Are you disappointed to be unable to vote in this year's presidential election? Why or why not?
34 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I am dissapointed that I cannot vote this election because I think John McCain and Sarah Palin have some great things to offer us. I would love to contribute and support them.
yes because this election will make history in the usa. When I vote i am forced to learn more and I realy would love to take part. This election will be big and there will be change no matter what.
NO I'm not unhappy that I can't vote in this election because I don't like either of the major canidates and I doubt that that if either one one of them will change thae US much for the better.
I am dissapointed that I can't vote becasue I know enough about the candidates and politics to make a informed vote. I am also upset because I've been watchign the domocratic and republican conventions and feel that it's not fair that i've payed so much attention to them to not be able to vote. NOT FAIR!!!
No I'm not because I am too young to even know what is in a great leader. Sureee I know whats in a good leader. And I wouldnt know what leader to choose!VERY FAIR!!!
I am not very educated about the election or politics so I think that I would make the wrong vote, and every vote counts. I also think that this election is one that will change the world, but I don't think a thirteen year old should partake in this. I also think the two canidates are not the greatest, and that I couldn't vote anyways. The election should only be voted by the people that have aright to in te law... Not kids.
Although im disapointed on not being able to vote for obama. I dont think most kids are educated enough to vote and if they want to vote they sould hve to take a test to vote
I am very dissapointed because this is a very big vote and it will effect all of us.If the wrong choose is made some peole will be in troble with gas prices and just the coast of every day things.
Im disappointed, and yet im not. I am disappointed because i really like what i've heard about Barack Obama and it would be cool to have the firstblack president of the USA. Im not dissapointed because I don't really care that much about political stuff.
i am and im not because no i don't want obama in office hed mess up the country like no one would expect but on the other hand i think the american public will come to there senses and realize all Obama is, is a good speaker. period, and not very much of a politician
people say expirience dosent matter well it does when it comes to who is holding are country in the palms of there hands, black or white
Yes. I also agree with Melissa. But I dont just care that he might be our first black president. I care about what he has to say. If his ideas are not good, why would we want him to be our president. McCain is giving good ideas i think. Becaus getting out of this war or fight, is what I think is good for us. We are losing to many men and women who only care about us and are trying to help us. But Obama feels that he needs to keep them there, and even send in more people! Think of all of the families who have lost their family members. Imagine not being able to be with your family on hollidays! That is kind of depressing. So when you really think about it, McCain is the better choice in president.
I am very dissapointed, because, like bridget said, this will be a big vote. Either our first black president, or our oldest president and first woman vice!!
Yes I am dissapointed that I cannot vote for obama but I agree with everyone on the point that we have not been educated enough to make a truly good choice. However I think that it would be intersting to take a shepaug vote where every student votes for his/her favorite candidate and we could see the outcome.That way we each could feel like we got to vote.
I don't really care about voting this election. First off, I am not entirely interested in either candidate, and whoever the next president is, we are going down the same slippery slope. To raise another point, I do not think any 8th-12th grader is really ready to vote, because we're all still kids. Later on in life, we will be more aware and we will be able to reason better, other then "Obama will give us tax cuts.". So NO I am not upset, and I have been following the election only for entertainment.
I am dissapointed that I cannot vote in this election because it will change history, we will either have our first women vice president or our first African-American President. If i could vote I would probably vote for Obama because the republicans have been in charge for 8 years and lost the country's trust. now they think they can gain it back by saying "we will have change" but not saying what they will do to make that happen. Also people say that Obama is inexperienced but he will have Joe Biden who has been in politics for a very long time to help him. In my opinion John Mcain is too old to run the country and Sara Palin who is very smart is inexperienced and if John Mcain were to die anytime during his presidency she would have to take over. I think Obama is ready and he hasnt been in politics long enough to be corrupt. -Thomas An
i am not dissaponted because i dont know alot aboat either canidate so i dont care either way if its oboma or McCain idont really care, they both would be good presidents.
I am very dissapointed that I can not vote in this election. I would have liked to vote because it is the first ever women nominee for vice president and the first African American presidential nominee for the Demorcratic Party. This is a really historic election. It would have been great to have voted for Obama.
I am very dissapointed that I can not vote in this election. I would have liked to vote because it is the first ever women nominee for vice president and the first African American presidential nominee for the Demorcratic Party. This is a really historic election. It would have been great to have voted for Obama.
I am very dissapointed to not being able to vote for the canidate that i want. I wish they aloud 13 and up to vote. Some 13 year old people would make acually good choices. But i can understand why they make it 18. They probally mad it 18 because kids could just be picking the person their peers are picking. Also they could just pick anyone without understanding there policies. Some 13 year olds just might not vote. So to say the least I am disappointed to be unable to vote but atleast i can on the next election!
I am disappointed in our country's leaders for not allowing young people to vote. I believe that young people have good ideas. If we were allowed to vote, it might get us more involved in politics. I am personally disappointed because I wish I could vote for Obama because every vote counts and it would make me feel like I did my part for America.
I am dispointed I can not vote because this will be a historical election.Although i think that it is a good thing that people under 18 can not vote because they might not know anything and just vote who there parents like. I belive kids sould have to pass somesort of modern trst on politics to see if the kids are ready to vote. But then again kids can be more informed then adults and adults can be more informed then kids it realy depends.
I am not disappointed that i cannot vote. Or that anyone else under the age of 18 can't. Yes, they do have brilliant ideas. But personally I feel that they are not mature enough to understand the importance of what is expected of a leader.
I am disapointed that i cannot vote this election because I think that Obama and Joe Biden have amazing things to the world. I would love to cotribute and support them.
34 comments:
I am dissapointed that I cannot vote this election because I think John McCain and Sarah Palin have some great things to offer us. I would love to contribute and support them.
yes because this election will make history in the usa. When I vote i am forced to learn more and I realy would love to take part. This election will be big and there will be change no matter what.
I am unhappy because I can't vote for Obama. I dont want the republicans to win!!!!!
I'm not because I don't like either candidate
i am very disappointed that i can not vote in this election if i could vote i would vote for Obama. OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT
NO I'm not unhappy that I can't vote in this election because I don't like either of the major canidates and I doubt that that if either one one of them will change thae US much for the better.
I am dissapointed that I can't vote becasue I know enough about the candidates and politics to make a informed vote. I am also upset because I've been watchign the domocratic and republican conventions and feel that it's not fair that i've payed so much attention to them to not be able to vote. NOT FAIR!!!
No I'm not because I am too young to even know what is in a great leader. Sureee I know whats in a good leader. And I wouldnt know what leader to choose!VERY FAIR!!!
Im sortof disapointed because i cant vote for obama .
Although neither candidate will bring mutch change RON PAUL!!!!!!
I am not very educated about the election or politics so I think that I would make the wrong vote, and every vote counts. I also think that this election is one that will change the world, but I don't think a thirteen year old should partake in this. I also think the two canidates are not the greatest, and that I couldn't vote anyways. The election should only be voted by the people that have aright to in te law... Not kids.
Although im disapointed on not being able to vote for obama. I dont think most kids are educated enough to vote and if they want to vote they sould hve to take a test to vote
I am dissapointed. But i dissagree with quaid. I am upset that i cannot vote for McCain. Because I feel that McCain has some very good ideas.
I am very dissapointed because this is a very big vote and it will effect all of us.If the wrong choose is made some peole will be in troble with gas prices and just the coast of every day things.
Im disappointed, and yet im not. I am disappointed because i really like what i've heard about Barack Obama and it would be cool to have the firstblack president of the USA. Im not dissapointed because I don't really care that much about political stuff.
i am and im not because no i don't want obama in office hed mess up the country like no one would expect but on the other hand i think the american public will come to there senses and realize all Obama is, is a good speaker. period, and not very much of a politician
people say expirience dosent matter
well it does when it comes to who is holding are country in the palms of there hands, black or white
Yes. I also agree with Melissa. But I dont just care that he might be our first black president. I care about what he has to say. If his ideas are not good, why would we want him to be our president. McCain is giving good ideas i think. Becaus getting out of this war or fight, is what I think is good for us. We are losing to many men and women who only care about us and are trying to help us. But Obama feels that he needs to keep them there, and even send in more people! Think of all of the families who have lost their family members. Imagine not being able to be with your family on hollidays! That is kind of depressing. So when you really think about it, McCain is the better choice in president.
I am very dissapointed, because, like bridget said, this will be a big vote. Either our first black president, or our oldest president and first woman vice!!
Sorry to leave my first anonmynous blog so short, I forgot about the sentence rule.
This is a big change for America either way. For me I am younger than a lot of people so I will have to wait two terms until I can finally vote.
Yes I am dissapointed that I cannot vote for obama but I agree with everyone on the point that we have not been educated enough to make a truly good choice. However I think that it would be intersting to take a shepaug vote where every student votes for his/her favorite candidate and we could see the outcome.That way we each could feel like we got to vote.
I don't really care about voting this election. First off, I am not entirely interested in either candidate, and whoever the next president is, we are going down the same slippery slope. To raise another point, I do not think any 8th-12th grader is really ready to vote, because we're all still kids. Later on in life, we will be more aware and we will be able to reason better, other then "Obama will give us tax cuts.". So NO I am not upset, and I have been following the election only for entertainment.
I am dissapointed that I cannot vote in this election because it will change history, we will either have our first women vice president or our first African-American President. If i could vote I would probably vote for Obama because the republicans have been in charge for 8 years and lost the country's trust. now they think they can gain it back by saying "we will have change" but not saying what they will do to make that happen. Also people say that Obama is inexperienced but he will have Joe Biden who has been in politics for a very long time to help him. In my opinion John Mcain is too old to run the country and Sara Palin who is very smart is inexperienced and if John Mcain were to die anytime during his presidency she would have to take over. I think Obama is ready and he hasnt been in politics long enough to be corrupt. -Thomas An
i am not dissaponted because i dont know alot aboat either canidate so i dont care either way if its oboma or McCain idont really care, they both would be good presidents.
I am very dissapointed that I can not vote in this election. I would have liked to vote because it is the first ever women nominee for vice president and the first African American presidential nominee for the Demorcratic Party. This is a really historic election. It would have been great to have voted for Obama.
I am very dissapointed that I can not vote in this election. I would have liked to vote because it is the first ever women nominee for vice president and the first African American presidential nominee for the Demorcratic Party. This is a really historic election. It would have been great to have voted for Obama.
I am very dissapointed to not being able to vote for the canidate that i want. I wish they aloud 13 and up to vote. Some 13 year old people would make acually good choices. But i can understand why they make it 18. They probally mad it 18 because kids could just be picking the person their peers are picking. Also they could just pick anyone without understanding there policies. Some 13 year olds just might not vote. So to say the least I am disappointed to be unable to vote but atleast i can on the next election!
i am disapointed because i realy want obama to win and john mccain is going to pt a draft and tha woud not be cool
I am disappointed in our country's leaders for not allowing young people to vote. I believe that young people have good ideas. If we were allowed to vote, it might get us more involved in politics. I am personally disappointed because I wish I could vote for Obama because every vote counts and it would make me feel like I did my part for America.
Yes I am dissapointed that I can not vote because no matter what side wins it will be historical.
I am dispointed I can not vote because this will be a historical election.Although i think that it is a good thing that people under 18 can not vote because they might not know anything and just vote who there parents like. I belive kids sould have to pass somesort of modern trst on politics to see if the kids are ready to vote. But then again kids can be more informed then adults and adults can be more informed then kids it realy depends.
I am not disappointed that i cannot vote. Or that anyone else under the age of 18 can't. Yes, they do have brilliant ideas. But personally I feel that they are not mature enough to understand the importance of what is expected of a leader.
I am disapointed that i cannot vote this election because I think that Obama and Joe Biden have amazing things to the world. I would love to cotribute and support them.
spud
I am sad. I can't vote for Obama or in the 2012 election. The voting age of 18 suchs
Post a Comment