- Take a look at the map on the link below. Spend some time examining the map and understanding what the map is showing. http://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/fast_facts/resources/state_fact_sheet.php
- Take a look at the numbers on this page: http://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/fast_facts/levels_of_office/documents/elective.pdf
- Last, examine the numbers on this page: http://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/fast_facts/voters/documents/genderdiff.pdf
Once you have looked at all of this, use the data that you have seen to write a formal paragraph about men, women, voting, elections, and politics. What numbers strike you as interesting or important? What has the impact of the 19th amendment been? Do women and men have equal power in politics?
The best responses will also respond to the ideas of classmates. Eight or more sentences are required for full credit. Use the data from the web sites as evidence to support your insight.
72 comments:
Wow really.... cant believe im going to be the first comment... Tom Ascenzi
I am rethinking on what i think about men and women having equal rights. I think now women have more power because there is more of them and more of them vote. Men and women have the same rights but there is more women so they have more power. The impact of the 19th amendment had been a great impact. Now more women then men vote. 16.8% of the people in the house of reps are women. I would think more of the people would be women in the house of reps. It also strikes me that 17 out of 100 people in the senate are women.
-Tom Ascenzi
Ohh and by the way... IM ON A BOAT!
The map was showing the amount of female representatives in each state Colorado had the least at 10%and south Carolina had the most at 39%. I read that women in almost every state who are old that the vote age vote more than men do. I think men and women are equal in this mainly because they are voting more than men are.
#2 The irwinator rulz
Logicly it seems that the men have a high voting rate than the females in the presidental election vote from 1964 to 2004. And the whole thing would seem elogical because the women have less voting numbers.
Emily Anderson
What really suprised me was the last page that we looked at. It said that in all more women vote than mean do. This just proves theat the 19th amendment was good because women are actually taking advantage of it. On the first page that we looked at I was a little suprised at some states that had very few women representetives and also suprised by some states that han a lot. On the 2nd page that we looked at I was a little suprised because Colorado had the highest percentage of women state legslators. What also suprised me was that the percentage in Connecticut was only 31.6%. What I also felt was pretty cool from this was that the percentage of women in Elective Offices has increased. Also, the percentage of the women state legislature has increased by 10.6% which is very good.
I was amazed. It was really interesting to see how the opinions on women’s voting rights changed throughout time. All the numbers are pretty much saying the same thing. The numbers increase a lot over time. For example in 1979 the percent of women in congress went from 3% to 16.8%. That must also connect to the fact that more women then men are voting nowadays. I really don’t know what to think of that. It really astounds me that people don't vote. That is saying that they don't wish to participate in their own governments. The map was thought provoking also. It showed that Connecticut was in the top ten rating for how many women are in our governments. that’s something positive for our state at least. It is also reassuring to know that equality in the polls is steadily growing.
Wow, really guys? Were having fights over who comments first and who says their on a boat more times than the other? Were cool. But pertaining to the question asked, I did have a little moment of “Whoa, there are many women voting out there.” More then men most of the time as well. But does this surprise me? Yes and no. I’m not surprised that women have been voicing their political opinions since the 19th amendment. What did surprise me was the mass that women have been voting in. For example in 2004, there were about 67 million women votes out there. THAT IS A LOT. Compared to the 53 million guys voting. Is there any logical answer to this interesting statistic? Not necessarily. In my opinion Women just like/want to vote. But there could be thousands of more specific answers, but I don’t want to dive into all of those. It would take me hours to name every possible answer. So I’m going to end this on that note, with a little Fin, at the end.....FIN.
I think its crazy that some places in the country are so different from one another. for example the state of washington has only 1-10 in it where colorado [ which isn't far away from Washington] has the most in the country. how could it be that its that drastically different a few states up. I agree with emily deane to about how theres now about 17% women in congress to where 30 years ago it was only 3% I think this trend is only going to increase because its becoming more and more of a womens workplace.
-TRavis
Hmmm...I'd say all of this information is interesting and very surprising. Usually people would think that men would be the ones to have a bigger percentage of votes but in this case, that is not so. After looking at all of these statistics, I am proud that women have such a powerful say in our country's decisions today. It says that out of 535 seats in the 111th U.S. Congress, women hold 90 seats! To me, that's a BIG improvement ince the 19th amendment because back then, women didn't even get that chance to choose their own jobs or what kind of education they wanted. Also, it seems that women are more interested in voting because this data shows that there are many, many women (67 million...OMG) who are voting. I am not saying that men do not care as much, because who am i to say such a thing??? My point is, we obviously made the right decision since 1920 by allowing women to vote. Ha..Elliott :)
The numbers that strike me as interesting would be how that in a majority of state legislatures have either 0-2 women. The impact of the 19th amendment has been to give women more political equality. In my opinion I don’t think men and women have equal rights. The state map shows that there are barely an women in politics.
I was very suprised that women have voted more than men. This proves that the 19th amendmant worked. Women have done alot since they had nor giths at one point. But i think its sad that there are low percentages of women holding seats. We need a veriaty in our goverment. Different races, sex types, and way of thinking. But i am suprised colorado is in first i would have never exspected that.
Men still hold far more political offices than women. Ironically, more women vote than women. This to me is interesting. However, more and more women are getting elected to political offices. The 19th Amendment has contributed to equal rights for women. Another interesting fact is many of the Mountain West states don't have women governors. This is despite being the first area in the country to allow women voting. Women and men have equal power in politics, but in different areas.
the data i noticed was that most governers are women sarah palin, rell. in connecticut there are 2 sneters but none are women. in the house there are five members but one member. for state legislator. 8/36 senetors are women. in total there are 151 only 51 are women there are more men in congras then women there are more men voters then women. so women don't have equal rights - BRY-MAN
Billy Cicio
I think it is good that more people are voting now then years ago.i also think it good that so many women vote even more then men. and how many women are in political offices. becuse people 100 years would never belive how much women do.
when looking at the map I saw that more women are having just as equal rights as men. The last article shows that more women vote then men do. What I thought was really interesting was that Younger citizens vote more for women. Older citizens about 65 vote more for men. The 19 amendemnt clearly states that all women are elligable to vote. This amendemnet has very well shown the improvement for more womens rights. I did not think that 74 women hold statwide executive offices across the country. 23.6% of the 314 available positions are all womens. there are 50 demorcrats, 22 repulicans and 2 women are nonpartisan races. Go women!!!
The Map had showed many things. One thing that I had saw was that women and men do have the same rights. The article had showed many things. One thing was that women would more likly get the vote of young citizens. Men would get the vote of senior citizens.
The amendment that was passed that gave woem many rights that men had is important. You can see the improvment that admenment had now. Women and men have the same rights now because of the admendment that was passed.
I saw that more women vote than men do. I wonder what America would be like if there was no 19th Amendment. I also noticed there are three states that don't have any women in congress. They are Vermont, Mississippi, and Iowa. Most of the states have no women governors. It seems kind of random because it differs so much from different parts of the country. The proportion of women in state legislatures is 24.3 percent. I think women and men have equal rights in politics. I think that because more women vote but more men have political jobs like governors, congress, and state legislature so I think it balances out.
the chart shows for the legislative branch that the state with the least amount of women in it is south careolina with only 10% of the legslative woman. that leaves 80% to men. the state withe the most woman in the legislative branch is colorodo with still onley 39% woman. that leaves 61% of the legislative to woman.
in the goveren section of the charts it shows that 24 states have never had a woman govener. that just under half of the states. it also shows that only three states have had woman govener now and in the past.
the congress was vary good for woman it shows that 32 states have woman in the congress. it also shows that only two states hadent had any woman in the congress.
by kyle bennett
NO IM THE 1 ON A BOAT!!!
These charts were very interesting. Over the years more and more women have gotten the right to vote. As 2009, 90 or 16.8% of the women hold seats in the 111th U.S. Congress, 17 of the 100 seats in the Senate belong to women, and 73 of the 435 seats belong to women in the House of Representatives. Also more women than men are voting now. As of 2004 60.1% of the women voted and 56.3% of the men did. More women have voted since 1980. Before then, more men voted. Also in 2004 younger people from the ages of 18-64, more women voted. Men older than 64 voted more. The 19th amendment clearly states that are women have the right to vote. Over the years more and more women are getting the right to do more things. I think both men and women should be treated equally in everything. Not just voting rights.
What interested me was that as the percent of the voting age population went up for women, it went down for men. it also striked me that since 1964 more women have voted than men. But what was really interesting was that people above the age of 75 voted more than the people between 18-24. And here I thought that old people just liked to complain about polotics. Wait, I'm getting off topic again. but it is interesting.
oh, and btw, ENOUGH WITH THE I'M ON A BOAT CRAP!!!!! seriously people, get a life!!
I was surprised that Connecticut was in the top 10 states for woman legislatures. Connecticut has 8 out of 36 woman in their state senate and 51 out of their 151 State House/Assembly are woman. This is 31.6% being woman. I was surprised that South Carolina only had 17 woman total in any position. Another thing that I found interesting was that since 1964 woman have always had a larger number of registered voters in presidential than men. This is probably because they feel proud of their suffrage that they won and they want to make a difference in their government. However from 1964-1976 the % of woman voting was less than the % of men voting. In 1980 this pattern turned around and the % of woman was higher than men. Also I noticed that more younger woman (ages 18-64) vote than younger men(ages 18-64). But for ages 65 and up this pattern is reversed.
I found it comferting to know that Connecticut was on the top list for women legislatures. I glad to know that at least our state has a large influence from women. I also found it suprising that more women have voted than men have. It's good to know that women have taken advantage of their right, especailly after what an effort it took to finally get the 19th amendment passed. It was interesting to see so many of America's older citizens voting, in fact, there were more old people voting than there were young. Maybe it's because as a person gets older they become more interested it changing their country. Either that or the fact that younger people are just too busy to get to the polls, or they really don't want to. It seems as though both women and men have equal rights as far as voting is concerned, and in politics. Still, many women are not at a higher or equal precentage in the occupation of politicain.
The charts were very interesting. I definetily think that women are eqaul to men. Women have been allowed to vote for ninety years now. Women also are allowed to be senators and can serve in congress. In the third website it showed that over the years more and more women vote. When womaens suffrage first became ratified more men voted. Slowly the numbers came closer and closer. And now as of 2004 more women vote than men. In 2004 60.1% of women voted and only 56.3 % of men voted. I found this fascinating. One thing that women and men aren't treated eqaully in is that men have bigger wages in jobs than women. Also in sports some men think that they are better than women but I think that a women could beet a man. But generally I find that Woman rights have improved dramatically over the years and their rights are improving everyday.
Ian Bowman
I was not suprised that women voted more than men. women could not vote until the 19th admendment was ratified. so women must feel like they are finaly part of the country. i also saw that in individual sate legistaltures, women only have from 0-2 women. this shows that men have more dominant power in individual states.
The first thing I see looking at the map is most of the west is either blue or green, putting that state in like the top 25. This doesn’t surprise me since, as we learned in SS, the west had women’s rights before the east. What does shock me is that Wyoming isn’t even in the top 35, its number 40!!! It was the first state to really give women rights, and now it’s the 11th worst state. I also saw the south isn’t high up on the list, which isn’t surprising since the south has a history of intolerance. I was also proud that CT was in the top ten. I do not think that women have exactly equal rights in the government. I think a big part is just that more men go into politics then women do. I don’t think women are horribly discriminated against; just more men go into the field.
by melissa
One thing i noticed is that there are mostly women who have been and are in the senate and congress. There have not been or are many women governors through out the US though. I think this proves that women fought for the 19th amendment and still take advantage of it today. I also believe this shows that women can take as much part in government as men. Even though in some states i noticed much more men or all men seem to hold power in office. I expected that women would vote more than men. I believe this is good because it shows that women really do care about their rights. Maybe they are trying to prove they are equal to men. Considering the fact that men get paid more then women still, maybe if more people saw these statistics they would realize that the 20th century is a time when men and women deserve equality in everything.
In the state legislature women occupy as much as 39%. About half of the states have never had a woman as governor. Only 3 states have not yet elected a woman to Congress. The number of women in congress and state legislatures has been steadily growing. The percent of women as governors peaked at 27.6% in 2001. This year 16.8 of the congress is women. The percent of women who vote starts off higher than men’s but it begins to decrease with age. Men start off with a lower percentage but it steadily climbs with age.
Before the 19th amendment, women had no say in government. But for 90 years now women have been able to participate in government and have the right to vote. So yes, the 19th amendment has made a big impact on our government, and who helps run it. In 2004 approximately 8.8 million more women voted than men. Yet currently women only hold 16.8 % of the seats in our congress. This surprises me, because more women vote than men, yet there are more men are in congress. Of course it seems a little sexist to me that women are expected to vote for women, and men are expected to vote for men. I think that because of the 19th amendment, women are given the same power as men when entering politics. But in Congress I don't think woman have the same power, simply because their are more men.
Ever since 90 years ago when the 19th ammendment was ratified, women had a say in government. From this map I can tell that in our state reflects the fact that women are involved in todays polotics. We are happily ranked in the top 10 of 50 for the most representation of women in state government. In our state along with all others in the top 10 to top 20 we have come a long way in our view of womenand their roll in governments. Unfoutunitly those states who are ranked 41-50 still seem to me must be holding some sexist views. South Carolina for example on 10 percent of their state legislature are women. What shocks me is that only 16.8 percent of the 111th Congress are women. that means 17 of 100 senators are women and 73 members of the House are women. This is terrible in my mind because women should be treated equally as men and although people may say they are these numbers portray that they are not. The last page of number tell me that it was surprising that more women have voted in the past 11 elections than men. This is shocking because they dont have anywhere close to equal amounts of people in government but they vote more than men. This is what I have had to say on the topic.
All of theses charts are very interesting. What i think is great is that from the moment women got the right to vote, the percentages of women voting are higher. I also think that its great that women are in politics. Many starts also have women governors from the past and currently. The 19th amendment definitely made an impact. From what i said above, the women have been taking advantage of the amendment. I know that women and men and blacks didn't have the same rights, but if i was the person who was getting the votes, i would probably want more votes. So i dont really no why people didnt just have the women come in to vote if the people that were getting the votes wanted more votes(if that made sence) I do think that women and man have equal rights in politics. But i dont think that they are showed very well. I think that men opinions are probably valued more than women in politics. I do think they have the same rights but people dont play to them as well.
What I see are data and article about woman and how they have advanced in rights and politics. What surprised me was that women voted more then men almost every single year. What also surprised me was that on the map the western part of the country had fewer women in senate. Because that was where women suffrage took root. Well since the 19th amendment was ratified in 1920 I think that the data showed what it did because the amendment had some time to set in. I think that men and women have the equal rights. I think so because women and men both vote around the same amount. Also there are quiet a bit of women in the government.
Although I don't think women have equal power in politics they have come a long way since the 19th amendment. There are currently 4 women governors. And women hold 90 of the 535 seats in congress which is about 1/6. I believe that women only hold 90 seats because many men are sexist and won't vote for a women on election day. - Thomas Andrews
U ALL KNOW IM THE ONE ON A BOAT!!!!
Hi everyone! There are some very good posts here. Remember that to get full credit, you need to have eight full sentences with correct grammar and usage for full credit.
I noticed that in the bigger states fewer women are state legislatures. Like in New Mexico, Colorado and Washington. Smaller states like Virginia, Alabama and West Virginia. I also noticed that when women were allowed to vote that the amount of women voting grew higher. But so far, the populations of the U.S views of women have definitely changed. For ninety years so far women have been able to vote and they surely made a difference. So far this year 16.8 of the people in congress is women. The percent of women who vote starts off higher than men’s. Shortly after the older age women voters don’t contribute as much as they have done.
FIRST COMMENT! Yes, my ultimate destiny.
By looking at the data I can see that since the 19th amendment, women have been voting like crazy. Part of this would be because the women population slightly exceeds the men by a few percentage points. If we look at the voting in 2004, we see that there is nearly 10 million more women than men voting. If my theory about part of the difference being caused by the women population being larger holds true, this wouldn't make seance. 67.3 million + 58.5 million = 125.8 million voters in total. 1 percent of 125.8 million is 1,258,000 million. So for this to be 100% true for 2004, there would have to be about 6% more women than men. In otherwords, this is only a fraction of the reason why there are so many more women than men votes. I am going to guess that this fluctuation of women votes is random is Eliot said.
For the men having more house seats; I do not think that there is any biased against women. Women are way more active in other fields than men (as shown @ http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/28/commentary/everyday/sahadi_paytable/index.htm).
I found it very interesting knowing that Connecticut was ontop for woman's legilatures. I am quite pleased to know that our state has sucha n influence from the woman. I also found it intersting that men have not voted as much as woman have. It seems that they are taking their advantage, seeing as how hard they had to get it. ( Our right to vote became passed when the 19th amendment was signed. ) I noticed that more older citizens in America vote more than younger ones. I suspect that this is because since most older people have lived in America longer than younger people (obviously) , they have more interest in our country. They would aslo want to make a difference by voting for their next president. Well, either that or the younger citizens just don't feel like/want to vote. To me, it looks as if that as far as politics and voting goes, men and woman are pretty much on an equal balance. Still, many woman in America have not reached a higher or equal place in an occupation as a politician.
I noticed that women vote more than men do. Also, older people vote more than younger people. Women probably vote more than men since the ratio of women to men is larger than men to women. But I think this means, for whatever reason, that women have more interest and dedication in politics. Also, older people probably vote more than younger people since they are usually retired and have time, and also know more and are wiser when it comes to voting. But it shocked me that women do not have nearly as many seats in the Senate and Congress than men! I do not understand this. I think the logical percantage would be even. I think men get more attention when it comes to things like this. Maybe women just are unconciously stereotyped against and dont get a seat in Congress or Senate! In elections, mostly men have gotten the attention. All of our U.S. Presidents are men. The impact of the 19th amendment was big. It finally allowed women to vote. I think since women know about how hard suffragists worked for this right, the acknowledge it by voting more. I agree with Olivia that men and women have equal power in politics, yet men seem to still have more publicity.
One thing that struck me as surprising was that most of the percentages of women that held seats in congress did not exceed 25%, or 1/4. This shocked me because it means that men have more power in congress than women, even ninety years after the 19th amendment. I also saw that of the women who held elective offices, there were twice as many Democratic representatives than Republicans. I think this means that the Democratic Party give women a fairer chance at seats in congress than the Republican Party. I also noticed on the State by State map page that most states have not had a woman governor to date. I think that if the 19th amendment grants women the right to a higher education, then progress in this area is slow because in the past 90 years only 22 states out of fifty have had women governors. I doubt that that is because women haven’t tried, it is not easy following a career and raising a family. I agree with Lucas that women and men do not have equal rights. Hopefully more people will realize this and give women more chances in the near future of our country.
it seems that the percent of women voting in the U.S is going down a lot. this is probobley because originally when women were given the right to vote they were very excited about it that they got a new right. But ever since then theve lowered there amount of caring because theve gotten used to it. you can see this because originally women had much higher voting rates then men but now there about the same because of the amount of time that's passed that women have had the right to vote.
It appears that women have been voting more than men for the past several years. This is just shocking to me because after all those years of men saying that women don't understand politics, it seems that women care more and have an equal amount of say in government. This is just what they wanted and they fought hard for something that really means something to them. Also, I see that some women have more power than men in government. For example, Nancy Pelosi is a Congresswoman who holds the top House post. she the first lady to hold this. The 19th ammendment was a worthy fight for women I believe. 16.8% of the 535 seats in the 111th U.S. Congress are women. That's 90 seats in congress foo women. I would say that men and women's vote and say in politics are equal. Even though only 17% of seats in congress are women, at least they have say in government that's equal to men's say in government. By, none other than... Richie Wlhelm.
I think it's interesting that the west has the least amount of women in the legislature. It's interesting, because in the beginning the west supported women the most and were the first ones to give women the right to vote. Based on these facts I thought that the west would have more women in the legislature, but instead the middle and east of the country have more than the west. I think the 19th amendment made men look at women more as equals then lower than them. Some might have thought that these women had fought so hard just to get the right to vote and to get equality, and so maybe we should treat them with more respect than what we have been. I think the 19th amendment really made an impact on peoples values. I don't think that women have equal rights in the government as men yet. But they certainly have gained a lot and are pretty close to getting equal power in politics.
Since 1919 when the 19th ammendment was ratified, women had a say in government. I saw that in the west, most of the states were blue or green. This did not surprise me because as we learned in Social S the west was the first to allow women the right to vote. One thing that did surprise me was that Wyoming, the first state to allow women to vote, are at the very end of the list. They are ranked 40. I noticed that women vote more than men do. Also, older people vote more than younger people. Women probably vote more than men since the ratio of women to men is larger than men to women. There still is a percentage who is sexist and would prefer a man over a woman for president, governor, etc... but that says nothing about whether a woman can become presidnet or governor i mean look at jodi rell and hillary clinton ran a close race, so my fellow women dont give up hope, I think that women still have as good of a chance to be president, senator etc... as men.
I think that women aren't as equal in politics as men are. This fact was proven when Hilary Clinton ran for president many comments said that they didn't want a women in office yet and didn't support her as much as they did Obama. I was surprised by the fact that many for the last 7 elections the percentage of total men voting was lower thatn the percentage of total women voting and that for the most part the percentage of total men voting has been decreasing ever since 1964 but the number of men voting has been going up signifigantly every year. The impact of the 19th amendment has caused the involvment of women in the government to increase a small increment each year like how women are now running for Pres. and V.P. This concludes that at the moment men are still dominent in political roles but women are increasingly conrolling the ballots.
I think that women aren't as equal as men still in politics. I think this because that women are still believed to be house hold wives. Another example was that Hillary Clinton was not elected for president, but a black man was over a women. This proves that even a colored man rules over a women. Some numbers that striked me in the charts and maps was that more women vote than the men, stating that women believe strongly in their right to vote, unlike the men, who have always had the right to vote. I was also suprised that more middle aged women and older were voting more in 2004, 2000, and 1996 than the younger. I am guessing that this is so because the lived through the suffrage cause. I think the 19th amendment has made a huge impact because women have taken the chance that they fought for to put their input into our politics. Also, women have now been given more voice in politics than ever, and is steadily increasing in numbers and size.
i think that woman have a major part in society now a days. woman are not though as just people that stay home and cook and clean but now they are thought as sophisticated people. we have 7 woman governors. we also have 11 mayors that are woman of major cities. the percentage of woman of state legislature is hight and will continued to get higher. so i think we have grown alot form having just woman working in the house taking care of the kids and do all of the cleaning while the husband made the money now so can the woman.
One thing that really surprises me is how many women voters there are. I thought that men would have the majority of voting but women do. I still think that women do not have equal rights in politics than men. Although I do believe women do not have the stay at home house wife name they still do not have an equal say in politics. Although women do have the higher percentages of voting they do not have many people in congress. I think that men think that women do not know a lot about politics but with women voting more then they must know a lot about politics. One thing that does not surprise me is that older people vote more than younger people. I think that older people vote more because they know more about what is going on then younger people do in politics.
I think when women got the right to vote it had a huge impact thoughout the United States. According to the charts more Women are voting then men. Another interesting chart is Most of the west is either blue or green, putting that state in like the top 25. I was not suprised because the West was one of the first place to have Womens rights. Overall I do not think Women are equal in Government but they do have mroe rights now then they did back in the 1900's. What I did see was that more men are into politic then women so thats why the numbers are lower. I don't think it's so much because of there Gender but because more men are itnerested in it. So yes the 19th Amendment was a big impact I believe since the 1900's to the present.
Women over time have gotten more places in legislature as it says in the first graph. Although it is not a lot of spots in congress. States in the North seem to have more spots sooner. In 2009 women hold 90 seats. 17 women serve in the Senate. 73 women serve in House of Rep. In 2009, 74 women hold statewode elective executive offices across U.S. Among these women 50 are Democrats. 22 are republicans.
-Serena gopal
Ryan McQueen
The numbers show that there are less women legeslatures then there are men. I thought women had equal power as men, and i still think they do. i still think they do because they are just as smart and have every right men do. for example, when we had a woman run for presedent.
I think that men are more peaceful about the issue and do not care because they have been allowed to vote since we got independence from England. Women on the other hand had to fight for the right to vote so that they could have the same say as all of the men in the country. I think that we still have the same view that women are less powerful because most of the states in the US still have not had a women for a governer. Mostly thought I think that this sexest additude is gone because the least amount of women in the legislature is 10% witch is high. Mostly in the elected governmment they have about 50% of the say. Since '64 women have actually had a higher vote turnout then men so they feel very stongly about sufferage.
Zach Krin
By SPencer YLagan
This is completely suprising to me. Every year on the chart states that women have voted more than men. The 19th amendment has a massive impact on this because with out that this stat would even exsist. IT gave women the right to vote. This shows that they are using what they fought so hard for. The most amazing stat is that the amount of women voting goes up every year. And that men voting is fluctuating. The number of women voters has risen by 30 million in 4 years. The only year that men out voted women was 1964 that has happened for a while. But it seems most younger women vote more than younger men and older men vote more than older women.
This came to a big surprise to me because from what I saw in the third link; There seemed to be more women than men voting. Also more women without a doubt seem to vote more than men for many years (ever sence they were able to vote)
As soon as women were able to vote, they have been taking full advantage of their new ability and/or right.
-Breana Brewer
from 1979 to 2009 the number of woman in government rolls increased. this happened because there are more options and oportunities for woman. 30 years ago the options for woman were a scocial worker, a teacher or nurse. now there are more jobs for woman in politics.
What really suprised me was that it said that all together more women vote than men do. i think the 19th amendment has a large impact on this because with out that this wouldnt be possible.
the 19th amendment has been the best thing ever because every year more and more women are voting even more than men honestlly i think women put a lot more thought in there vote than men and now thier votes are increasing so voting is changing by the year its amazing that the womens voting population has increased by 4 billion in the past four years.
I think men and women are equall in politics. Women should be able to do anything men can. Women are just as smart as men. Women should have just as fair as a chance as men when getting a job. Women have just as many good ideas as men. Men should no longer run congress, they need help from women expecially durring this recession. Without womens help this reccesion will turn into a depression.
The map showed the number of women legisatures n the country. South Carolina has the most with 39%. I think that men and women should be equal in anything. Although we all know that women are still struggling to be just as equal as men. While working, women still don't get eual pay as men. The 19th ammednment has made a huge im pact on the government and the country for the better. Now that everyone is equal, we don't have the issue of disrupting the people around us. Men and women aren't equal but poeple will keep on fighting.
I think that ever since women were able to vote they have had a higher percentage of votting than menEver since women were able to vote they have had a higher percentage of voting than men. I think this is because women have they have had more opportunities. Out of 7,832 state legislators in the United States there is a 24.3% are women. In January there were 11 women mayors out of 100 cities in the U.S. In 2004 18-64 year old women voted more than men but 65 and up year old women did not vote as much as men.
I think that ever since women were able to vote they have had a higher percentage of votting than menEver since women were able to vote they have had a higher percentage of voting than men. I think this is because women have they have had more opportunities. Out of 7,832 state legislators in the United States there is a 24.3% are women. In January there were 11 women mayors out of 100 cities in the U.S. In 2004 18-64 year old women voted more than men but 65 and up year old women did not vote as much as men.
The map showed how many wmoen legislatures there are in the U.S. I found it surprising in a good way of how much the number is increasing.I think men and women are some what equal in politics. Now that there is the 19 amendment, more and more women each year are being allowed to vote equally. I personally think women have put more effert into having and earning voting rights than men because all they had to do was say they are the better sex or race and they automatically have the right with no question.
The map showed the number of women legisatures in the country. 39% of them are in South Carolina, which holds the most. In my opinion gender equality is very imperative to this world. We need a balance of power so sitautions are handled the best that they can. Which is why examples like men getting more of a salary than women reek of injustice. I have to say that the affect the 19th amendment has made has been greatly respected. If the passing was never an event in history, our world would've maybe been led to laboring women. Having gender being equal on a national document is apparently not enough though. Women, keep up the fight!
What strikes me as interesting is that on the edge of America, East and West is that these places are have the least women state legislatures while the more middle states have more. Also in the 2004 election about 9 million more woman voted than man. Also in the 2004 election woman outvoted men in every age group.
Numbers that strike me as interesting in the first article are how mixed the rankings are in America. I feel that not many states have a high ranking on women is possibly against the 19th amendment. Women today do have equal power in politics. In the second article, what numbers strike me as interesting are that only 24.4 percent of women are in state legislatures. This surprises me because that is less than half of the whole entire legislature. This shows that 19th amendment was effective. Yes, women do have equal power in politics as men. Numbers that strike me as interesting in the third article are that in most of the years have more women voting than men. The 19th amendment was deffinitely effective. Women do have the same power in politics as men
I think that women are allowed to vote because it was the year after they had a big parade in new york and washington D C The 19th amendment said: they wanted the women suffrage
What striked me as important is that in the carts and map was that more women vote than men, this shows how important this right is to them. I was also interested by more middle aged/older women were voting more in 1996, 2000, 2004 than younger women. This shows that the women who grew up around the fight for women’s suffrage or learned about it from their mothers were more influenced to vote. I agree with Emily S that the 19th amendment has made huge impact. This is because women have taken the chance to be heard in the government.
I find it interesting that in the 1964-1972 the percentage of women who voted was large then it got low then it got higher again.
yes peeole should have heath care. its very important for people to be safe and with out the heath care they won't be as safe as the people with the care.
Post a Comment