It is very significant that the U.S. elected and inaugurated a President who is African American. The White House was built by slaves. Some of Obama’s ancestors were slaves. On a more recent scale, Obama would’ve been lucky to be a janitor at the White House 50 years ago let alone being the primary resident. Additionally, Obama would’ve struggled to get a hamburger in the south. So in a mere 50 years, the country has come REALLY far by breaking a barrier that never should’ve existed. What’s even more amazing is Obama won states that were in the confederacy including Virginia which was the capital of the confederacy – Richmond. In short, it is amazing how far the county came within a short period.
I think our choice of an African American President is very significant. The U.S.A has a long racial history that has been cruel to African American’s for a very long time. We used them as slaves, and treated them like property instead of people. We may have changed a lot singe those times, but many still have their feelings against African Americans. Electing a black president is significance in my eyes because it shows that the majority of people in the United States, has gotten over their racial differences, and are accepting all colors of skin, and all forms of people. I also like the fact that people are accepting diversity, and it shows that people will elect a president no matter his skin color. I think people felt that the nation needed a change, and that change would be in who they look up to. The people of America even picked Barack over Hillary Clinton, a white woman, over a black man. I used to think that there was a bigger racial issue over Blacks than woman, but seeing this election happen has made me change my vision on that. This is why I think that the election of a black man is a big significance.
It is very significant because in the United States we used to have slaves. Now we have evolved from slaves to African American citizens. Also now we have racism in the United States African Americans have been judged by the color of their skin. President barrack Obama is our new president. Now that he is our new president people take him as a king or someone in high rule. 1- 43 presidents were white. If a black African American can become our president what will happen next. Will we have a Mexican, Chinese, Indian, or even a Arab president. One thing is for sure we need to stop racism.
I believe that it is moderatly significant that the United States of America elected and innaugurated a president that is African American. This entire issue really scrambles my brain. Although Ameirca has obviously endured incredable racial discrimination and segragation, we have seen past the differences to elect an African America president. However, if we really didn’t care about the color of your other’s skin, it wouldn’t be that big a deal that Obama has become the president. It seems as though Ameirca has stepped up and eliminated the dicrimination, yet the President being African American is such an enormous issue. If we really thought of everyone as equal, we wouldn’t give Obama so much respect as president just because he’s black. We would know that it was possible, and wouldn’t think that much of it. There’s a first time for everything, like a black president, but it doesn’t need to be so big. Was his skin color the REASON some people voted or didn’t vote for him? Maybe. I think we should all be proud that it’s the first of a step into the future, but it shouldn’t be this emphasized.
Obama becoming president is significant to our country because never in our countries history we’ve had a black president. In past history of our country there has been racism, discrimination, and death towards another person’s race or color. Like in the past they’re have been many acts of racism that have resorted to violence. For example, the KKK, this was a group who didn’t like colored people. This group assembled around the 1850’s and is still present until now. This shows us we’ve come a long way. Our country is passed that, and which is why now people have elected Obama as our 44th president. This is significant to us because we’ve never had an African-American president before and we expect great things from Obama.
I think that an African American would help make a difference in American history. To heal the racial difference to black and whites. Having a black person would be showing the world that our country has tried to have equal rights. To vote and elect an African American for president.
Greg Alex 1/29/08 S.S Significance of a black president
Having a black president is decadently a big step in the freedom of the African-Americans but I don’t think we should jump for joy. We should treat Obama like any other person. Americans complain about racism but when time comes they start being racist to white people. The inauguration was just like any other inauguration but everywhere you looked there were black parties and workers for Obama. Then the neighborhood ball had no white singers only black. I think that is racist to white people. We also treat Obama like the superior president. I know this is a big part in American history. Also this will be a jump start for people’s equal rights. I congratulate Mr. Obama, but I think we should treat him the same and not better than any other presidents. We should only think he is a superior president if he does his job well to serve the people and not by the color of his skin.
Greg Alex 1/29/08 S.S Significance of a black president
Having a black president is decadently a big step in the freedom of the African-Americans but I don’t think we should jump for joy. We should treat Obama like any other person. Americans complain about racism but when time comes they start being racist to white people. The inauguration was just like any other inauguration but everywhere you looked there were black parties and workers for Obama. Then the neighborhood ball had no white singers only black. I think that is racist to white people. We also treat Obama like the superior president. I know this is a big part in American history. Also this will be a jump start for people’s equal rights. I congratulate Mr. Obama, but I think we should treat him the same and not better than any other presidents. We should only think he is a superior president if he does his job well to serve the people and not by the color of his skin.
I think that it is a huge step for people to elect the first African American president considering our history with slavery. I think that Barack Obama is going to change people’s minds about hatred to people who have a different skin color. Obama is a great speaker and knows what he is going to do with everyone who has suffered in the past years and I also believe he will bring our nation together.
I see that Obama has just as many approveals as eisenhower does. I think that this has to do with having a black president. People are ready for a change. This nation has a long history with slavery. Electing a black president is a big step in excepting different taces. Racism is a big problem in the world. hopefully having a president like Obama will change that. I think that Barack Obama can bring our nation together.
I think it is very signigicant to the U.S.A because we have gone from hating blacks, to putting them in the highest authority possible in this country. We have come so far in this country. Obama also sees the significance according to his inagural speech. The U.S has grown tremendously.
11 comments:
It is very significant that the U.S. elected and inaugurated a President who is African American. The White House was built by slaves. Some of Obama’s ancestors were slaves. On a more recent scale, Obama would’ve been lucky to be a janitor at the White House 50 years ago let alone being the primary resident. Additionally, Obama would’ve struggled to get a hamburger in the south. So in a mere 50 years, the country has come REALLY far by breaking a barrier that never should’ve existed. What’s even more amazing is Obama won states that were in the confederacy including Virginia which was the capital of the confederacy – Richmond. In short, it is amazing how far the county came within a short period.
I think our choice of an African American President is very significant. The U.S.A has a long racial history that has been cruel to African American’s for a very long time. We used them as slaves, and treated them like property instead of people. We may have changed a lot singe those times, but many still have their feelings against African Americans. Electing a black president is significance in my eyes because it shows that the majority of people in the United States, has gotten over their racial differences, and are accepting all colors of skin, and all forms of people. I also like the fact that people are accepting diversity, and it shows that people will elect a president no matter his skin color. I think people felt that the nation needed a change, and that change would be in who they look up to. The people of America even picked Barack over Hillary Clinton, a white woman, over a black man. I used to think that there was a bigger racial issue over Blacks than woman, but seeing this election happen has made me change my vision on that. This is why I think that the election of a black man is a big significance.
Juan Salazar
1/29/09
It is very significant because in the United States we used to have slaves. Now we have evolved from slaves to African American citizens. Also now we have racism in the United States African Americans have been judged by the color of their skin. President barrack Obama is our new president. Now that he is our new president people take him as a king or someone in high rule. 1- 43 presidents were white. If a black African American can become our president what will happen next. Will we have a Mexican, Chinese, Indian, or even a Arab president. One thing is for sure we need to stop racism.
I believe that it is moderatly significant that the United States of America elected and innaugurated a president that is African American. This entire issue really scrambles my brain. Although Ameirca has obviously endured incredable racial discrimination and segragation, we have seen past the differences to elect an African America president. However, if we really didn’t care about the color of your other’s skin, it wouldn’t be that big a deal that Obama has become the president. It seems as though Ameirca has stepped up and eliminated the dicrimination, yet the President being African American is such an enormous issue. If we really thought of everyone as equal, we wouldn’t give Obama so much respect as president just because he’s black. We would know that it was possible, and wouldn’t think that much of it. There’s a first time for everything, like a black president, but it doesn’t need to be so big. Was his skin color the REASON some people voted or didn’t vote for him? Maybe. I think we should all be proud that it’s the first of a step into the future, but it shouldn’t be this emphasized.
-Micah pika
Michael Maurial
Obama becoming president is significant to our country because never in our countries history we’ve had a black president. In past history of our country there has been racism, discrimination, and death towards another person’s race or color. Like in the past they’re have been many acts of racism that have resorted to violence. For example, the KKK, this was a group who didn’t like colored people. This group assembled around the 1850’s and is still present until now. This shows us we’ve come a long way. Our country is passed that, and which is why now people have elected Obama as our 44th president. This is significant to us because we’ve never had an African-American president before and we expect great things from Obama.
Significance of a President Who is Black
I think that an African American would help make a difference in American history. To heal the racial difference to black and whites. Having a black person would be showing the world that our country has tried to have equal rights. To vote and elect an African American for president.
Greg Alex
1/29/08
S.S
Significance of a black president
Having a black president is decadently a big step in the freedom of the African-Americans but I don’t think we should jump for joy. We should treat Obama like any other person. Americans complain about racism but when time comes they start being racist to white people. The inauguration was just like any other inauguration but everywhere you looked there were black parties and workers for Obama. Then the neighborhood ball had no white singers only black. I think that is racist to white people. We also treat Obama like the superior president. I know this is a big part in American history. Also this will be a jump start for people’s equal rights. I congratulate Mr. Obama, but I think we should treat him the same and not better than any other presidents. We should only think he is a superior president if he does his job well to serve the people and not by the color of his skin.
Greg Alex
1/29/08
S.S
Significance of a black president
Having a black president is decadently a big step in the freedom of the African-Americans but I don’t think we should jump for joy. We should treat Obama like any other person. Americans complain about racism but when time comes they start being racist to white people. The inauguration was just like any other inauguration but everywhere you looked there were black parties and workers for Obama. Then the neighborhood ball had no white singers only black. I think that is racist to white people. We also treat Obama like the superior president. I know this is a big part in American history. Also this will be a jump start for people’s equal rights. I congratulate Mr. Obama, but I think we should treat him the same and not better than any other presidents. We should only think he is a superior president if he does his job well to serve the people and not by the color of his skin.
I think that it is a huge step for people to elect the first African American president considering our history with slavery. I think that Barack Obama is going to change people’s minds about hatred to people who have a different skin color. Obama is a great speaker and knows what he is going to do with everyone who has suffered in the past years and I also believe he will bring our nation together.
I see that Obama has just as many approveals as eisenhower does. I think that this has to do with having a black president. People are ready for a change. This nation has a long history with slavery. Electing a black president is a big step in excepting different taces. Racism is a big problem in the world. hopefully having a president like Obama will change that. I think that Barack Obama can bring our nation together.
Ryan McQueen
I think it is very signigicant to the U.S.A because we have gone from hating blacks, to putting them in the highest authority possible in this country. We have come so far in this country. Obama also sees the significance according to his inagural speech. The U.S has grown tremendously.
Post a Comment