Look at the chart titled "Presidents' Initial Job Approval Ratings in Gallup Polls." Answer the following questions in a formally-written paragraph: What do you see in the chart? What numbers strike you as interesting or significant? What do you think those numbers mean? What does the chart say about our current time in relation to the past? (Minimum length for credit is 4 sentences; to get full credit, 8 sentences are necessary; find the chart using the link below)
http://www.gallup.com/poll/113968/Obama-Initial-Approval-Ratings-Historical-Context.aspx
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
61 comments:
I see that Obama has sky high approval ratings. What's significant is a majority of Republicans approve Obama. These numbers mean two things. The first thing it means is even Republicans are fed up with George Bush. They are looking forward to a new President even if it's a President. It also means that Obama can reach out to the other side. The chart confirms Obama is more popular than most Presidents when they were first inagurated. This is probably because current times are more difficult than in past years.
Obama had the highest approval rating since J.F.K. in 1963. I heard on the radio that we are having the greated change in president approval rating. From 20% to about 70%. 88% of democrats thay took part in survey approved Obama's job. 62% of independent people in the survey approved of Obama. Even 43% of republican approved of Obama compared to 27% disapprove. In total 64.333% approved Obama in the Survey. That of last our president have not had a high approval rating
The first thing I noticed was the no oppinion colummn. I never actually realized what a large percent had no oppinion. The second thing I noticed was Obama's approval ratings. Just as Alex had said, this means that people are fed up with bush and that Obama can reach out to the opposite party and convince them to support him. And then , after viewing the chart on the bottom, I see that Obama has over half of the approval percentages with 193 out of 311. This is also what I said above ; Obama is able to reach out to the opposite party and conince said opposite party members to support him.
BY: Ethan Lindblom
In this chart i saw lots of aproval and disaproval ratings what jumped out at me the most was how many people didnt aprove the first George Bush. That interests me because although im not sure if i was alive when he was president or i if i just cant remember him being president i was suprised ive met him three times before and he's a realy nice guy and i cant imagine him being a bad president. And since he was such a nice guy i think his disaproval ratings ment he was just a bad president in the begining of his term in office and he probably got better taler on. I dont think these numbers say anything about our present time and our past because it seemed to sway alot and i think the approval/ disaproval ratings will allways be like that.
I see in this chart that Obama and Eisenhower of the same approval rate. Numbers that strike me as interesting are that the approval rates for them only have the high of 72%. Didn't these presidents win the elections by a land slide? I find it amazing how good chunk of the people who voted for each president said that they did not approve of them in office. I think that this means that after people elect the presidents, they change their minds as the presidents turn into the full time terms. The chart said that our current time in relation in the past isn't so different. The first president on the chart list, Eisenhower, had the same exact approval rate as Obama which is today. Also, Kennedy and Bush of 1989 had the same disapproval rates. The chart showed that no matter what year it is or what the past was, people always change their opinions on how they feel about a president's behavior.
One thing that I see when I look at this chart is that president Obama has a 68% approval. He is the second president with the highest approval. The only person who is higher than him was John Kennedy. I think that President Obama has a huge job ahead of him getting us out of our national crisis but it did kind of surprise me that people approved of him that much. I was reading an article about what promises Obama has kept and so far he has kept 5 promises. Another thing that shocks me was how many people did not approve of George Bush. 25% of people did not approve of him and that was just in his first couple of weeks.
in the chart i see that obama has the second highest aproval rating. i find it intresting how high the percentages of people who have no opinion is because its realy just do you aprove or not. the disapproval and no opinion ratings are the highest for more recent presidents. it looks like we liked the older presidents more than the recent presidents
kyle bennett
i was suprised about the persentege of people that disliked obamas ideas. i would have expected more people than only 68% but then again it is the second highest % on the chart. the first highest is kenedy 72%. i was wondering how someone could not have an opion on the pesidents disions. i was definetly suprised bush only got a 51% approval because he got elected for both of his 2 terms and the polls were taken not that far off the election so i wondered if some people had chanjed there ideas about bush and i thought that bush had a pretty sugnifcant win over both of his components
Barack Obama has a 68% approval rating which is the highest besides JFK's in 1963 which was 72%. What number amazed me was that Harry S. Truman had an 87% approval rating but this was most likely because the American public loved his predecessor FDR. the numbers basically mean how much percentage of the American people like the new president. Well considering the approval ratings of Bush i'd say that this is a good change for America.
I noticed that Obama has the second highest approval rating (tied with Eisenhower for second). He had a 68% approval rating. Lots of people had no opinion which surprised me. Bush had a huge disapproval rating. I would not think that so many Republicans would approve of what Barack Obama is doing. I was not surprised at how many Democrats approved of what Obama is doing. The latest Presidents had a low disapproval rating. I think that because we are in bad economic shape so many Americans blame it on the President because it is easy to do. I think it is good that Obama is President and so do many Americans!
What I see is That Obama has one of the highest approval ratings but also has the fourth highest disapproval rating. I also saw that a lot of other president polls had more no opinion than our new president. There weren’t to many numbers that surprised me but there was some. Obama got more disapproval votes than I thought. These numbers would most likely be different every time you voted because it depends on the people voting. For example: if someone was a republican and even though Obama is our president still didn’t like him. Would I think these numbers mean is if the people approve of what the president is doing. I think these number defiantly reflect what time we are going through. For example: for Obama there weren’t a lot of people for no opinion because during these times people care about what is happening.
I can see that Obama has one of the highest approval ratings.He also got more disapproval rating than most people thought he would get. I think the reason that Obama and Bush both got many disapproval ratings like Obama. I think it is because Wall Street is in such a bad spot and has been for a long time. And people think that the president can fix this in a blink of a eye but they can't.I also think that to some point people should lay off the president they can not do everything. They are not incontrol of everything there are three branches.
Obama's approval rating is one of the highest and his no opinion percentage is the lowest. His disapproval rating is an absolute low. Even though his rating is on the high side of the chart by Gallup. The significance of this is that 89% of the voters do not disapprove. New presidents after the death of other presidents were mostly the presidents above him in initial approval ratings. Eisenhower is tied with him and had a lower disapproval rating but he was after world war 2. The four presidents before him had a very low approval rating. Compared 3 of the first 4(the one missing is Nixon) on the chart which were 66 or above. This shows me that are country is very confident in our new president Barack Obama.
In initial job approval, I was shocked by the results. I thought there was going to be more of a problem because Obama is black. This just shows how far our country has come. Obama was in the top 3 over all for approval ratings. I thought that Bill Clinton would have had a higher rating than Obama. Instead, Obama had an approval rating that was 10 points higher than Clinton. The other thing that is surprising is that even 43% of the Republicans approve that Obama is doing well. Only 27% of Rebublicans thought that Obama was not doing a good job. I think that these results show what good decisions Obama is making so far in his presidency.
i noticed that Eisenhower's approval percentage was tied with Obamas at 68%. It supprised me that so many people had no opinion, like Bush with 43%. I didnt't think that from 1981 to 1989 the initial job approval would stay same 51%.
i was surprised about the percentage of people that disliked president Obamas ideas. I would have expected more people than only 68% but then again it is the second highest % on the chart. the first highest is Kennedy 72%.I think that this means that after people elect the presidents, they change their minds as the presidents turn into the full time terms. The chart said that our current time in relation in the past isn't so different.
No, I do not approve of what Obama has done so far. I do not approve becayse he closed Guntanimo Bay. Here the U.S was holding many of the known Al-Kida men captured. Since being released one of these men was promoted to one of the high officals in the group. Another thing I disagree with is the 800 bil. + stimulus package that Obama created. We already have tried this when Bush was still in office and it did not work then so why would it work now? ?Obama also spent 150 million dollers on his anaguration without anyone saying anything. But, when Bush spent 20 million dollers he got alot os greif when Obama spent 5 1/2 times more than Bush.
What I see is that Obama has the second highest approval rating for the last nine presidents which was 68%. Only Kennedy had a higher approval rating of 72 percent. I also see that when Republicans were polled for the approval rating 43 perccent approved, 30 percent and 27 percent had no opinion. To me this is a breakthrough, to have more approval than not in the oposite party is a very promising sign. This shows a wider range of approval, not just within party lines. Some interesting numbers would be that eventhough only two percent of the democrats polled disapproved his actions. This means 1 in 50 democrats are disapproving the new presidents actions. This chart means that our current time is more willing to adapt and look on the bright side of things in the political world. For example, like I said before more republicans approve than disapprove of Obama's actions, this shows that more of those people are looking at the better side of his work. Also, over the last few presidents we have not had as high of an approval rating, Bush 57, Clinton 58, and The first Bush and Reagan both at 51 percent. Compared to now, it seems we were in an almost initial slump for the president between Carter and Obama.
JFK has the highest rating of 72% with Eisenhower and Obama tied with 68%. These numbers show that Obama is pretty popular with most of the population and is almost of popular JFK was. Only Clinton, Bush and Reagan have higher dis-approval rates then Obama's 12%. That means Clinton and Bush have almost twice as much disapproval as Obama. In the second chart we find out how most democrats approve of Obama, and that even Independent and Republicans more people approve of Obama then disapprove. Obama looks very popular with the majority of approval from all groups. Obama seems to appeal to most groups including, women 71%, young adults 79% and nonwhites 78%. In summary Obama's appeal to most Americans crosses all lines of race, age and party.
by Melissa
In the chart I can see that Obama has the 2nd largest approval rate of any president after World War II. He is tied with Eisenhower and right under Kennedy. I think Barack Obamas high numbers are surprising, considering he is the first African-American president. It is surprising how so many republicans wanted Bush, but now approve of Obama more. It seems even Bush supporters believe in Barack Obama more. It was also surprising that Bush had one of the lowest rates, 51%, in this poll. Obama seems to be popular over a variety, and majority, of all people.
tiffany said that she was supprised that less poeple approved of obama. i think people should take into consiteration that we live in conaticut where it looks like everybody likes obama, because a lot of people do like him. there are places where eveyone wanted some other poeple to win for presedent.president Obama has a 68% approval, this is shocking because thats only a little above half. The only person who is higher than him was John Kennedy. kelly said that it shocked her that the approval was so high, i thought more people would have liked him.
These charts tell me many things. Some things I noticed were that Obama is doing very well so far in his term. Compared to previous presidents he is right up there at the top. According to the first chart Obama's course of actions have been approved by more than half of the people who were polled. I know this because it said 68 percent of people polled approve of what he is doing. I think this is good because it means that the majority of Americans are content with their country. Another thing I noticed was that there was only one president on this chart that was approved of more than Obama. That is John Kennedy. Eisenhower tied with Obama, so there really only is one other president who had more approval in the beginning of his term. One other thing that is very good in my opinion is that in that second chart it is proven again that Obama has been doing extremely well. Out of three different groups of people Democrats, Independents, and Republicans the majority of them approve also. 88% of democrats, 62% of Independents, and 43% of Republicans approve of him so far. This is great because it shows that Americans are happy with their choice for president up until now.
On the chart I noticed that Obama has the second highest approval rating right after Kennedy who had 72% as an approval rating. I also noticed that the lowest approval rating was for Bush and Reagan with 51%. I thought it was interesting that more people didn't approve of Obama. I think that when more people approve of a president, this means that they like what the president is doing. Also, more people approved of Obama and Kennedy who are democrats, which probably means more people a democratic than republican. In the past more people had less of an opinion, where that is number is now becoming less. This means more people have an opinion. Because more people have an opinion, this probably means more people are caring about what is happening to the world.
what I see from the chart is that obama has the second highest approval rate. which was 68%. Kennedy was the only one who had the highest approval rate which was 71%. It was very intresting to see that republicans voted for obama more than they voted for Bush. What really cought my eye was that obama was the second highest approval rate and he is african american. this shows you that republicans are changing their mind on the way they veiw someone. It is good to see that their are republicans voting for a demorcrat. this chart shows you that people are thrilled to have Obama for our president.
I was surprised by the number of republicans who approved of Obama, for one thing. Looking at the first table, I see that Obama has had the highest initial approval rating since JFK, who had a 72% approval rating back in '61. I suspect that a reason for such a high approval rating for Obama would be that he is the first African American U.S president. I do not believe that there is any significance to initial approval ratings, especially when the polling begins on the FIRST real day after the president is inaugurated (as happened with Obama). Something else in this graph that stands out to me is that the dates of the first polls ALL vary, except for Clinton's and George H.W. Bush whose polling began on Jan. 24th, and ended on the 26th. Think about this, now. If a president's "initial" approval rating polling begins over one MONTH after another presidents polling, that president will have had more time to pass laws, veto them, and who knows what else. It would make complete sence that there will be a fluctuation in approval ratings between polling dates.
I saw that Obama’s initial approval rate was 68% and that the only other presidents whose initial approval rate was greater or equal to his were Kennedy’s and Eisenhower. John F. Kennedy’s initial approval rate was 72% and Dwight D. Eisenhower’s was the same at 68%. What I think is that the initial approval rates of the presidents usually predict their performance in office. For example, Kennedy had the highest initial approval rate, and was considered one of the most successful presidents to be in office. I also saw that George W. Bush had the largest initial disapproval rate of 25%, and since this rate was taken after his first term in office, it makes sense that his disapproval rate remained high because the US was at war. I think that this chart says that when Eisenhower became president, most people gave him a high approval rating because the country was recovering from WWII. Kennedy had the highest approval rating of all the presidents, perhaps because of his incredible charisma and not because of the cold war crisis at that time. However after Kennedy the presidents’ initial approval ratings slowly went down. After George W. Bush people were so fed up with disappointing presidents, and were ready for a change of direction in a troubled economy, that lots of people were happy to rate Obama highly, and therefore his initial approval rate for presidents was greater than it had been for Forty years. I think there is a trend that the president’s rating reflects the health of the country.
I see that Obama is in the top 3 for the highest approval ratings. He has far less disapproval than any other president currently elected. Only a few percent have no opinion and I think that is saying that people are very in touch with the president this year. The number that strikes me as significant is the comparison between democrats, independents, and republicans. The majority (88%) of democrats approve Barack Obama's Job, more than 1/2 the independents approve his job (62%) but only 43% of Republicans approve it. Also, only 2% democrats disapprove and only 12% independents, but 30% Republicans disapprove it! I find that Republicans are a lot more negative than Democrats or Independents. I think this means that Republicans stay true to Republican presidents. This is saying that our country isn’t very outgoing and just stays to what it is used to. In comparison to our past, the chart says that disapproval rates go up over the years and the "no opinion" part varies. The ratings from the past are very similar to the present, and the majority of people for each year approve of the President's initial job.
In this article I saw that Obama had one of the highest approval ratings. He had 68%. This was the same as Eisenhowers. However Kennedy's was higher by 4%. What strike me the most is that Obama was one of the highest. I was glad that he was the second highest. These numbers show what percent of Democrats, Republicans, and Independent approve of what Barack Obama is doing. I think this is a relationship to our economy now because Americans need change. Our economy is really struggling so I fell that americans are happy eith Obama. This was a cool article!
I see in this chart that Kennedy has the highest % of Approval with 72%, while Reagan and Bush have the lowest % of approval with 51% each. Bush has the highest % of disapproval with 25% and Nixon has the lowest % of disapproval with 5%. Along with this Bush has the highest % of No Opinion with 43% and bush has the lowest % of No Opinion with 18%. That most of the percentages go to the “% Approval” Colum of this chart, meaning that most people think that the president that got elected is good for this job, but the most striking thing is that more voters, voted for the “% No Opinion” Colum rather than the “% Disapproval” Colum. This says to me that there are some people out there that don’t partially approve or disapprove but don’t know which or don’t want other people to know. I think that these numbers mean that this is how many people that voted that approve, disapprove or have no opinion on whether of no they think the president is good for the job he is doing or about to do. This says that there are people who have more faith in one president rather than another and that they think that that president can do better with the situations that the state is in at the time.
In the chart I see some early approval ratings of Presidents after World War II. It shows Obama having one of the highest approval ratings, of 68%. This approval rating ties with Eisenhower. But john F. Kennedy takes the lead with an approval rating of 72%. Reagan and Bush Sr. tie with the least approval ratings of 51%. i found it interesting that for the first four presidents on the chart, the disapproval ratings were below 10%. But the disapproval ratings have seemed to go up. This must mean that over the years we have elected less popular people as president. Unlike Disapproval%'s, there seems to be no real pattern for No Opinion%'s. Bush Jr. had the highest disapproval rating. So I think that played into Obama getting so much approval. Not many people liked bush, so people liked Obama, who had different views than Bush. I agree with Oliver in that, I think Eisenhower had a good approval rating because America was now recovering from World War II. I also think that seeing as how Obama has a high approval rating, he will do a good job in office. I think this because 68% of the people polled seem to think it too. JFK has a high approval rating, and for the time he was in office, he did a good job.
Well I see that Obama had a high approval percentage. The lowest was President Bush and Reagan. I was surprised that so many were in the approval percentage for Obama.This is good to see for a good start to his presidency. Kennedy was the only one who had a higher approval rating than Obama. This is astonishing to have more approval of the party opposite than your own. I think those numbers are preparing a sucussful path for our new president. This chart means to me that our current time is more open-minded than it was in the past.
I think that with this new president, people have to be optimistic. There have been so many problems with our government for so long that people will approve of Obama,no matter what he doe now. If he can turn things around for us he will get good grades. If he doesn't then he will face criticism later right now people will like him because he gives us hope for things to be better.
One thing I noticed was that Bush had the most percentage of dissaproval than any of the other presidents that are on the list. And although Obama doesn't have the highest approval rating he also doesn't have the highest dissaproval rating. He is kind of in the middle. One number that strikes me as significant is that Kennedy has the highest approval rating. Which makes me feel that people believed in him a whole lot. I'm not really sure what it means.
In this chart I see early presidents and of America's approvals, disapproval, and no opinions on them. What strikes me is that Obama is in 2nd with 68% approvals. The president that is tied with that many approvals was Eisenhower which was 56 years ago. I would have thought that Obama's approval rate would be a lot higher. I thought this because the media is saying how much everyone loves him and showing many people going to the invigoration. Because of this, it also strikes me that Obama is third for disapproval with 12%. In 1953 (when Eisenhower was president), we were in the Korean War. Right know we are in a war with Iraq. People of America were in wars that they didn't like being in. So from that time to this time, American's wanted a president to get them out of war i would think. Also showing that they are both 68%, it would seem that race doesn't go along with approval rates of presidents. I also see that John Kennedy has the highest approves with 72%. This means that a lot of people liked Kennedy when he first came into office.
I can see in the chart that Obama has a high approval percentage that is at least ten persent above the last 4 presidents. The number that really strikes me is the 72 percent approval that Kennedy got in this poll. this means that the people really liked what he was doing in his term and thought he was a good president. This chart says that in our time we will pay attention to politics in tough times like we are now but during the smooth prosperis times most of the Americans don't care about who the president is and don't really care what kind of a job he is doing.
It does not surprise me that Obama has a high approval rating. He has the highest approval rating since Kennedy. The chart also shows that the democrats have higher approval ratings than the republicans. More people approve of Obama than disapprove in all parties. This is nice because he is the president of the United States and not a whole lot can change that. It seems surprising that 43% of Republicans approve of Obama. It also seemed surprising that 52% of conservatives approve of Obama. In my opinion his high approval ratings are good since he is the President.
It is very interesting to see that the majority of poll takers approved of the last nine presidents. It is also very interesting to see that Obama and Eisenhower both had the same percentage, 68%, apporove of them. Also it is interesting that J.F.K. had the highest approval percentage, 72%. I would think since Obama is our first black president he would have the highest approval percentage.I think these numbers mean that we have had effective presidents in the last couple of decades because there are low dissaproval percentages other than Bush and Clinton. What I think this chart says about the present time and the past is that the respect towards our president hasn't changed. The majority of citizens still approve of our leaders, well. Hopefully the approval percentages for our future leaders will maintain the current chart.
In the chart I noticed that Obama has the second highest approval rate. He and Eisenhower both have a 68% approval rate which was only topped by Kennedy who had a 72% approval rate. Another fact that I noticed was that he also had the second lowest percent of people who had no opinion. Only 21% had no opinion. This shows me that most people either approve or disapprove of Obama but not many have no opinion. In the past presidents had a lower disapproval rate. Until Reagan the disapproval rate hadn’t even reached past 8%. The more recent presidents however have less of a percent of people saying no opinion and a greater percent disapproving of the president.
In the chart I see that for the president's initial job approval Eisenhower and Obama are tied at 68% approval. Shortly followed by Carter at 66% approval. The president's with the lowest approval were Bush tied with Reagan with 51%. I think thies numbers mean that so far Obama has gotten a good start on his new job since he's in the lead for the year 09. The chart shows that over time people liked bush better compared to when they liked him in 89.
by juan salazar
in this chart i see that obamas job aproval is 68%. also that 12% disaprove his job initial. what stikes me the most is kennedys job initial votes 72% were aproved but 7% disaproved.i think these numbers mean that obamas idea is off to a great start the aproval % represents how many agree to his job initial the disaproval% represents how many disagrees.
ok, so far obamas job approval is at 68%. I guess because I am still just a kid my opinion is that this is impressive. espescially because he is the president. Also one of the most popular presidents since Kennedy who also had an even higher perentage job approval. I just hope that all this % chart talk will turn into real jobs for the ones that are desperate to work. As far as past presidents %'s, some were good and some not so good. As far as "charts" go, what does this really mean for me personally?? I just hope that the 68% job approval will really become a reality and not just a charted idea. Some day I will be affected by our presidents and the whole outcomes that come along with them but still I can't wait to cast my vote for one.
' so i have to say that getting involved now at my age; even though I don't truely understand it all, will benefit me for my future.
By the chart Obama has been showing improvement. he has the fourth highest disaproval. he also has the second highest approvel rate. His approval rate is 68. His disapproval rate is 12. The no opinion is 21. Wutch is the 5 highest. He has done a good job the chart is saying with the inforamation.
This chart means that said many peope approve of this president’s job. What sticks outto me is how many people approve of the president’s job
This chart means that said many peope approve of this president’s job. What sticks outto me is how many people approve of the president’s job
From what i see in the charts it looks like obame is haveing the second highest initial aproveal rateing in the history of presidents. I think this is because of him being all about change and most people want that so they aprove of him. But we have to wait and see how this all turns out to see if hes all talk or not. It suprises me how many people did not have a opinion.
I see that many people are aproving the actions of obama. 68% of the people who were polled, aprove. This shows that he is doing his job farly well if the people think he is serving them correctly. Mr.Obama is on of the top presidents on the chart. He is ontop of his game.
From what I read Obama's approval ratings are at 68% Which is good for a president who hasn't done much yet.
What also strikes me interesting is that Bush II's aproval is 6 % higher than his fathers was.
I see that in these polls, Obama has the second highest approval rate. This rate is also tied with Eisenhower. The highest approval rate in these polls goes to Kennedy. What I found interesting was that Obama had the 2nd lowest No opinion rate. The president with the lowest no opinion rate was Bush. This shows me that quite a ceratin amount of people out there niether Aprrove nor Dissaprove.They simply just have no opinion. What I've also noticed in these polls, that more people voted No opinion rather than Disaproval for their ratings.
the first thing i noticed was that obama had a high approval rating.as a matter of fact he's among the top 3 highest approved presidents on the list.then i noticed that the disapproval rates were going up as each president is elcted.what i also noticed was that when G.W bush was elected his disapproval rating spiked to 25%.
In the first chart I saw that the highest percentage of approval was for Kennedy with 72%. The second highest approval is a tie between Obama and Eisenhower. To me this is a good thing because it means that Obama is doing very well at pleasing America, or at least at the moment. In the other chart I can see that the democrats, which President Obama happens to be, are the most approved by over 20%. What I also find interesting in the second chart is that the independents are more approved than the republicans. This surprized me because I though that the Republicans would have just as much apporval as the democrats. I also thought that the independents weren't nearly as popular or well known as the other canidanties. Compared to the past the first cart says that not many people were that fond or approving of the other presidents quite as much as they are now.
I find it interesting that the same percent of people in Independent and Republican parties have no opinion. I also find it odd that more Republicans aprove than disaprove.I think that it is good that Obama has the aproval he has. Though he does have a soso no opinion rate.
The thing that i noticed in the first chart that in the lead with 72% was kenedy. And then with a tie for second was Obama and Eisenhower. Indipendants are more approved than the republicans. I was not surprised at that because i thought that the democrats would have more than the republicans.
The thing that i noticed in the first chart that in the lead with 72% was kenedy. And then with a tie for second was Obama and Eisenhower. Indipendants are more approved than the republicans. I was not surprised at that because i thought that the democrats would have more than the republicans.
I seen that Obama is doing exceedingly well so far with the approval ratings. He has the same approval rating as Eisenhower. The numbers that strike me the most is that out of all the presidents we have had after WWII, there is only 1 more president that has a higher approval rating. Therefore showing that Obama is doing a very good job at the start of his presidency. These numbers mean that Obama has a better approval rating than every president after WWII except 2. I think this chart shows that when we've had a not so good president before than the next one seems amazing. Also this shows that Obama is doing very well for the first black president. Keep it up Obama.
..... Mr.Croft, Mrs.hines says i missed the last blog but i have my post their so maybe u didnt see it when u looked.
What I see in the chart is that Eisenhower and Obama have the same initial job approval rating. I think that Obama is doing a very good job so far with this initial job approval rating. I find it significant that Kennedy has the highest approval of 72%. Another thing that I found significant in the chart was the disapproval rate for Obama compared to the other presidents. Obama has a lowish disapproval rate, but it is not the lowest. I think these numbers represent how people feel about the presidents. I think the chart says about our current time in relation to the past is that the presidents from the past had a lower preidential approval than the ones currently.
Post a Comment