pay alot for healthcare or you get it with a
job. Well it shouldn't matter what job you have because not everyone gets it. It should definatly be a natural right because everyone has the right to be
healthy. I know from personal experiences that if you have one small injury and go to the hospital for it costs so much. And if you get sick and have to have medicines prescribed to you a few times every year it adds up. I really think that universal healthcare should be a natural right.
I do think everyone should have access to quality health care. A majority of people in the United States do not have money to pay for quality health care. If we have a health care system that everyone can afford then more people will be able to see the doctor when they are sick. If good healthcare is offered to everyone there will be fewer arguments in the government about medical coverage and fewer fights will occur among the people. People often complain about the lack of health care and if there is a health care system for everyone more people will get along. Good medical coverage is something that everyone should have access to. This will let families put money towards other things instead of paying large fees for doctor visits. I think everyone should have quality healthcare available for themselves and their families.
I believe that health care should be a natural right for everyone. I believe this because it would not be fair to others if only select people got the right to have quality health care and others did not get to have it. They say life isn’t fair, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be in this situation. When people are seriously injured, or very ill, they shouldn’t get the short end of the deal. Those people should also get the benefits of quality health care. Why should they not get the same treatment as those who have excellent health care? It’s simply unfair. Now take two people, a wealthy person, and a person who isn’t as fortunate, and if both of them were injured whom do you think would get better care? The wealthy person, of course. That doesn’t seem too fair to me at all! When I was younger, and my dad was laid off, our family was able to keep our health care and insurance, but we were forced to only have catastrophic coverage because it was what we could afford. When my brother, Matt, broke his pinky, unfortunately, what we had did not cover it. For something as small as a pinky, it could cost as much as five thousand dollars! That might seem like nothing or not much, but when there is only one parent in the household working, it can mean so much. If everybody had health care as a natural right things like what happened to my family, wouldn’t have to happen. Health care should be something that nobody can take away from you. Nobody.
I think that it should be a natural right for people to have health care, because I think everyone should be able to go to doctors or hospitals when they are sick and get treated for it, by good doctors, not doctors who are low-level because you can’t afford good health care. If your children were really sick and you couldn’t bring them to the doctors to get the care they needed to live, just because you didn’t have insurance to pay for them how are you supposed to pay for it.
but i also agree with nathan, that i dont think that we should pay for everyone, that people should just go to hospitals if they cant afford it.
i agree with anonymous up there ^_^ everyone shud have KABLAMY health care =]
yes, yes they should
hmm.. they shud also care about MY PANTS.
MAH PANNNTTTSS.
I think that health care should be a natural right. This is because not many people can afford for hospital payments. If someone is sick, and they can't afford to pay for help, and they don't have health care, they may be in trouble. Nobody should have to worry about dying if they're still young, and if they had health care they wouldn't have to worry as much.
KaL3o Br33cKn3R
I believe that people should be able to have health care. Not having health care is dangours. So if some familys cant affored it they are at a serious risk. If you or friend and family member have a deadly injury or disease and no quality health care you need help! What are we going to do, let them suffer? It isnt fair if a rick upper class person is being treated for a disease that a lower class person is dieing from! I think the Amerian people of all class should be treated to the serious matter of health care!
i agree with ken that they should work for there health care. i mean after there all better they can work off there exspences. like maybe working as a janotor or as a nurse or a macanic for one of those portible medicine robots. so then after they pay it off they can go back to there regular lives.
I think quality healthcare is somthing that not just everyone in the United States should have but everyone in the world should have. Parents, Teachers and children all have the right to have all of their healthcare problems taken care of. Imagine your gross income is 30,000 dollars a year and your trying to support a family of 4 or more on that salary. With the price of food,gas, car insurance, and bills you have absolutely nothing left for your health. That's why everyone has the right to free education as well as healthcare.
i think everyone should have health care but is it a natural right?
You should have health care, but not everyone does, and that is dangerous. If you got hurt you would have no support.
Quality health care should be a natural right because people die from colds and diseases and health care should not be delayed. There should be a donation to have health care. If a person gets sick, he or she should get medical care. This should be a right because if it is not, all of the people will die if we don’t do something to help them now!
I dont think that everyone should have quality health care, and i also think they should. i think this because if people dont have enough money they shouldnt be able to have health crae takin away form others. I also think it should because if someone that is about to die they will need health care and they will get it. so listen to what im sayinnnn!!!!!
I think everybody should have health care. I think this because if somebody get an injury and they dont have health care the will have to pay thousands if they have to get surgery on it. In this economy people can not be afford to pay that type of money. I am 110% for this. So let everybody have health care as a natural right.
I agree Ken B! Health care should be a privallage! I mean why pay for your safty?! What if you cant afford health care then what will you do be sick without attention! Also what if your kids are sick and need medical attention? Or even go to the er! How are you going to pay that off! Like I said healthcare should be a priviledge!!!
I think everybody deserves to have health care. A lot of people can't pay for it and that is a major problem. People get sick everyday and if they can't pay to get better that is a really messed up. EVERYONE MOST DEFINITELY FEELS BETTER WHEN THE ARE HEALTHY!!!!!
I think it would be horrible to know if someone died because they didn't have health care. Everybody should have health care as soon as they are born. It should be a natural right!!!!! Government or whoever controls this stuff should iron out the plan or revise something new that can basically work out for everybody. word!
Health care should be a natural right, because everyone rich or poor should be able to access treatment for serious injuries and illness. The people that can't afford it are usually ignored, because nothing is free and the doctors need to get paid; a solution to this problem is the people that can't afford health care should instead of paying the thousands of dollars they could just pay hundreds of dollars.
I think that health care is a natural right. I believe that everyone in this discussion has a valid point. Health care is a very important subject and many people have different and often very strong opinions. I think health care is essential for every American. If you don't have it then you are at risk for going into serious debt. Just one little injury can cost so much. Going to the hospital for just a simple thing as stitches can cost almost one- thousand dollars. Imagine if you get in a serious accident and you have to get surgery. Imagine how expensive that will be if you don’t have the option of health care. I disagree with Nathan O. about people who cannot afford health care can go to the emergency room and get it for free. It is not free. The poor person might not have to pay but someone does and that someone is everyone else. We pay in higher insurance payments and higher hospital and doctor fees. I also don’t think it is fair to exclude illegal immigrants from health care because it is hard to get into this country legally and I think everyone should be treated equally. That is what our country stands for.
I think health care should be a natural right. I am angered that it isn’t already. Not having health care is very dangerous. It should be a natural right because if someone gets injured and can’t work people will not be able to pay their bills. Imagine that getting injured is bad enough and then being thousands of dollars in debt. In the constitution it states “every man is created equal” and in this case that means that no matter rich or poor you should have the natural right to be healthy, insured, and safe. I really hope soon Barack Obama health care will be a natural right.
I think that not everyone should have helth care because for the people that can afford it they should have it but if u cant aford it.
I definitely think that health care is a natural right, I mean just imagine if you were sick, or injured and couldn’t get the proper help that you needed. How would you feel about that situation? I agree with Mike Y, it doesn’t matter how wealthy or poor someone is to get the right care. And everyone says that our country is the greatest country, well, how great would it be if our citizens were getting injured, or sick or having diseases and maybe even dying because they can’t get the help that they need. Now how does that make our country look? It just doesn’t seem fair that if someone doesn’t have the money to go to a doctor that they should get even more sick because they couldn’t afford care. Care, that’s a key word here, I think. Clearly, as some people said, the government doesn’t care if people don’t get the help they need. They pretty much only care about the people who can afford it get help. If someone can’t pay for a treatment, or a doctor’s visit, or a hospital room, where do they go? I mean, seriously, everyone should have the same ability to get health care in the U.S. Okay, so that’s all I can think of to say right now, k bye.
I absolutely think people should have quality health care. Everydy people are dieing just because they din't have quality health care.I think people should be able to go to a doctor or a hosptal so they can get treated for the sickness or injury they have. Every day people are having conversations turn into fights about quality health care being a natural right. People should have health care as soon as they are born. The government doesn't even care that people are dieng everyday just becasue they don't have quality health care.Health care is a very strong subject and often people have different and very strong opinions. If you have children who are really sick and you have to take them to the doctors or the hospital how are you supposed to pay for it. That means they might lose their lives just because you din't have quality health care.
I believe that health care should be giving to you at birth. Everyone needs it to help them pay for things like, shots for all kinds of vaccines that would help others, too so they won’t get sick. The H1N1 virus is out. If you get H1N1 and you don’t have quality health care, you will get very sick. Also, you can harm others by spreading it. So my point is that everyone should have it when they are born. I say all this because things are spreading and needs to stop.
O.M.G Drew Learn to use grammar...
I strongly believe that health care should be a natural right. It is ridiculous how it isn’t already! Don’t you think that everyone has a right to get good treatments when needed? What if someone has a serious injury and can’t afford to pay the medical bills? What will happen? Will the government just let them suffer? And what is with wealthy people getting better health care because they are rich? People should get equal health care even if they are rich or poor. We are humans, we are supposed to be civilized, letting people suffer and lose their homes because they go bankrupt from not being able to pay the outrageous medical bills isn’t the most civilized thing. Basically, the government really needs to fix this crisis and give everyone great healthcare!
Health Care is impeccably important to many people around the globe. I mean seriously after watching many episodes of CSI:NY i have learned quite a few things from the television show including philosophy and other many useful stuff that is needed in forensic science. People can get into terrible situations in this life which is just heartbreaking even to think about! Healthcare is something all Americans deserve such as maybe losing a limb from a shooting (I know how likely thats gonna be!) Without healthcare that is going to be an issue. Although I would suggest that no illegal immigrants deserve to have healthcare at least in this country. Illegal people who illegally enter this country in search of jobs and new life they could at least do it legally instead of illegally i find it pretty pathetic. Thats what I believe about healthcare.
Health Care is impeccably important to many people around the globe. I mean seriously after watching many episodes of CSI:NY i have learned quite a few things from the television show including philosophy and other many useful stuff that is needed in forensic science. People can get into terrible situations in this life which is just heartbreaking even to think about! Healthcare is something all Americans deserve such as maybe losing a limb from a shooting (I know how likely thats gonna be!) Without healthcare that is going to be an issue. Although I would suggest that no illegal immigrants deserve to have healthcare at least in this country. Illegal people who illegally enter this country in search of jobs and new life they could at least do it legally instead of illegally i find it pretty pathetic. Thats what I believe about healthcare.
Everyone should have quality health care as a natural right. This is very important because anyone could get sick and if they don’t have access to health care there aren’t many other options for those people. But whats the point to have high level doctors when more than half the people in America wont be able to use them. When people are sick they should have every right to get treated for whatever condition you may have. And what if they can't pay for that medical care? This is where the quality health care comes in. Although this healthcare should be for U.S. citizens only. What if some illegal allien crossed the border with cancer? Should he be allowed U.S. health care? No, this is why quality health care should only be for those citizens of the U.S. So what if someone else is richer than you, everyone as a citizen should get the same level of medical care no matter what your social status is! If I need special medical but my family can't afford it, and someone wealthier than can get access to that health care, it really shouldnt matter because the health care is meant for any citizen who should need it.
I think that Universal Health Care is good. I only think this is good for tax payers. People that do not pay taxes and are not US citizens should not have Universal Health Care unless they are dying. I think that if they get treated and they are not tax payers the government should take away everything they have to pay for the metical bill. I think this is fair because some random person with a bad illness could not just come to the US just to get treated by doctors. Plus if you have a bad illness and u can’t pay to get treated you could spread the illness to other people in the world. This is why I think we should have Universal Health Care.
I think you should have health care. it should be a natural right when you are born. I'ts not fair for people to get sick and die because they don't have as much money as other people. You should not be pur in that position
I do not think health care should be a natural right. I think people should have to earn it. Sure some people might not have as good health care as somebody else, but at least they have it. It doesn't mean the doctors are any better, it just means some people payed more or less money for a specific health care plan. For example, people who smoke do that to themselves. They could be perfectly healthy, but they chose not to. Do you think people who do that to themselves deserve the easy way out? That just because they have health care they can smoke because they have heath care that they don't need to pay for?
I know it's mean but that is what I believe.
I definitely think that quality healthcare is a natural right. I don’t think that how wealthy someone is should also determine whether they are healthy or not. If you have a serious injury or illness, you should always have access to some sort of treatment. If you don’t have health, than what DO you have? I feel that health is definitely on the top of the list. I am absolutely shocked that quality health care has not already been made a natural right. No one deserves to be put through the misery of being ill or injured and having to know that it’s all because you don’t have enough money. It definitely shouldn’t matter at all how much money you have. Everyone should receive the same health care. If somebody in my family had a serious illness or injury, and needed help, but we don’t have as much money as a wealthier family and couldn’t afford it, we would be cut off and ignored. This makes me sick. Any citizen that needs health care should get it. No matter how wealthy they are. It’s only fair. Health care should be a natural right.
I do think that people should have heath care. It is important that people are safe and can get help when they need it. WIth out heath care some people can't pay to get care and then they get sick, so idf eveyone had heath care then people would be safe.
I strongly believe that every human should have quality health car as a natural right. Health care is right up there with food and shelter. If someone were to end up with a deadly disease and no health care than they could possibly die or spread the disease to other people. Some people can't afford it either so it should definately be a natural right.
What strikes me is that the richer people vote for the non free healthcare. This surprises me bacause it means that they don't care about the lower class as long as they get what they want. It's mean because it's basically saying "I don't care if they die.
I think that it each and everyone should get the same health care. i think this because it would not be fair if only the rich people were to get good health care and poor people couldnt get health care at all. I feel this way because if some one who gets absolutely no health care at all got hurt they cant just be left untreated, thats totally not fair at all!I also cant beleive how the rich people that can afford health care believe that if the people who cant afford health care and get hurt , they shouldnt get treated because its their falt the dont make an honest living in order to get those privliges!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment